The MyVMK Marketplace - Sell all your items! PICTURE

Would you use the MyVMK Marketplace? And if so how often?

• Total voters

Pockets

~ THE MARKETPLACE ~
Welcome to the MyVMK Marketplace! A brilliant opportunity to sell your items for the right price!
The MyVMK Marketplace could me accessed via a room (which I would prefer) or just a simple icon on the bottom hotbar. Initially the Marketplace would be like the Grand Exchange if you ever played Runescape. It would be a gui-form marketplace where players could have a small amount of slots where they could put up an item, they then decide if they want it to be an auction or just a simple buy now only item. Or both! They then set what they want the beginning starting price to be or the buy now price depending on how the want to run the selling of the item. Then on the bidding/selling of the item takes place! When the item has had a bid or has been sold the player will get a notification saying the overall status of the item but they can check it at anytime VIA the Marketplace GUI. Their will be a limit to how long your item can be on auction but that time limit can be increased for a fee of 500 credits per hour or something along the lines of that. Buy Now only items will be available forever until they are sold. I think this is great because it adds a sense of marketing to the game and will get the economy rolling! This is just an idea I thought long and hard about and I really hope everyone agrees that it is cool! :)

I made a really quick sketch of what the Market would look like...

So thanks for checking out my idea and I hope you enjoy! :)

firelordjoelle

This is such a great idea because now there will be fewer trade rooms and people will actually be socializing! And also a great idea because everything you said.

Would the market place be only credits? Or could you also trade other items of that's what the bidder asks for?

Also if this happens, there should be tabs on magics, furniture, clothes. And there should be a certain limit for people to buy daily because all the rich people would come and buy everything leaving barely anything for the middle-wage and poor and new people :'(

I VOTE YES.

Karalora

I think this is a super idea! Part of the problem with trading is the dicey process of tracking down who has what you want and is willing to trade.

Amy

Head Administrator
umm... i already announced something like this and i've been working on it...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kvzgic21z6d019/Screenshot 2015-03-26 19.08.15.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqhaapc1dh6wh49/Screenshot 2015-03-26 19.08.31.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dc0ruqpymi0ujth/Screenshot 2015-03-26 19.08.39.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t708h07kn9sq7bb/Screenshot 2015-03-26 19.09.10.png?dl=0

Search works by you typing the item name and it filtering, it lists every item that's available to buy. If you click it, it takes you to a page showing the 25 cheapest listings for that item.

Pockets

I love you Amy.[DOUBLEPOST=1427379849][/DOUBLEPOST]Can we be expecting this to be implemented in the coming future Amy?! Super Hyped!;)[DOUBLEPOST=1427379908][/DOUBLEPOST]And if so how long are we talking?

Last edited:

Amy

Head Administrator
I love you Amy.[DOUBLEPOST=1427379849][/DOUBLEPOST]Can we be expecting this to be implemented in the coming future Amy?! Super Hyped!;)[DOUBLEPOST=1427379908][/DOUBLEPOST]And if so how long are we talking?
I don't know, I started working on it back when pirates was almost released (actually released, not August), but I haven't had much time... I've done more on it recently though.

Pockets

I don't know, I started working on it back when pirates was almost released (actually released, not August), but I haven't had much time... I've done more on it recently though.
Well I am super excited now, by those pictures it looks like the Market will be on the website not the actual game is that correct? I think this is brilliant Amy!!

Last edited:

Lost

A few small suggestions I have for the marketplace would be:

1. Show the average sell price of an item over the last week/month
2. Show the highest and lowest sell points of an item and when
3. Add a "Most recently added items" section (Think that was in one of the screenshots but wasn't sure if it just meant items added recently by yourself instead of all items recently added)
4. After 2 weeks items return back to players inventories (This is useful for a few reasons - It gets rid of spam sales such as people trying to sell a frying pan for 100k, it will get rid of items on that that have been left by inactive players which would a) Free up space in the market place and b) if an item drastically rises and they are inactive then it's likely their sale will have expired before it happens which means they don't miss out and still have the items)

I will probably have more suggestions but those are a few that would be welcome to see. These sorts of things take a long time especially adding safeguards and working into the engine but I can't wait to use it eventually :D

Amy

Head Administrator
A few small suggestions I have for the marketplace would be:

1. Show the average sell price of an item over the last week/month
2. Show the highest and lowest sell points of an item and when
3. Add a "Most recently added items" section (Think that was in one of the screenshots but wasn't sure if it just meant items added recently by yourself instead of all items recently added)
4. After 2 weeks items return back to players inventories (This is useful for a few reasons - It gets rid of spam sales such as people trying to sell a frying pan for 100k, it will get rid of items on that that have been left by inactive players which would a) Free up space in the market place and b) if an item drastically rises and they are inactive then it's likely their sale will have expired before it happens which means they don't miss out and still have the items)

I will probably have more suggestions but those are a few that would be welcome to see. These sorts of things take a long time especially adding safeguards and working into the engine but I can't wait to use it eventually :D
There's no space really, the recently listed shows the most recently listed items by everyone, and the item results page shows the 25 most cheapest sales for that item (grouped together by price, first listed first sold). I don't think I'm going to make them expire because I think people should be able to have lots of cheap things listed on there (like rocks). There will be item statistics at some point.

Pockets

There's no space really, the recently listed shows the most recently listed items by everyone, and the item results page shows the 25 most cheapest sales for that item (grouped together by price, first listed first sold). I don't think I'm going to make them expire because I think people should be able to have lots of cheap things listed on there (like rocks). There will be item statistics at some point.
It sounds like your finished or you atleast have the science behind it down what left to do? This feature should be a huge priority. It seems popular amongst the players, I am super excited to see this be implemented. Also will it not have auctions? It doesnt need it, just a nifty side-feature.

Amy

Head Administrator
It sounds like your finished or you atleast have the science behind it down what left to do? This feature should be a huge priority. It seems popular amongst the players, I am super excited to see this be implemented. Also will it not have auctions? It doesnt need it, just a nifty side-feature.
Auctions would complicate it a bit, if they ever happen they'd be separate.

Pockets

Auctions would complicate it a bit, if they ever happen they'd be separate.
Well yes I 100% agree. Also with the item results page that shows the 25 most cheapest sales that saves idiots from putting stuff up for a really stupid price. Man I am super hyped for this I hope it becomes available soon. Amy do we have your confirmation that this is definitely going to happen? I AM SOOOO HYPED.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kvzgic21z6d019/Screenshot 2015-03-26 19.08.15.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqhaapc1dh6wh49/Screenshot 2015-03-26 19.08.31.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dc0ruqpymi0ujth/Screenshot 2015-03-26 19.08.39.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t708h07kn9sq7bb/Screenshot 2015-03-26 19.09.10.png?dl=0

Search works by you typing the item name and it filtering, it lists every item that's available to buy. If you click it, it takes you to a page showing the 25 cheapest listings for that item.
I can not wait :hearts: