The MyVMK Economy

I'm sure the virtually wealthy are quite pleased with themselves. I mean, wasn't it genius of them to run clones?
I think this is a poor statement. Not everyone who is "wealthy" uses clones. Some people genuinely work hard at acquiring everything they have, without using clones... whether it be items, credits, or a mixture of both.

~Days

You guys are killing my confidence here.
And I thought I was so intelligent too. :(

Ranch

Until Amy adds registers, there is no economy. There wasn't one in VMK either. While everyone was trading their life away for a inferno pin, I found one for 2 firework pins and a purple turnstile.

We see currently, green and pink flips being offered for stitch and minnie hats. Either color flips should aquire more than that right? Wrong. Economic and item stats doesn't drive a player's preferences.

You guys are killing my confidence here.
And I thought I was so intelligent too. :(
It's a valid point in that it's going to be difficult for in-store items to ever work up in value because the supply is theoretically large. The question is whether people will actually open up their inventories -- 2400 headdresses are in the game, but it means absolutely nothing if people aren't trading them just yet.

I think the undervaluation of the credit is a more frightening economic effect. The soul of the game's trade market right now is a 1 chance of winning a super-rare. Credits, by all rights, should be the reserve currency of the game. Ranch mentioned that we need player-made stores to have an economy, and I semi-agree. We do have an economy already, but user registers would make credit transactions much, much easier. Liquidate the credit, and it should deflate a bit. In theory, that should reduce the item surplus down the line.