Third Disney Theme Park?

I would argue but it's not as if has a lot of rides to give me something to go on.
Epcot isn't about the rides....Its about the atmosphere and getting to experience the different cultures. The rides it does have are very nice and very cute but you also have to think it has inoventions (best place ever) and it has the different countries to bring to the table that the other parks simply don't have. If i could only go to 1 WDW ever again i'd personally go to Epcot.

Bindingkey

Epcot isn't about the rides....Its about the atmosphere and getting to experience the different cultures. The rides it does have are very nice and very cute but you also have to think it has inoventions (best place ever) and it has the different countries to bring to the table that the other parks simply don't have. If i could only go to 1 WDW ever again i'd personally go to Epcot.
That's Epcot's appeal though. Everyone knows that the reason you go to Epcot is not for a thrill ride experience and people like it like that.

I was talking about Hollywood Studios, the one that should have a lot of rides and most people go to for a thrill ride experience. Atmosphere for parks like Hollywood Studios can only be so entertaining until it gets exhausting and dull. The only real exciting rides are ToT and Rocking Roller Coaster and Toy Story is the one that's always full. That's it. Given that, quality-wise it's not a spectacular park.

That's Epcot's appeal though. Everyone knows that the reason you go to Epcot is not for a thrill ride experience and people like it like that.

I was talking about Hollywood Studios, the one that should have a lot of rides and most people go to for a thrill ride experience. Atmosphere for parks like Hollywood Studios can only be so entertaining until it gets exhausting and dull. The only real exciting rides are ToT and Rocking Roller Coaster and Toy Story is the one that's always full. That's it. Given that, quality-wise it's not a spectacular park.
I agree with that. MGM or better known as Hollywood Studios needs more attractions and tbh it needs more "good" places to eat. The drive in is a good place to eat and so is the ABC thing but thats about it everything else is kinda "meh". As you stated it only has 3 big ticket rides. Everything else is just kinda cute. I personally like Muppet Vision as i'm a muppets fan but for the average person they would just skip that. Star Tours is cute and enjoyable if you can ride it. I have even been the rebel spy before (was totally awesome). But non the less this park doesn't have very many attractions. If it was like Animal Kingdom or Epcot where the lack of attractions is fine due to the experience (AK bc of the animals and Epcot bc of the countries) but MGM simply has no reason for there being a lack of attraction at this park. Though Fantasmic is awesome.

Bindingkey

I agree with that. MGM or better known as Hollywood Studios needs more attractions and tbh it needs more "good" places to eat. The drive in is a good place to eat and so is the ABC thing but thats about it everything else is kinda "meh". As you stated it only has 3 big ticket rides. Everything else is just kinda cute. I personally like Muppet Vision as i'm a muppets fan but for the average person they would just skip that. Star Tours is cute and enjoyable if you can ride it. I have even been the rebel spy before (was totally awesome). But non the less this park doesn't have very many attractions. If it was like Animal Kingdom or Epcot where the lack of attractions is fine due to the experience (AK bc of the animals and Epcot bc of the countries) but MGM simply has no reason for there being a lack of attraction at this park. Though Fantasmic is awesome.
Right? Like if the Avatar thing wasn't happening I'd still understand AK's lack of rides but MGM is supposed to be the second biggest park for attractions next to MK.

And personally I love Fantasmic completely and forever no matter what, but I do think it needs an update. Disneyland is always updating theirs, the least it could use is a modernization. There's new technology and there's new content to get inspired from and I really do think it would be a MUCH more beautiful show if it used the aesthetics from the newer movies or at least use older movies and develop something new using completely different technology. An Under The Sea/Part of Your World sequence, the flower sequence that blends and fades into the finale number from Pocahontas, I honestly really want stage performances of Let It Go and Friend Like Me. I also think instead of Pocahontas act it should be replaced with either Pirates of the Caribbean or Peter Pan to get the feeling of action and adventure across better.

Right? Like if the Avatar thing wasn't happening I'd still understand AK's lack of rides but MGM is supposed to be the second biggest park for attractions next to MK.

And personally I love Fantasmic completely and forever no matter what, but I do think it needs an update. Disneyland is always updating theirs, the least it could use is a modernization. There's new technology and there's new content to get inspired from and I really do think it would be a MUCH more beautiful show if it used the aesthetics from the newer movies or at least use older movies and develop something new using completely different technology. An Under The Sea/Part of Your World sequence, the flower sequence that blends and fades into the finale number from Pocahontas, I honestly really want stage performances of Let It Go and Friend Like Me. I also think instead of Pocahontas act it should be replaced with either Pirates of the Caribbean or Peter Pan to get the feeling of action and adventure across better.
I for one love the Pocahontas act and i wouldn't replace it for any of the other acts. We do not need a Frozen act in fantasmic. We have so much Frozen stuff i mean there turning Norway into Frozen. I love Frozen a lot as i finally have a princess who i look and act like (Anna) but i do think there is a limit. You shouldn't turn EVERYTHING into a Frozen attraction. Fantasmic has enough traffic to begin with. I don't feel like its needed. I do however would love to see it updated.

Bindingkey

I for one love the Pocahontas act and i wouldn't replace it for any of the other acts. We do not need a Frozen act in fantasmic. We have so much Frozen stuff i mean there turning Norway into Frozen. I love Frozen a lot as i finally have a princess who i look and act like (Anna) but i do think there is a limit. You shouldn't turn EVERYTHING into a Frozen attraction. Fantasmic has enough traffic to begin with. I don't feel like its needed. I do however would love to see it updated.
I do believe there is a limit to Frozen, which is why the most I ask for is Let It Go. Anything more is too much for me. But eventually, the Frozen event in MGM will end (obviously) and like every country in Epcot, there will be appearances in Norway but that's it. I'm sure people would make these arguments for when Little Mermaid came out.

In order to test out the technology and story and acts it'd still take a while. So I'm saying this considering it's going to take a few years until it actually happens. By that time, Frozen's hype will be pretty much tamer, leaving appreciation for the actual beauty of a Let It Go number in something like Fantasmic. I really think Let It Go blending the end of a Fantasia number would sound and look really good tbh.

I do believe there is a limit to Frozen, which is why the most I ask for is Let It Go. Anything more is too much for me. But eventually, the Frozen event in MGM will end (obviously) and like every country in Epcot, there will be appearances in Norway but that's it. I'm sure people would make these arguments for when Little Mermaid came out.

In order to test out the technology and story and acts it'd still take a while. So I'm saying this considering it's going to take a few years until it actually happens. By that time, Frozen's hype will be pretty much tamer, leaving appreciation for the actual beauty of a Let It Go number in something like Fantasmic. I really think Let It Go blending the end of a Fantasia number would sound and look really good tbh.
I just think its too much. I love Frozen don't get me wrong but we don't need it in EVERYTHING i like Fantasmic but i also want to have a seat to watch the show. Especially since we have to have weird seats for the show. Because of this we normally have to eat at Hollywood and Vine to get fastpasses so we don't have to wait in a 2 hour line and to make sure we get the seats we need. Adding Frozen would just be to much for this show. So many people go to it already we don't need an extra 500 coming in just because Elsa sings "Let it Go" i love the song but it doesn't need to be literally EVERYWHERE i honestly love the movie probably more then most but i believe Fantasmic shouldn't be changed to Frozen right now. If in 5-10 years they decide to do such it could be a different story. I just don't believe right now is the time to do such a thing.

Bindingkey

I just think its too much. I love Frozen don't get me wrong but we don't need it in EVERYTHING i like Fantasmic but i also want to have a seat to watch the show. Especially since we have to have weird seats for the show. Because of this we normally have to eat at Hollywood and Vine to get fastpasses so we don't have to wait in a 2 hour line and to make sure we get the seats we need. Adding Frozen would just be to much for this show. So many people go to it already we don't need an extra 500 coming in just because Elsa sings "Let it Go" i love the song but it doesn't need to be literally EVERYWHERE i honestly love the movie probably more then most but i believe Fantasmic shouldn't be changed to Frozen right now. If in 5-10 years they decide to do such it could be a different story. I just don't believe right now is the time to do such a thing.
Well we can disagree then. Everything in the amphitheater needs change and I just figured having these good and productive changes would be a good enough reason to push executive to actually consider doing anything for that theater. But whatever to each his/her own.

there is literally no way you could ever build a third park in DL. have you seen how developed the land around disneyland is? like literally take a look on google maps and it's astonishing how theres such dense city and smack dab out of nowhere theres a disneyland. as for florida, they have plenty of space, in fact, thats the whole reason WDW was created. walt wasnt getting any cheap land in california (hell, back in the 50's it was still developed) and he saw he could get all this otherwise useless swampland for his literal dream park, so he did it, and got it for REAL CHEAP. so, as for your dreams of having another park in disneyland, sorry folks its probably not going to happen. as for florida, yeah maybe? but i think after animal kingdom disney ran out of ideas for new parks there and expanded on other ideas - water parks, disney quest, downtown disney, and resorts. i think if anything, all of the other parks will get really big expansions (like the recent fantasyland expansion in MK) if you really wanna specualte on new stuff - EPCOT can hold a lot more showcase pavillions then it already does - i mean have you seen the space between some of the pavillions? it's astronomical. not to mention, theres an easily replacable african outpost, a world showplace events pavillion, the wonders of life pavillion, and a new ratatouille ride in DLP that can be easily translated to the France pavillion in Epcot. As for a DL in uk, i doubt it as DLP is really situated already towards english speakers mainly because of its UK visitors. I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say that Australia might be the next spot for a DL. It's far , REALLY FAR, but it's english-speaking, and disney has been rumored to be land-surveying there... so i dunno. but thats just my 2 cents.[DOUBLEPOST=1428051014][/DOUBLEPOST]
mama melroses is a very popular place to eat, although i dont care for it, i do know a lot of people that do. also, dont you dare ever smack talk 50's prime time cafe or we're going to have some problems. >:c

Last edited: