The Blackfish Debate

Do You Support Blackfish OR SeaWorld?

• Total voters
Yes, but the ones that have been bred within SeaWorld cannot be released into the open ocean because they have never been exposed to it and wouldn't know how to survive on their own.

They need to release Tilly because he's the one who's suffered the longest and they need to stop breeding them. But the ones that are there now that have been born there pretty much have to live the rest of their days there because they simply wouldn't be able to adapt to the open ocean.

Although it would be nice for a whale sanctuary for them in the ocean.. probably netted but give them a few miles instead of those tanks. Then they'd at least be in peace.

I don't blame seaworld for their curiosity of the orcas. They just don't belong in tanks and they have to do something besides making the tanks larger. But it's not a simple solution and many people think they can just simply put them in the ocean and everything will be fine and dandy but it's not that easy.
I agree, I haven't watched the documentary but it would be especially cruel to release animals into the ocean when they are not used to an ocean environment. They lack hunting skills and would probably die.