Unexpected rares on sales?

AthleticAisha

Two-minute sales are verrrry short. Especially with the amount of traffic it attracts. On OVMK I was online when the stitch hats were announced to be on sale, and it took forever for my shop to load. I think all items should be on sale for a minimum of a couple of hours.

eevee said:
I could be wrong, but I think I remember VMK having a calendar of events that would happen each month, and during October when lots of costumes were released, they would list the dates that certain costumes would be available on. That's something that MMK could use, it would benefit the staff by knowing when exactly to release what items, to avoid chaos like what happened in OVMK, and it would allow users to know when something is coming out.
I don't like knowing what is going to be for sale the coming week. As Geggy mentioned, sometime they teased us with a few items that would be for sale soon but usually had a lot more than just those. I liked the excitement of logging in and running to the shops to see what surprises awaited me in the specials.

In VMK, most items became rare after they had been released for quite some time and demand exceeded supply. The exception was items you needed codes for like Stitch, Sparrow, Pirate Q. The economy for these would normally evolve into "rare" over time. As I remember everything released for a week then some things never came back, others did. Stitch and Beta items were the only things that was out of reach for most ppl just trading to get them. I had fun trading to get things, Pirate Q, Quest machines, etc to get rare items, and magic pins.

Nothing should be rare to begin with! Release them for a week or whatever then decide if they will be released again or not. 1 hour, 1 day etc will just cause drama.....

Monorail

MagicMaroonMorning said:
Do you think that should be a thing? Where an item is on sale for 2 minutes and then taken away? Or should items be told ahead of time so that we can have a fair chance?
I think they should be pre-announced in a way that allows for a bit of "competition." Like I'm really not about "Okay guys, we're releasing (a), (b), and (c) on x/x/xx at xx:xx, so go buy it.
I think these ideas make it a little more interesting:
-Announce that certain amount will be given
-Announce a time span, but no specifics (assuming its out for at least one full day)

Just some other ideas I've come up with:
-"Mystery Buys," where a collection is announced, but only in "packs," where you get a random item from the collection, that way, they can make the odds of receiving a certain item higher or lower than others.
-Quest-type things (Wouldn't it be cool if you had to buy a shovel at like Ned's and dig throughout the Kingdom to find a special release?)

The possibilities (while keeping it fare and fun) are endless.

disneyfacts

From what I remember, nothing on VMK was released for less than a day (unless it was a mistake, as I've read with the Hong Kong DL T-shirt). I do think we should have a calender for most releases, but some should be somewhat unannounced (such as an item is announced, but not specified which item).

Monorail said:
Just some other ideas I've come up with:
-"Mystery Buys," where a collection is announced, but only in "packs," where you get a random item from the collection, that way, they can make the odds of receiving a certain item higher or lower than others.
-Quest-type things (Wouldn't it be cool if you had to buy a shovel at like Ned's and dig throughout the Kingdom to find a special release?)

The possibilities (while keeping it fare and fun) are endless.[/

I love the Mystery Buys idea. It would be a great way to release some of the older stuff that may be difficult to release otherwise. We did have a Treasure Detector Magic as well, it was a lot like your shovel idea (which was really fun).

Wouldn't it be easier to do it like vmk? @_@
Have most things begin sale on Friday and be taken off by Sunday night.
It's FOOL PROOF. Less people have stuff to do on the weekends and that way it will minimize the chance of error

Kiki

Acey said:
It's FOOL PROOF. Less people have stuff to do on the weekends and that way it will minimize the chance of error
I agree with this, also I'm sure you'll be able to get rare items from host games and events :)
Lets have fair rares :)

Acey said:
This would be the best way to release things IMO, with occasional 1 day specials for holidays, ranging from things we expect, like Christmas, to one that are more obscure, and less people would think of. But never release anything for less than a full day.

QueenClarion

It is almost always best to make a special item "attainable", for a limited time.

However, everyone on-line for 2 minutes is certainly unreasonable.

"Attainable" needs to be meant for the entire data-base of fans and/or subscriptions. Then after all have access to purchasing or winning, the limited item can be removed. One week in this case may be too much, but 2 or 3 days seems ideal.

Krista said:
Well, again, thinking about the fairness, I think items should be in the shops for a minimum of a day, preannounced as well. That way, people from other timezones can have a chance to get the item, and even if they have school/work/other important events, they will still have a chance to obtain the item.
Nah. No pre-announcing other than hints that items are coming. That's not needed if people have day. If you have friends, you can always let them know you will be away so they pick items up for you.

Lost

Kevin said:
That will not be happening this time.
Sounds good. I wouldn't be opposed to items being on sale for a day or a week. Such as VMK had weekly pins. Also releasing items for a short amount of time could work as long as it wouldn't be too short, obviously such items aren't meant for everyone in the kingdom to have 20+ but also shouldn't be impossible for people to even see. It would be nice to have some items hold value this way to gain an economy for trading for 2 minute or even 30 minute sales don't dit well with me.