Third Disney Theme Park?

ZachTWB

Disneyland obsessed
When Disneyland Resort announces plans for a third theme park.. (It's only a matter of time when they realize they can't keep on raising the prices to fight the crowds.) What kind of theme park would you want them to build? Whether it be an existing Disney theme park or whatever.

Personally, I would want one of these two existing theme parks. WestCOT (West coast Epcot. They previously had these plans until they realized they didn't have money at the time and ended up cancelling these plans. After the cancellation they quickly thought up California Adventure.)

Or smaller Animal Kingdom. (This would require Disney to take the time to buy plots of land over the years.. so this might be a bit unrealistic.)

Thoughts?

Maliboomer

I thought that it would have been cool if Disneyland had a Pixar Park, but it's a little too late for that since there is so much Pixar stuff at California Adventure. A few years ago I thought I heard that the Disneyland Resort was planning on adding a water park, but I am guessing that those plans got scrapped. I think that a water park or an EPCOT would be a nice addition to DLR.

How much land does DLR have? Wouldn't it be difficult to expand?

Navii

I could honestly see another park somewhere along the East Coast. They could get land easily, but for an expense. There is so much farmland along the coast and the demand is always there because of the tourists that visit the beaches anyways.[DOUBLEPOST=1410260701][/DOUBLEPOST]I could honestly see another park somewhere along the East Coast. They could get land easily, but for an expense. There is so much farmland along the coast and the demand is always there because of the tourists that visit the beaches anyways.

ZachTWB

Disneyland obsessed
How much land does DLR have? Wouldn't it be difficult to expand?
Trust me, if Disney (a HUGE company.) wants land they are going to find a way to get it. They own a pretty good size plot of near the resort. If they slowly start adding to that land it will be big enough for a good sized park plus CM-Only areas.

Trust me, if Disney (a HUGE company.) wants land they are going to find a way to get it. They own a pretty good size plot of near the resort. If they slowly start adding to that land it will be big enough for a good sized park plus CM-Only areas.
That's the thing.. They haven't shown an interest in expanding as most of their developments have been toward wdw

Sophia

one in ireland tbh xoxoxooxox
YES, Europe needs more Disney theme parks. They are building another one in Asia. There's literally 3 there now and only 1 in Europe. Like who wants to go to Singapore?[DOUBLEPOST=1410291822][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, there is no way they can build a third theme park in Anaheim. There's not enough land available in Orange County even if they wanted to build anything there, they simply couldn't. If anything, they'd probably have to build elsewhere like Valencia (by Six Flags) or Inland Empire which is like 25 minutes away from Anaheim since there is an abundance of land space available there, and its cheap too. The downside, is it's always 85-100 degrees in those areas, which is why land is cheap there.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I can tell you now, the chances of Disney building another park in the states is very very slim. There's only so many Disney parks you can stuff in one state before it becomes an overkill. With parks in Anaheim, Orlando, Paris, Shanghai (2015), Tokyo, and Hong Kong, I would imagine the next park (and possibly last) would be somewhere in Europe. I know for a while (before Shanghai was decided) there was rumors for plans to build a park in India. If Dubai majorly cleans up in the next 15-20 years, I could also see that being a potential candidate as well.

ZachTWB

Disneyland obsessed
Disneyland Resort already owns a piece of land that's about the size of California Adventure and it's on Harbor Blvd. They are going to NEED a third park if they want to curve the overcrowding at the resort. They've already tried raising the prices and suspending one of their annual passes. It's only a matter of time.

VampireBoy

I honestly have to say I don't think there would be a third park for Disneyland in California because they care way more about Disney World than they do any of their other parks because Disney World is the most successful park they have made so with that being said if one of their parks was going to get anything new it would be Disney World.

Sophia

Disneyland Resort already owns a piece of land that's about the size of California Adventure and it's on Harbor Blvd. They are going to NEED a third park if they want to curve the overcrowding at the resort. They've already tried raising the prices and suspending one of their annual passes. It's only a matter of time.
I had thought they ended up using that land to make the Toy Story Parking lot?

ZachTWB

Disneyland obsessed
I had thought they ended up using that land to make the Toy Story Parking lot?
There has been some talk about turning that parking lot into the third theme park. It seems as if the Mickey and Friends parking structure is a lot more popular than the Toy Story Parking lot anyway.[DOUBLEPOST=1410300918][/DOUBLEPOST]
I honestly have to say I don't think there would be a third park for Disneyland in California because they care way more about Disney World than they do any of their other parks because Disney World is the most successful park they have made so with that being said if one of their parks was going to get anything new it would be Disney World.
I'm not sure I really understand. DLR just completed a major overhaul of California Adventure in 2012 and even made California adventure a bit larger by adding Cars land.

Last edited:

Sophia

There has been some talk about turning that parking lot into the third theme park. It seems as if the Mickey and Friends parking structure is a lot more popular than the Toy Story Parking lot anyway.[DOUBLEPOST=1410300918][/DOUBLEPOST]

I'm not sure I really understand. DLR just completed a major overhaul of California Adventure in 2012 and even made California adventure a bit larger by adding Cars land.
True, I really do hope they do some sort of new park or land because that new Fantasy Faire thing is just a waste of space and so is A Bugs Life Land. Cars Land was cool and all but it's all just kiddie carnival rides and 1 actual good ride (that is never less than a 90 minute queue, mind you) I probably won't renew my pass until something new and worth it comes along.[DOUBLEPOST=1410304560][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah WDW does have more chances because there is more land space available and the land is cheaper. I still hope they do something in Europe.

They won't be adding another resort in the US, and their is barely any space to open a whole other park. They may expand the already existing parks, but will not add a new one. WDW on the other hand has plenty of space is open other parks or expand the ones they already have. People have always wanted another resort in the US, but it just simply will never happen.

With as little space as DLR has, I don't think they would add another (half attempt) park in a "parking lot" they might have plans to expand the two parks though.

A resort in the UK would seem pretty cool!

ZachTWB

Disneyland obsessed
True, I really do hope they do some sort of new park or land because that new Fantasy Faire thing is just a waste of space and so is A Bugs Life Land. Cars Land was cool and all but it's all just kiddie carnival rides and 1 actual good ride (that is never less than a 90 minute queue, mind you) I probably won't renew my pass until something new and worth it comes along.[DOUBLEPOST=1410304560][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeah WDW does have more chances because there is more land space available and the land is cheaper. I still hope they do something in Europe.
I actually really like bugs land and cars land. Disney is all about bringing you into a whole different time and place - And those two areas definitely do that for me. The Buena Vista Street portion they added to the park I think definitely made California Adventure into what a Disney park should be.

Sophia

I actually really like bugs land and cars land. Disney is all about bringing you into a whole different time and place - And those two areas definitely do that for me. The Buena Vista Street portion they added to the park I think definitely made California Adventure into what a Disney park should be.
Good point, idk I just feel DCA should have more early teens+ type of rides (like Radiator Springs and Tower of Terror) and leave the toddler rides at Disneyland. Bugs Land is very pretty but idk how I feel about waiting in line for 30 mins for a 1 minute train ride on a caterpillar.