User-created items

SplitLevelHead said:
This concept really appeals to me, as I design other virtual clothing. I certainly hope there will be templates?
I would hope too~ otherwise it's gonna be a fuuuun time taking screen caps =.=

Soooo using the bases from several of your avatars (and Amy's), I've been testing out in photoshop how to make clothes from scratch - with minimal tracing in the case of the jeans, and I think I've gotten a method down for making them look good! These are still my learning stages but do any of you have recommendations for making modern items? If we get to eventually create and vote on user-submitted items in the future, should we be restricted to classic Disney or would we branch out into the realms of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Marvel?

i'm still planning on implementing my steam workshop clone idea for the game, meaning people will be able to go to the website and submit content they've created. Users will be able to post comments and vote for what they want to see in the game. The stuff that gets the most votes (after staff approval) will be put into the game. People who get their item into the game will receive a special (non-tradeable) creators version of the game, a special content creators pin and possiblymore. That hasn't been decided yet.
great ideas

Soooo using the bases from several of your avatars (and Amy's), I've been testing out in photoshop how to make clothes from scratch - with minimal tracing in the case of the jeans, and I think I've gotten a method down for making them look good! These are still my learning stages but do any of you have recommendations for making modern items? If we get to eventually create and vote on user-submitted items in the future, should we be restricted to classic Disney or would we branch out into the realms of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Marvel?
Definitley branch out to Star Wars, marvel, etc. as Star Wars and marvel is now owned by disney.

HEY! When did you tale off my clothes?! I don't remember this! I feel dirty!

Anything goes that Disney puts significant marketing focus on IMO. We had Pixar items after all.