WDW or DLR?

WDW or DLR

• WDW

Votes: 63 79.7%
  • DLR

Votes: 16 20.3%

• Total voters
Which do you prefer? I've only been to WDW, but from what I can tell, WDW is significantly bigger. I also enjoy the variety of on-site hotels.

I have been to WDW about 8 times in my life and recently got to visit DLR.

I was super excited to go to DLR, but extremely let down by it in comparison to WDW.
WDW has a bigger castle and the whole boat ride in just makes the experience even more magical :halcyon:

It probably didn't help that Big Thunder Mountain and Matterhorn were closed when I went to DLR :angry:

However, I finally got to purchase my Minnie Ears in DLR and had a wonderful day with some very good friends.
How could I not enjoy it anyway? It's Disney after all!

I've yet to go to DLR, but my boyfriend and I are planning a trip for this October.

I've grown up with WDW and have been on many day trips. There are times when it's magical, but it's not really as much anymore.

I'm looking forward to DLR a lot because it's Walt's park, he helped create many rides and he actually stepped foot in the park. I'm really excited.

So for now, my vote is WDW, but I feel like it'll probably end up changing. :) From just viewing YouTube videos, a lot of things seem a lot better at DLR.

Forever WDW! It was what I grew up with, and it offers something for everyone of all ages. There's a million things to do in & outside the Parks which still keeps me entertained despite visiting countless times. What's not to love about it? I feel this is not the case at DLR.

This may not be the place to rant, but I haven't had a chance to get it out yet. I'd like to share in case it helps anyone. (:
(I hope not to offend anyone)

Almost everyone I know who prefers DLR over WDW has either never been to WDW or grew up with DL and sees it as the "mother park". As excited as I was to finally get to visit, I was vastly disappointed. Everything was very kiddie and local-oriented. It's not a tourist destination like WDW is. Everyone assumed we were local and knew what we were doing. Most CMs got an attitude when we asked for help. The Grand Californian was a boring version of Wilderness Lodge and we were NOT treated like DVC members. We got ants in the car IN the resort parking lot but everyone denied it and said "we don't get ants". ...Uh, you don't get ants? Yeah, OK. We finally got to talk to a manager, but instead of taking care of the actual pest problem, he just gave us meal tickets (which we totally used at Steakhouse 55. /no shame). Front desk was rude as could be and the vending machines kept breaking down. They wanted us to PAY for room service to get beverages. Very bad service compared to my experiences at WDW. :/

The Nightmare Before Christmas HM & Indiana Jones was the best parts of Disneyland. Cars Land was AMAZING and the only thing worth doing in California Adventure, imo. CA was worse than Hollywood Studios. So much wasted space! World of Color didn't live up to my hopes and no one was wearing the GwtS ears, anyway. The talent was pretty bad and we nearly walked out of the Aladdin show (something I've never done) until Genie came in and saved it. There were few moments where I was actually enjoying myself. I mean, part of my bad experience was getting a bad stomach flu on our last night. I know it wasn't their fault, but it was the cherry on top of all the drama. We decided to go to DL the day we were leaving to do anything we missed after I got sick (I was still feeling awful). We were told we couldn't use our passes because it was a Halloween party night. We used those VERY same passes on a party night before and didn't have a problem. After tears and debate, we finally got some other passes we could use. I cried leaving the resort because I was so upset over everything. It was going to be our crown jewel to our month-long road trip (especially after the government shutdown ordeal) and it did not live up to my expectations. At all.

I don't know that I'll ever feel the need to go again. You locals enjoy your itsy bitsy park, and I'll stick with WDW. *praying for Cars Land*

One positive note, however, is that I finally got my pickle. It was delicious. :rainbow: The pickles at the new snack cart in MK just don't compare.

---

It probably didn't help that Big Thunder Mountain and Matterhorn were closed when I went to DLR :angry:!
It was closed when I was there in October. :o It made the park feel very small having the area closed off.

I've yet to go to DLR, but my boyfriend and I are planning a trip for this October.

I've grown up with WDW and have been on many day trips. There are times when it's magical, but it's not really as much anymore.

I'm looking forward to DLR a lot because it's Walt's park, he helped create many rides and he actually stepped foot in the park. I'm really excited.

So for now, my vote is WDW, but I feel like it'll probably end up changing. :) From just viewing YouTube videos, a lot of things seem a lot better at DLR.
This is exactly how I felt. ): I truly hope you have an amazing time.

Poptart

As much as I love DLR's pink castle (and peter pan casting!) I pretty much LIVE on WDW's property (central florida bound) and couldn't see it any other way <3

DLR totally. When I went to WDW for the first time, I thought it was too big for its own good. Too many parks with too much space with too little rides to fill them (and somehow still way more crowded than Disneyland). DLR just seems more accessible with a lot more stuff to do.

also the park in California is a lot cleaner than Florida's and the staff are nicer

Plus Disneyland has that original magic thing going for it. And the Alice in Wonderland ride doesn't hurt either. ;)

So yeah. Disneyland > Magic Kingdom (Definitely) & DLR > WDW. (For me, anyway :P).

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Disneyland. The original parks. Less crowded than the World IMO (DW was crazy in June 2013, obviously). I also used to have a Annual pass to Disneyland when I lived in California, so I'm biased.

Yeah, there are way too many locals that go there everyday.
It's like Mommy Play Date Land. @_@ I suppose their mommies took them to Disney every day, and now they take their kids like it's a playground. The lines for the Storybook Boats and Nemo were over an hour while the thrill rides weren't too difficult to get on. Local strollers EVERYWHERE...kept trippin' over them. It was a really weird vibe compared to WDW.

I also couldn't believe all of the "hipster" Ariel t-shirts (don't know the exact name) teens were wearing. I probably counted over a dozen. o.o
I have yet to see one here.

ClarityG

DLR totally. When I went to WDW for the first time, I thought it was too big for its own good. Too many parks with too much space with too little rides to fill them
Saved me some typing, although it looks like we're in the minority here. My sister said that the Magic Kingdom was like "the Costco version of Disneyland". It seems built for much higher capacity crowds than Disneyland, but with that comes the loss of some of the charm.

I was very disappointed when I rode Pirates at WDW. Instead of feeling like I went through a bayou and down into a pirate cave and through a village, I felt like I went around in a circle and looked at some pirate decorations. They also totally ruined the Enchanted Tiki Room. WDW does have a better Jungle Cruise, and they didn't ruin the Swiss Family Treehouse like Disneyland did. Also, I didn't get to see Epcot or Hollywood Studios, so there was probably a lot of cool stuff I missed at WDW.

Based on what i've read so far, I think the decision is based on if they went to that park as a child or not.
Just something about childhood memories that are oh-so comforting.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
I prefer DLR.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE WDW, but there's something about the original that I like better c;

I went to WDW last March, DLR last April, and am going back to DLR in a month :D