What programming languages do you know?

Shane

I'll start ^_^

I know:

PHP - My best language. I love making programs that interact with databases, and making programs that operate on other programs.

AS3 (Flash) and MXML (Flex [Which is still Flash... hard to explain]) - The language I have used for my Android apps (Shameless plug). I've used Flash Builder 4 (Adobe Flex - Think AS3 and XML had a baby), FlashDevelop, and Flash Pro CS6 (It cost me an arm and a leg. Figuratively. I have all of my limbs still).

VB.Net - Purist hate it. First language I learned. I made something like VMK Pal for VFK using it as my first "real" project.

C# - Purist alternative to VB.Net =P I prefer VB.Net to be honest, but I can use C#.

JavaScript - Not my best language, but I've used it a lot.

Java - Well.. I took Java I at a community college (I'm in high school). I honestly feel that class was a waste for the most part, though... Only "formal" coding training I've had.

Andrew

I am beginning to learn Python. I want to learn other languages someday but for now I am starting with Python (because I am learning and using it for one of my classes) :).

Jasmine

Not many, haha.

PHP - Just started learning it. I like it so far!

JavaScript - It's not too appealing to me. JQuery's kind of cool though.

Java - Haven't started this yet, but I'll be taking Programming 1 so I'll be learning both Java and Python.

Honestly, I prefer plain ol' CSS and HTML over everything else I've learned. But that's probably because I'm a newbie :P

Fiyero

Jess said:
Not many, haha.

PHP - Just started learning it. I like it so far!

JavaScript - It's not too appealing to me. JQuery's kind of cool though.

Java - Haven't started this yet, but I'll be taking Programming 1 so I'll be learning both Java and Python.

Honestly, I prefer plain ol' CSS and HTML over everything else I've learned. But that's probably because I'm a newbie :P
I'd just like to go ahead and say that HTML and CSS are not programming! One is a markup and one is a style sheet language. Nothing against you, but I've heard so many people try to say they know so much about programming when HTML is all they know.

Kudos to you for trying to learn Java and Python though! :)

Well I'll be learning extensive amounts of languages for school.

So far I started out with JavaScript. Was a little confusing at first, but overall a simple language to learn.

I'm taking Java 1 now and I'm glad I had the previous experience with JS because it's similar in many ways to Java but different as well.

Programming classes I can take at school still (or languages to learn really):

PHP 1, 2
C++ 1
Perl 1
Programming 1: Language (not sure what language but I'm going to guess multiple ones or something like that)
Java 2
SQL 1
Visual Basic 1, 2

I know I'm going to do Java 2 just because it builds off most of what I know already for the most part, and PHP 1 and 2, but what do you all recommend? As an elective or something to learn just to have that education into it? C++ or VB? I could do SQL and perl but I don't see the use in those.

Jasmine

Fiyero said:
I'd just like to go ahead and say that HTML and CSS are not programming! One is a markup and one is a style sheet language. Nothing against you, but I've heard so many people try to say they know so much about programming when HTML is all they know.

Erm, I know that, lol. Hence why I didn't list them as programming languages, so there's really no need to tell me that ;).
I said I prefer CSS and HTML over the programming languages I've learned. In other words, I prefer Web Design over programming, but I like them both.

Fiyero

Jess said:
Fiyero said:

Erm, I know that, lol. Hence why I didn't list them as programming languages, so there's really no need to tell me that ;).
I said I prefer CSS and HTML over the programming languages I've learned. In other words, I prefer Web Design over programming, but I like them both.
I wasn't just telling it to you! More as like a comment for anyone who plans to say that.

But I completely agree with you! Web Design is amazing. I love it so much

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I know HTML CSS PHP BBcode for web

and for software i know
Java, C++ and Python

I work in Eclipse, xCode and Python IDE

Get ready for a long list lol

Java, Python, C++, C#, HTML/CSS, php, javascript, ruby, ActionScript, some assembly, bash, forth, lua, perl, VB

I mainly uses Java which I have been using for over nine years and pretty much once you know one language you know them all really.

HTML and Java are my two best ones. I'll be learning C++ and Python soon for school. I'm a computer science major, so I'm going to try and get well rounded in most of the languages.

Let's see...

AS2, AS3, Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, VB, C#, Objective-C, and I'm currently in the process of learning some C++.

I know the basics of HTML and am currently learning CSS and I plan on learning JavaScript, PHP, ASP, ADO, VBScript and SQL.