Unexpected rares on sales?

Do you think that should be a thing? Where an item is on sale for 2 minutes and then taken away? Or should items be told ahead of time so that we can have a fair chance?

I think that they should be pre-announced. A few minute sale like that would cause so much traffic and distress. The timing would upset so many people due to their schedules, and I think it would just result in conflict.

alice-darling

Probably Smells Like Avocados
Glitter said:
I think that they should be pre-announced. A few minute sale like that would cause so much traffic and distress. The timing would upset so many people due to their schedules, and I think it would just result in conflict.
Perfectly stated!

TheLittleMermaid said:
Few minutes is a little extreme. Maybe they could do like an hour in the morning and an hour at night so the people who missed it have a second chance.
I agree :)

I think unannounced rares on sale is okay, as long as it's for a somewhat extended period of time. 10-24 hours perhaps? That way, people do have some time to earn credits for it, or buy it when they come home after school or work or whatever. 2 mins (or really any duration shorter than about 5 or so hours) is just ridiculous.

But I'm not against all rares being announced beforehand, it's just that if it isn't announced, it should be up for a reasonable amount of time.

eevee said:
I think unannounced rares on sale is okay, as long as it's for a somewhat extended period of time. 10-24 hours perhaps? That way, people do have some time to earn credits for it, or buy it when they come home after school or work or whatever. 2 mins (or really any duration shorter than about 5 or so hours) is just ridiculous.

But I'm not against all rares being announced beforehand, it's just that if it isn't announced, it should be up for a reasonable amount of time.
I agree with this. A 24 - 48 hour period would be pretty reasonable.

Shrimp

2 minutes is unrealistic. It takes some people over 5 minutes to be able to login. Therefore the sales should be AT LEAST 10 minutes long.

Grant

Get high through the lows
It should be on sale for at least a day.
Some of the people who joined probably won't be on on said day & more and more people will join in the future.

Shrimp

Grant said:
It should be at least a day.
Some of the people who joined probably won't be on on said day & more and more people will join in the future.
We need to have a talk. Every time I see your name I'm like "Grace" made an account on here?! I then start laughing.

At least 1 day to allow people to purchase. Holiday pins use to become pretty rare remember? They were only available for a day. Unexpected sales upset too many people. It would be nice to have a drama free kingdom. A lot of us just want to be with our friends again and build cool rooms but are upset if we think we missed out on something because we weren't given notice. I'd like to be able to play vmk without feeling i have to be at the computer 24/7 so I don't miss any rare giveaway which is what last week ended up being like.

Grant

Get high through the lows
Shrimp said:
We need to have a talk. Every time I see your name I'm like "Grace" made an account on here?! I then start laughing.
Haha. You're the first person to mistakenly see my name as 'Grace's. :D

Can people stop obsessing over the rares? At the beginning of VMK there was virtually no rares, over time most item's gained and lost value through them being released and re-released in shops. True rares were only obtained in-park through quests or by purchasing trading cards and despite people thinking these methods can be used again it is completely impractical for a game not actually run by Disney as they do not have the resources. Because of this most things will have to be sold in the store at some point, no matter how many people complain.

People need to stop with their elitist attitude's and get over the fact that with a VMK retro both what is defined as rare and the definition of rare itself will change because everything will have to be much easier to obtain.

Champ

Glitter said:
If every rare item is pre-announced then there will be no truly rare items because everyone will buy it if they think it's going to be rare.

cheeringmuffin said:
Can people stop obsessing over the rares? At the beginning of VMK there was virtually no rares, over time most item's gained and lost value through them being released and re-released in shops. True rares were only obtained in-park through quests or by purchasing trading cards and despite people thinking these methods can be used again it is completely impractical for a game not actually run by Disney as they do not have the resources. Because of this most things will have to be sold in the store at some point, no matter how many people complain.

People need to stop with their elitist attitude's and get over the fact that with a VMK retro both what is defined as rare and the definition of rare itself will change because everything will have to be much easier to obtain.
TRUTH! I'd much rather have my vmk friends to hang out with than worry about how items are going to become rare. Look what happened? Everyone stressed over rare items but they're all gone and we don't have any place to call home at the moment.

Squid

Prescheduled and released for at least a day so people have the opportunity to get it and the credits needed if necessary. It created too much drama and I don't think that kind of atmosphere is needed here. Also, I don't think it's really fair for staff to give away items to people freely. Although Amy said she didn't know the people personally, and I believe her, I didn't think this was fair to everyone unless they had a host event that they got the item from. It also gave unneeded anxiety for the traders who didn't have sufficient items to trade for it since there were only limited number of items released in the first week.
So all in all, I think it should be announced and longer than 2 minutes and no giving of items freely by staff to players.

EDIT: maybe not a pre announced release of a rare, maybe just the announcing of an item and let the economy take hold and let the item gain or lose value naturally. I also liked the fact that oVMK addressed that they were not going to have the same rares in the game as VMK as that would be too predictable.

I could be wrong, but I think I remember VMK having a calendar of events that would happen each month, and during October when lots of costumes were released, they would list the dates that certain costumes would be available on. That's something that MMK could use, it would benefit the staff by knowing when exactly to release what items, to avoid chaos like what happened in OVMK, and it would allow users to know when something is coming out.

If a player won't be able to get on during the day that item is released, they could set something up with a friend and have that person get it for them, and they could pay them back later.

Geggy

eevee said:
I could be wrong, but I think I remember VMK having a calendar of events that would happen each month, and during October when lots of costumes were released, they would list the dates that certain costumes would be available on. That's something that MMK could use, it would benefit the staff by knowing when exactly to release what items, to avoid chaos like what happened in OVMK, and it would allow users to know when something is coming out.

If a player won't be able to get on during the day that item is released, they could set something up with a friend and have that person get it for them, and they could pay them back later.
They did have a calendar with events and also listed (teased) a number of releases. However, they often released more than what they teased, so most people had to figure out a way to pay for even more than what they were planning.

If a really big item was being released, or retired, they would occasionally announce/tease that...but that wasn't the norm.