Tips on Fireworks

I've played a lot of Jungle cruise. I'm not very good at fireworks though. I've been practicing? Any tips on how to get better? What is your strategy? What on earth do you d with your fingers in the last couple rounds?
Thanks so much!

ClarityG

Geggy's thread is very helpful and a great place to start in improving your Fireworks scores.

I'd say the very first step is to focus on trying to hit them flawless. When the firework turns into a white star, and right before it disappears, that's when to hit it. Don't click on a firework unless you can get flawless, because you lose the flawless bonus. Sometimes a firework will be right on top of another different firework and it will be impossible to click just one. Don't click on them. Sometimes two different ones will pop up at the same time. Pick one and get it flawless and let the other one go. Some fireworks disappear sooner than others. If you learn which kinds are faster or slower, you can figure out which ones to click first and be able to hit more fireworks.

Once you feel more confident in your ability to hit flawless, then you can start trying for combos. On levels 1 and 2, it's worth it to skip 1 firework to try for a combo, but don't try for the combo if you have to skip 2 or more - the bonus points aren't worth the points you lose from skipping fireworks. On level 3, it's worth it to skip 2 fireworks to try for a combo. On the top two levels, you can skip several fireworks to get the combo.

You should also decide whether you'd prefer to use the arrows or number pad. My scores improved significantly once I got the hang of the number pad and memorized which firework goes with which number. However, a lot of people who get the top Fireworks scores use the arrow keys. So, do whatever you feel most comfortable with.

What on earth do you d with your fingers in the last couple rounds?
I have a theory that people who can play the piano have an easier time with the fireworks game. No idea if it's accurate in any way, maybe I should put up a poll or something and find out. I can play piano, and often score in the 8000's on Fireworks. I also tend to do better when the music is turned on.

Geggy

Geggy's thread is very helpful and a great place to start in improving your Fireworks scores.

I'd say the very first step is to focus on trying to hit them flawless. When the firework turns into a white star, and right before it disappears, that's when to hit it. Don't click on a firework unless you can get flawless, because you lose the flawless bonus. Sometimes a firework will be right on top of another different firework and it will be impossible to click just one. Don't click on them. Sometimes two different ones will pop up at the same time. Pick one and get it flawless and let the other one go. Some fireworks disappear sooner than others. If you learn which kinds are faster or slower, you can figure out which ones to click first and be able to hit more fireworks.

Once you feel more confident in your ability to hit flawless, then you can start trying for combos. On levels 1 and 2, it's worth it to skip 1 firework to try for a combo, but don't try for the combo if you have to skip 2 or more - the bonus points aren't worth the points you lose from skipping fireworks. On level 3, it's worth it to skip 2 fireworks to try for a combo. On the top two levels, you can skip several fireworks to get the combo.

You should also decide whether you'd prefer to use the arrows or number pad. My scores improved significantly once I got the hang of the number pad and memorized which firework goes with which number. However, a lot of people who get the top Fireworks scores use the arrow keys. So, do whatever you feel most comfortable with.

I have a theory that people who can play the piano have an easier time with the fireworks game. No idea if it's accurate in any way, maybe I should put up a poll or something and find out. I can play piano, and often score in the 8000's on Fireworks. I also tend to do better when the music is turned on.
Wonderful post, and suggestions, Clarity!

I took 8 years of piano lessons...maybe you've got something there. ;)

Egad -- I played the organ for many years. O_o

~Days