VMK players leaving or not playing

Monorail

My activity level in game has dropped because of how uninviting the community is, the level of greed and "need" to have every valuable item and a lot of it, as well as the people in staff positions atm. It's hard to earn credits to afford new items unless you spend all your game time playing fireworks. I want to get on to talk with friends and interact with people inside the game, not no-life fireworks for an hour before I have to get off and get back to my life. I realize that the game is still in beta and there are a lot of kinks yet to be worked out, but with the way the game is now it's not as interesting/inviting as it used to be. I see favoritism among staff, ridiculously priced items, and an unenjoyable community of people. Although I am forever grateful for what Amy has done in recreating my favorite childhood game, part of me wishes the game had never been reopened like this. My childhood memories are being tainted.
1. Where do you see favoritism among staff? No one is treated differently than others as far as I'm concerned, at least on purpose. I think having friends is sometimes mistaken as "favoritism."

2. Where do you see ridiculously priced items? I believe all items are priced the same as VMK had then priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Kirllan

Forever Noob!
I have unofficially quit MyVMK due to some obvious reasons -

1. I have seen so much chaos in this game over

useless issues and items
2. I see kids around 8-12 having difficulties with some of the politics on the game.

Some might

not see my way because some of you are kids and I am an adult. I have looked carefully and seen that the figure of

speech 'You can never go home' applies to VMK.

5 years or so ago we all had a sudden halt in our life which

stunned some and gave some a pause. My entire family played VMK and had a lot of fun making rooms together and

going to the parks for in-park items on VMK. Me and my wife got together with my kids as well as some other friends

who had kids play VMK back then and we all came to an agreement that this MyVMK is complicated. We agreed that

the magic is not in the VMK application but that Disney ran the application. Amy and Co. will never put the Disney

magic into the game that VMK used to have because Amy and Co. is not Disney. As a parent and friends of many

other parents here locally I was concerned and my concerns are valid that this might not be a safe virtual atmosphere

for kids to enjoy themselves. Both my sons have tried it and even came to the conclusion that it lacks that Disney

Magic that the old VMK had and made their own decision not to play. I keep hearing about making a new VMK -

MyVMK. Ya know, since VMK closed it's virtual gates all I ever seen on other VMK based forums is how sad

everyone was that VMK is gone and how mad they were that Disney smashed their dreams and now Amy and Co.

has the chance to bring that magic back and now it seems this is not going to be like the old VMK. This MyVMK is no

better than VFK which I quit no more than a month ago. I miss the VMK which brought Disney into our homes but this

is not even close. I know everyone is saying, 'it is still Beta, give it time'. That is not my problem but what is my

problem is 'You can never go home'.

I usually test virtual games that just came out for many of my clients at my

business. Many of them do not know about this MyVMK yet and because of lack of advertising won't know otherwise.

I have had a couple of customers ask me about this and I advised them I am not a big fan of MyVMK and will tell other

clients as such too. I apologize if this offends anyone but that is my opinion based upon my experiences on MyVMK

as Amy and Co. has put so much effort into development but so little into what made VMK awesome. Thanks

Emelon

1. Where do you see favoritism among staff? No one is treated differently than others as far as I'm concerned, at least on purpose. I think having friends is sometimes mistaken as "favoritism."

2. Where do you see ridiculously priced items? I believe all items are priced the same as VMK had then priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I'm not sure if it's favoritism per say or just inconsistencies and carelessness on behalf of staff. I've had friends banned for ridiculous reasons and then others who probably should have been banned, overlooked. One person in particular I can think of has been consistently rude and disrespectful across the forums without any disciplinary action taking place, yet others are banned for drastically milder offences. I know from being in and around this community for quite some time, who is (even slightly) closer to staff than others and I see them being cut breaks all the time. I don't mistake staff interacting with members as "favoritism", although I do think that plays it's own part in favoritism in the future, as far as punishment and moderation goes.

The fact that items are being priced the way they were in VMK is something that I consider ridiculous. Like I said in my last post, the only real way to be able to afford these items is to spend a great amount of time playing fireworks. Fireworks is not the best game for interacting with friends. It is a very isolated game meant for one player. In a game where social interaction is a huge part, it is completely ridiculous to me that the only way to earn credits is through playing a game that, for the most part, restricts social interaction. This coupled with the need to have every item that is released in order to potentially possess the items you missed out on while playing the real VMK, one is hardly left with much of a choice. When logging in you are faced with a decision: should I play Fireworks for a few hours and buy the items I want because I will look like a noob without them, or should I attempt to interact with a community whose general population is either consumed with earning credits by playing fireworks themselves, or for the most part hostile and uninviting?

Luc401

I like any game that involves a economy , i dont really care about happy mickey mouse , i need economy , the game and graphics and every can be horrible, i play for the economy , this game has a great economy , money always getting sucked out , new items coming in weekly that are not too cheap, perfect , cant make every one happy

I'm not sure if it's favoritism per say or just inconsistencies and carelessness on behalf of staff. I've had friends banned for ridiculous reasons and then others who probably should have been banned, overlooked. One person in particular I can think of has been consistently rude and disrespectful across the forums without any disciplinary action taking place, yet others are banned for drastically milder offences. I know from being in and around this community for quite some time, who is (even slightly) closer to staff than others and I see them being cut breaks all the time. I don't mistake staff interacting with members as "favoritism", although I do think that plays it's own part in favoritism in the future, as far as punishment and moderation goes.

The fact that items are being priced the way they were in VMK is something that I consider ridiculous. Like I said in my last post, the only real way to be able to afford these items is to spend a great amount of time playing fireworks. Fireworks is not the best game for interacting with friends. It is a very isolated game meant for one player. In a game where social interaction is a huge part, it is completely ridiculous to me that the only way to earn credits is through playing a game that, for the most part, restricts social interaction. This coupled with the need to have every item that is released in order to potentially possess the items you missed out on while playing the real VMK, one is hardly left with much of a choice. When logging in you are faced with a decision: should I play Fireworks for a few hours and buy the items I want because I will look like a noob without them, or should I attempt to interact with a community whose general population is either consumed with earning credits by playing fireworks themselves, or for the most part hostile and uninviting?
I can understand your viewpoint a little bit, but I believe you just haven't interacted with the right people yet. In every game, you are bound to find people who are uninviting, especially when they're in a tight clique. One reason I can manage to confirm for these unfortunate mishaps is since the game is only a number of weeks old, the majority of players are frequently trying to grasp every valuable item they can, and this also includes the desire of possessing a plethora of credits. Why? Because people want to be rich in MyVMK, especially if they were unable to experience such an abundance of fortune in the original VMK (which I don't understand why people yearn for that wealth.) Users want to have a lot of items to either reassure themselves, earn "bragging rights", or to place themselves higher than others. But a lot of the time, we really just want to have a full inventory for the pleasure of it. This also pertains to the people who enjoy getting deeply involved with the trading/building aspect of the game.

About the moderation thing - I do concur that they have overlooked serious situations, and we may never understand why. Once a full moderation team is developed, hopefully things will run smoothly from that point on. However, I don't think any "favoritism" is occurring, especially when the staff are aware of the previous incidents that took place in oVMK involving favoritism, and they best know to veer away from that negative direction.

I have unofficially quit MyVMK due to some obvious reasons -

1. I have seen so much chaos in this game over

useless issues and items
2. I see kids around 8-12 having difficulties with some of the politics on the game.

Some might

not see my way because some of you are kids and I am an adult. I have looked carefully and seen that the figure of

speech 'You can never go home' applies to VMK.

5 years or so ago we all had a sudden halt in our life which

stunned some and gave some a pause. My entire family played VMK and had a lot of fun making rooms together and

going to the parks for in-park items on VMK. Me and my wife got together with my kids as well as some other friends

who had kids play VMK back then and we all came to an agreement that this MyVMK is complicated. We agreed that

the magic is not in the VMK application but that Disney ran the application. Amy and Co. will never put the Disney

magic into the game that VMK used to have because Amy and Co. is not Disney. As a parent and friends of many

other parents here locally I was concerned and my concerns are valid that this might not be a safe virtual atmosphere

for kids to enjoy themselves. Both my sons have tried it and even came to the conclusion that it lacks that Disney

Magic that the old VMK had and made their own decision not to play. I keep hearing about making a new VMK -

MyVMK. Ya know, since VMK closed it's virtual gates all I ever seen on other VMK based forums is how sad

everyone was that VMK is gone and how mad they were that Disney smashed their dreams and now Amy and Co.

has the chance to bring that magic back and now it seems this is not going to be like the old VMK. This MyVMK is no

better than VFK which I quit no more than a month ago. I miss the VMK which brought Disney into our homes but this

is not even close. I know everyone is saying, 'it is still Beta, give it time'. That is not my problem but what is my

problem is 'You can never go home'.

I usually test virtual games that just came out for many of my clients at my

business. Many of them do not know about this MyVMK yet and because of lack of advertising won't know otherwise.

I have had a couple of customers ask me about this and I advised them I am not a big fan of MyVMK and will tell other

clients as such too. I apologize if this offends anyone but that is my opinion based upon my experiences on MyVMK

as Amy and Co. has put so much effort into development but so little into what made VMK awesome. Thanks
Not even going to bother reading that. You're gauging the state of a game when it's in its earliest stage... way to make a judgement. LOL

See ya.

The main reason why I come on to VMK less is because I have other priorities in my life. When I come on to VMK I feel bombarded with items that I have to continuously need to play fireworks, over and over again, to get. I think the amount of stuff being released is fine. The only problem is that in order to get the stuff you must play many games of fireworks. I feel that raising just enough money for a single item already has me exhausted by the end. I want to enjoy my friends and such more, and buy furniture to build rooms. Trying to raise money for Tuesdays items, only allows me to do that. If I don't play the fireworks I feel bad because I missed out on an item. It almost feels like an obligation, or a chore. I feel the need to have to choose between playing fireworks and socializing. If items could either be cheaper, or if fireworks would allow us more points, it would help the problem. LOL, heck, a "VMK Stimulus package" might help. Like a 1,000 credits each day just for logging in until new games are in place. The amount of credits that we need to raise is wearing us out. IMO.

The main reason why I come on to VMK less is because I have other priorities in my life. When I come on to VMK I feel bombarded with items that I have to continuously need to play fireworks, over and over again, to get. I think the amount of stuff being released is fine. The only problem is that in order to get the stuff you must play many games of fireworks. I feel that raising just enough money for a single item already has me exhausted by the end. I want to enjoy my friends and such more, and buy furniture to build rooms. Trying to raise money for Tuesdays items, only allows me to do that. If I don't play the fireworks I feel bad because I missed out on an item. It almost feels like an obligation, or a chore. I feel the need to have to choose between playing fireworks and socializing. If items could either be cheaper, or if fireworks would allow us more points, it would help the problem. LOL, heck, a "VMK Stimulus package" might help. Like a 1,000 credits each day just for logging in until new games are in place. The amount of credits that we need to raise is wearing us out. IMO.
If players were given 1k credits a day, then everyone would start cloning again; then it would lead up to people getting heaps of credits which would just worsen the economy and whatnot, and we really don't need that again. However I do understand how you feel - if you are able to participate in Host events and earn a prize, then you can use that as a valuable trading item. Once more minigames are released, instead of Fireworks, I assure you that you'll be able to get more credits then. :)

Emelon

If players were given 1k credits a day, then everyone would start cloning again; then it would lead up to people getting heaps of credits which would just worsen the economy and whatnot, and we really don't need that again. However I do understand how you feel - if you are able to participate in Host events and earn a prize, then you can use that as a valuable trading item. Once more minigames are released, instead of Fireworks, I assure you that you'll be able to get more credits then. :)
If people getting heaps of credits is what ruined the economy, then the shell game did that not people cloning.

Well, I just read most of this thread, even the person complaining about Disney not running it. I used to love Disney, but I have been on strike ever since they closed VMK, and will continue to be. No Disney magic in MyVMK, is fine with me, but is there none? Of course there is a little bit, its the same virtual world you used to play in. My thing was, I was in my own world in the old VMK and in this one as well, so little effects me that seems to bother some of you.

Here is what I really wanted to say though, about the original post. I appreciate everything that Amy and the entire staff have done here, you will never know what a blessing it is for me. Funny thing is, you wont see me online that much, but I do get on the game everyday. Oddly, I have about 50 people from back in the old days, that are very excited about MyVMK, they signed up, friended up, and hung out a couple of days. Then they said the same thing basically to me, "I am very busy with life and all, let me know when they release POTC, I will make time for that." So we each have our wishes for MyVMK to be completed, and I would say it will be finished in time, then it will resemble old VMK (unless you need Disney running it).

Until then, I will be thankful and make the best of what it is now, tomorrow and until its complete. Yet I think we will all take much pleasure, in seeing what you want in MyVMK, when it is all there.