VMK at Night

Fiyero

It won't be hard to do, there already is a system that does holiday rooms. It's pretty much the same room except with a different theme (which could be done on the client's side without any messing with the server I believe). It can be optional, toggled with a setting so that people who want to see it could flip it on and others could ignore it.

And if you think about it, the rooms that show a lot of daylight would work well at night.

Main street, the Esplanade, Storybookland (my dad says that ride is the best at night irl), some Fantasyland areas with the castle lit up. I don't see a big issue.
I's not quite like holiday rooms. Holiday rooms are changed once in the game code when the holiday season starts and are then changed after the conclusion for every single player. This is done by updating the game when you log on, and you can't opt out of the system.

The way you are suggesting, if I understand correctly, is that they would be changed every single night or so by every character individually at their appropriated time, and you would expect it to be done without exiting the game, but just as you hit that time and until it becomes day again in the certain time zone of the character. That would most likely be way too hard/server and client taxing of an idea to implement.

I do really love the idea, but it would be much more of a pain than any benefit.

I suppose they could add a property to each area like "theme" with its default id of 0 which would make it normal. But either the server or client can set it to 1 which will download whatever resources it needs to display the new theme. I'm a programmer (not with Shockwave) but I think I could do it.

I think that having public rooms change depending on the time of day would be cool and something different! Music would be nice as well.

Some sort of Night time/life concept is a very good idea. Being able to see the castle lite up at night and mainstreet would make the experience more magical.
As for Nightlife related activities, if someone could recreate "pleasure island" perhaps using the same idea as the dancing area in the orginal game and some Pinocchio stuff?

idk

I think it'd be pretty cool. I prefer being in the dark so I'd feel more at home, but it'll probably be too difficult for them to follow through with on top of everything else.

Actually, I really like that idea. It'd be cool to walk around MyVMK when it's light and dark. Maybe like you said, depending on said person's time zone!

Jasmine

I think it's a great idea. I'd feel like I was a Kingdom Keeper or something :P.