Thoughts on Sparky Hat/FAQ

CandyCars

I remember things being quite expensive in VMK. If I'm remembering correctly there were somethings costing 20K, don't remember what it was.
The most expensive item I remember was the quest kiosk ( I think it was 50k - EEK )...

There is a countdown on homepage for POTC! :) August 4th I think. Also next month will most likely be pirates month!!! YAY :D

iamabigdisfan

I did buy 2 NOT knowing 1 per account. It took my credits for the 2 and I only have 1 hat. I would like my 10,000 credits for the 2nd one returned.

Update - received message in game after sending one stating that a pop up would state one per account. Guess I just X out of it and didn't read. Thanks staff for the reply!!! Greatly Appreciated!!!!

Last edited:
Uhm, you have the opportunity right now? I know people work (So do i, 8 hours today and 9 hours tomorrow), but you can earn 10k credits in 1.5 hours. Plus, we were told to start saving a couple days in advanced.

But i am of the (minority it looks like) opinion of not liking the "one hat per account" rule. The pretty much only way for newer players to gain wealth in the game is to earn credits, buy items that they think will become rare after retirement, and wait. Something like this makes it impossible. Staff wanted to make it rare? Make it more expensive, not create a limit of purchasing it. Let supply/demand determine how many are bought, not the staff putting in place a purchasing ceiling.
I planned on buying more than 1 for a trade with a friend so I earned the credits on 1 account enough for 2. So apparently that makes me greedy to spend the grueling time to earn enough credits to earn a profit as a new player as well as help a friend out who doesn't have the time to play minigames. I really didn't appreciate a certain attitude when I chose to disagree with a popular opinion especially when I said I'd trade my hat to a friend. What's so wrong with that? I don't like the hat, and the person likes it so it's a win win.

Thanks for saying this, though because when I expressed my opinion it seemed like people viewed buying more than 1 was oh so a sign of greed. When players have used clones for rides, and past events kind of hypocritical no? I think they were just afraid offending staff, but I'm sure staff are able to handle a little disagreement because how are they suppose to receive accurate feedback if players aren't being honest. Staff know we appreciate what they do. Any actual individual thinking with a mind of his or her own is entitled to speak what's on his or her mind as a reaction even if it's to disagree. Trading is a part of the game so I don't understand why if buying more with what you earned on any account is so greedy if you save it to gain from an investment. If you can afford it, why not? More hats circulating around and may considerably be less difficult to trade for those who missed it. Yet it's already done 1 limit per account. On a positive note, the hat was nicely designed and I did appreciate how it's only available 24 hours to match the content of the hat. It's nice for those who were actually able to login got it and enjoy it :)

Bug

i think everything she did is great although i wish i could buy 2 hats because i like to buy doubles of everything
but overall i think its awesome and i LOVE the hat@

C

Celluloid

I remember things being quite expensive in VMK. If I'm remembering correctly there were somethings costing 20K, don't remember what it was.
Not often, and never with clothing AFAIK. I believe the most expensive hat was only 2000. Most were 500 or 1000. The only item I know of that was 20k was the Quest Kiosk, for so many reasons.
Quest Kiosk was 30k/20k/15k at various times.

Jal

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Overall I like how this turned out, but that's really only because of the twitter warning. I wouldn't want them to do this in the future, though. I like having one or two extra of things so I can trade them for things I want more later on, or give them to friends if they couldn't get online that day.

When POTC and HM comes out I probably won't care whether they give warning or not, because credits will be more enjoyable to get. 2hrs for 10k won't feel like torture anymore lol

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Overall I like how this turned out, but that's really only because of the twitter warning. I wouldn't want them to do this in the future, though. I like having one or two extra of things so I can trade them for things I want more later on, or give them to friends if they couldn't get online that day.

When POTC and HM comes out I probably won't care whether they give warning or not, because credits will be more enjoyable to get. 2hrs for 10k won't feel like torture anymore lol
Just pointing out, IRRC, credit payouts from POTC were pretty low in the original. Probably won't be near the credits as fw/jc

Jasmine

Just pointing out, IRRC, credit payouts from POTC were pretty low in the original. Probably won't be near the credits as fw/jc
And actually, a while ago, Amy said she intended to change the JC and FW payouts back to normal when POTC is released. I don't know if that's still happening, but I suppose it is. Credits will be even harder to earn. :(

And actually, a while ago, Amy said she intended to change the JC and FW payouts back to normal when POTC is released. I don't know if that's still happening, but I suppose it is. Credits will be even harder to earn. :(
I judge difficulty by my level of patience, LOL. Like many players, POTC and HM were the games I enjoyed and played the most, so I don't think it'll be harder in that sense. It's a huge relief, honestly. Though, given the circumstance, I think the payout/rewards need to be appropriately adjusted to MyVMK, not the original game. (*cough* increase *cough*)

Two things (I know this isn't related to Sparky, sorry!): Firstly, is it going to cost credits to play POTC? It was originally 21 to play. Secondly, if anyone recalls, you could earn a 2,000 credit bonus for every 50th win in HM and 500 credits in POTC. Will this be implemented? It would be nice. :D

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I like everything except for it only being in stores for 24 hours. I didn't know how much it would be and I didn't have the time to get the credits. I know that it's a rare item but still. I guess I should've been expecting it to be a lot haha!

Jasmine

I judge difficulty by my level of patience, LOL. Like many players, POTC and HM were the games I enjoyed and played the most, so I don't think it'll be harder in that sense. It's a huge relief, honestly. Though, given the circumstance, I think the payout/rewards need to be appropriately adjusted to MyVMK, not the original game. (*cough* increase *cough*)

Two things (I know this isn't related to Sparky, sorry!): Firstly, is it going to cost credits to play POTC? It was originally 21 to play. Secondly, if anyone recalls, you could earn a 2,000 credit bonus for every 50th win in HM and 500 credits in POTC. Will this be implemented? It would be nice. :D
For me, harder means it'll take more time to reach a certain amount of credits. Plus, I think most who are playing on a laptop (personally, I'm on a Windows 8 tablet) are gonna find it to be pretty difficult at first. POTC was my favorite, but I know that it's going to be difficult for me at first. We all know how playing the same games over and over can be tedious and eventually some people will feel that way about POTC as well as FW and JC. I totally agree that the payout should be adjusted though, but like I said I don't even know if she's still planning on doing that. Who knows? Maybe (hopefully) she changed her mind. ;)

I think you're the first to ask those questions. xD
Hopefully it doesn't cost anything, but since we're off topic, maybe a pirates FAQ thread should be started or something.

On topic - if any other item is done similar to how Sparky was, I'd definitely hope there wouldn't be a limit on the number we can purchase. I see no point in that. I'd also hope it'd only be done again once both POTC and HM are released.