Setting Guidlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

It's best to let the moderators create their own set of rules rather than have regular users create their version of rules and try to enforce them.

sorachan

Animation Expert

did you mean bigotry?
What ever it is it was not the right word...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It's best to let the moderators create their own set of rules rather than have regular users create their version of rules and try to enforce them.
Well you see that comes along with how strict the rules were at OVMK we could not choose what goes where it was automaticly the create it using a set of guidelines/suggestions could help shape the current and future rules made and please remember this remark has been made already

{To clear the air:

Kevin told me he's writing up some rules/guidelines, so be patient.

I appreciate your willingness and concern sora. But to me, you are coming off as trying to become a moderator. We all know what the basic rules are, which are easily known as no offensive language etc. which we are all perfectly aware of.

But just understand that it's up to the staff members to do this, and you shouldn't have posted this without their permission most specifically.

-Tessa

It interesting that you should say that because I think you also come off as trying to be a moderator often, too. It has even been mentioned on a few other forums; people speculating that you are friends with the staff and so it leads to that attitude or tone from you. Maybe when one person sees it they follow suit because the tone is already set. We really need to let Kevin and Amy set the guidelines. Kevin has made it very clear that he realizes guidelines need to be set and there are already people here who are would-be violators. Until he sets those guidelines in place, there is not much that can be done. On the other hand, until those guidelines are set, much of the bossiness, childish tones, arguments, sarcasm and such will still exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you see that comes along with how strict the rules were at OVMK we could not choose what goes where it was automaticly the create it using a set of guidelines/suggestions could help shape the current and future rules made and please remember this remark has been made already
I don't think you will see that here. Much of that was Grace because she was selfish, controlling and immature. People that have something to say about everything are the worst for moderation. As somebody else posted in another thread, self restraint is the key. That doesn't apply to most people here. :(

sorachan

Animation Expert
It interesting that you should say that because I think you also come off as trying to be a moderator often, too. It has even been mentioned on a few other forums; people speculating that you are friends with the staff and so it leads to that attitude or tone from you. Maybe when one person sees it they follow suit because the tone is already set. We really need to let Kevin and Amy set the guidelines. Kevin has made it very clear that he realizes guidelines need to be set and there are already people here who are would-be violators. Until he sets those guidelines in place, there is not much that can be done. On the other hand, until those guidelines are set, much of the bossiness, childish tones, arguments, sarcasm and such will still exist.
To summerize what you just said your calling Tessa a Hypocrite along with that no current guide lines exist so will all the tone and behavior is going on along with the fact that before rules are officailly made these Guide lines will have to work for now thats why i want people to add and expand it to hopefully shape rules in the future

No, I wasn't trying to come off rude when I said Bigotry.
I genuinely think that's the word you were thinking of, because
it honestly fits what you were saying. "No bigotry" meaning that
you don't want "intolerance toward those who hold different
opinions." Cause that's what bigotry means. Idk man, I like
vocabulary a lot, I was just trying to help x')

Shrimp

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you will see that here. Much of that was Grace because she was selfish, controlling and immature. People that have something to say about everything are the worst for moderation. As somebody else posted in another thread, self restraint is the key. That doesn't apply to most people here. :(
LOL, I knew I wasn't the only one.

Patience is a virtue!

sorachan

Animation Expert

No, I wasn't trying to come off rude when I said Bigotry.
I genuinely think that's the word you were thinking of, because
it honestly fits what you were saying. "No bigotry" meaning that
you don't want "intolerance toward those who hold different
opinions." Cause that's what bigotry means. Idk man, I like
vocabulary a lot, I was just trying to help x')
Sorry did not need to come off rude just had no idea what the word was that was wrong. lol

1.No spamming
Spamming will not be allowed on the forums especially if it has to do with earning post counts
What is the deal with this? Is this a kid thing? Who in the world gets worked up over post count and why would it be a competition? I have over 50K posts on the Disboards and I have never felt superior to anybody else. One lady has over 300K posts and I have never felt the need to catch up with her nor have I felt envious. Robo over there has over 80K posts and most of them are self promotion. I have seen Caribeanne post only 200 or so posts and she is the most helpful person on the forum. None of this has to do with post count. I guess this is a kid thing, but most people could care less about post count.

Furthermore, if Kevin or Grizzly have created a board, then apparently they do not see it as spam. They apparently want their forum to be more than just VMK information. If we go by the standards of most here, then over 90% of this forum is spam since most of it has nothing to do with the actual game (since it hasn't been released yet).

sorachan

Animation Expert
What is the deal with this? Is this a kid thing? Who in the world gets worked up over post count and why would it be a competition? I have over 50K posts on the Disboards and I have never felt superior to anybody else. One lady has over 300K posts and I have never felt the need to catch up with her nor have I felt envious. Robo over there has over 80K posts and most of them are self promotion. I have seen Caribeanne post only 200 or so posts and she is the most helpful person on the forum. None of this has to do with post count. I guess this is a kid thing, but most people could care less about post count.

Furthermore, if Kevin or Grizzly have created a board, then apparently they do not see it as spam. They apparently want their forum to be more than just VMK information. If we go by the standards of most here, then over 90 of this forum is spam since most of it has nothing to do with the actual game (since it hasn't been released yet).
i mean spaming like looooool on a forum just for it to count as a post sorry for no clarity

sorachan I also think more rules need to be implemented and moderation needs to occur both on forum and in chat. However, I think it is the current staffs job to implement them.

Ness

In my opinion, I believe that we should be mature enough as a community to all decide on rules that we believe are fair. I think democracy is the best way in deciding things at the moment, as we've seen with all the polls.

It's ultimately up to the moderators though, and I'm sure their rules will be just and fair. Not as stifling as Grace's rules were.

sorachan

Animation Expert
In my opinion, I believe that we should be mature enough as a community to all decide on rules that we believe are fair. I think democracy is the best way in deciding things at the moment, as we've seen with all the polls.

It's ultimately up to the moderators though, and I'm sure their rules will be just and fair. Not as stifling as Grace's rules were.
Cool nice idea but maturity will be hard to control

Status
Not open for further replies.