Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Amy,
First of all I would like to thank you for you initial efforts in resurecting this great game.
Hopefully the hiccup we just experienced is the end of it and MMK can move forward smoothly.
I don't really know all the facts behind the events that occurred with OpenVMK, but looking at what you have accomplished in programming a working MMO I have to tip my hat to you.
I see posts from fans with recommendations to have a more mature management team, and thoroughly agree with this. The original Disney game not only had mature management, but also language filters and an organized format. If you can incorporate this your game it will be golden. While it is true mature users do not need language filters, they are needed to protect the younger players, and hopefully this is something you have in mind.
That being said, if you would like my assist in the way of a community leader to help with monitoring the game, please feel free to contact me.
As an author of the Disney themed Hidden Mickey and Hidden Mickey Adventures novels and game books, I love almost everything Disney, and when the original VMK came online I jumped at the opportunity to bring Disney joy to my grandkids. Having been in the original VMK game since it's inception I think I have a good handle on what it takes to keep the kingdom safe. My husband, Boatguy, was well liked and respected in the original VMK and is also available should you want or need us both.

Since I know the full story now and the fact that Amy wasn't the bad guy I'm sticking with this game due to the fact that before Amy ever came to the picture of oVMK Nick only knew how to code in HTML Which is the WORSE way you can code a game and Amy basically made 90% of the source code and now there leeching off of it I bet you they won't get the minigames working due to the fact they have JARED(OATMAN) THE GUY WHO CREATED UVORA AND VMKUNLEASHED AND YOU KNOW THAT WAS A FAIL! So basically now that I know Amy's side of the story I'm gonna play this instead of oVMK who has corrupt administrators and people who don't know how to code (Oatman) I'll give oVMK a week or two before it goes haywire and everyone transfers to this game. I have hope in Amy because she's the only one who's made progress with the Shockwave files and the .dcr files shes probably gotten from an old computer with vmk's files. She knows what's shes doing when it comes to Adobe Director unlike Nick who uses HTML which is like using Java for a flash game it doesn't make sense. And oVMK stole Amy's work aka the framework.dcr etc. They make it seem like she's a bad guy when she isn't and she coded all the things when they couldn't do anything but HTML. tl;dr:Oatman, Nick can't code
Edited the part about gpdot didn't know if he was working with this project or not sorry about that..

I'm so excited Amy! It is your right to make this game. Nobody gets to use someone else's work, reap all the benefits from it, and then treat them as badly as the OVMK staff treated you. There is a very valuable life lesson in all of this about respect and human decency. Not naming names, but I hope the people who are responsible for everything that has happened with you realize their wrongs now. As I've said before, some people apparently had their own personal issues with you. I for one, don't really care if you released Stitch hats or gave your friends rare items. The important part is that you made OVMK a possibility and yet you were betrayed by the very people who should have been thanking you. I'm sorry, I consider myself to be a pleasant person but this upsets me.

We should have all realized there was a huge problem with the OVMK staff initially though. You don't open a game while it's in beta and NOT allow your players (who are really just 'test driving' it for you) to give their input as to what needs fixing or not.

Oh well, we can start anew here. I just want to say thank you, Amy. For all you have done. You are the reason that a game we all loved can be reborn again. We have nobody else to thank but you.

Snaps

mischief managed
Thanks for clearing this all up, Amy! I've been trying to figure out all of this for so long, as I had no internet throughout everything. But I'm glad I found this and I cant wait for the game! c:

Amy I always felt you did more for the vmk community than any one else. I always been by your side since ovmk open to the public. I can't wait for this game to come out. Thank you for bringing back something I used to and always will call home.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I'm so sorry Amy! You've done so much, and that moron Grace took it away from all of us. And I love the fact that you've kept trying.

We love you Amy!

I told you in game and I'll say it again... You are a Computer Goddess!! I think you're going to find you have a massive following after the "incident" that immediately didn't sit right for most people. We are behind you 100%.

Thanks for everything Amy! It's cool to see that fireworks is being worked on atm. I really appreciate the work you have put into this game and I'm truly excited to start playing!

Shrimp

SO THIS IS WHY THE OVMK FORUMS IS DOWN?

They fear the truth will hit their forums!

This is a huge mess. Nick is just 16-year-old boy. We need adults up in here to take control.

StephaniePea

Tru Pea, Real Pea.
Hey amy! so happy to see that you aren't going to let vmk die! i think now that the forums have been taken down, it's easy to see that your side makes alot more sense. either way, I'm wishing you well and lots of luck while trying to go through with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.