Toontown Rewritten

real tears. the game never held my attention for more than a couple months as a kid but I still loved it and it the closing was a bummer. it's so great to see all these games being remade wow!!

I really hope this all works out with the private server. I would love to get back into Toontown. One of the main reasons why I quit was because it cost $10 a month. I'm not a huge fan of spending money on a virtual game. Learned that lesson the hard way by playing Maplestory. I wasted so much money on that game. :c
I know, right? MapleStory was fun, but people treated you weird if you weren't NX. It was so stupid.

Lost

real tears. the game never held my attention for more than a couple months as a kid but I still loved it and it the closing was a bummer. it's so great to see all these games being remade wow!!
Same thoughts exactly. Can't wait to play a bunch of childhood games from scratch along with others again.

This is not a recreation unlike what the title says, it's just a reopening using a new server. There's plenty they could improve, I mean, a lot. But it doesn't look like they are.

Seeing as I run the largest wiki for the game, which still has a lot of holes in its info, this is exciting for me to see. I tried decompiling the machine code in Toontown.exe but that was an epic fail. I'll mostly be digging up data from this new server if I can.

Toontown Rewritten is the name of the project, that's why I named the thread that :)

Awesome news! (:
I'd hate to have to restart from 15 after 10 years of work, but oh well.
Yeah, which is why I would like a few subtle changes, like fewer cashbot buildings to defeat in DDL. (Maybe some field offices to make them more useful?) And more laff points for Cog HQ milestones to make it more worth it.

Seriously, 3 laff points for getting a rubber tube from a Penny Pincher is not the same as getting to level 30 on a cog suit which gives the same reward.

Like how about 1 2 3 4 5 laff points for Sellbot. 2 3 4 5 6 for Cashbot 3 4 5 6 7 for Lawbot 4 5 6 7 8 for Bossbot? That would raise the laff limit by a lot but I think it'll be totally worth it. It'll make soloing some things easier too.

Thought someone would do this(:
I love the idea.
When Disney is done with a game, they just throw it away.
People still will play it, so I'm glad to see so many players being interested in re working it.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
So they're remaking Toontown because it closed? Is there going to be a membership fee like there was with Toontown? :/ because that was the reason I stopped playing Toontown once my free trial was up.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
So they're remaking Toontown because it closed? Is there going to be a membership fee like there was with Toontown? :/ because that was the reason I stopped playing Toontown once my free trial was up.
Probably not. Copyright issues if they do charge.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Probably not. Copyright issues if they do charge.
That's what I was thinking, but I always like to double check. :) thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to bump an old thread, but a video testing the first version of TTR was released.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QzlgA1uy6I)

Seems to me that free chat, movement, character info, some maps, most of the shticker book, speedchat and emotions are working thus far.

This reminded me why I loved ToonTown, but my parents were never down for paying for games. Especially online games.