What programming languages do you know?

Anthony

I don't know too much, but I've taught myself a few things:

HTML/CSS - If this is even considered a language.

VB.NET - I absolutely love this and how powerful it can be, no matter what people say.

C# - Similar to VB.NET, I'm still learning this and all it's syntax, but you can do some things here you can't do in VB and vice-versa.

C++ - Only a very basic knowledge of it, but I can write a calculator or something in C++ pretty easily.

And some random little tidbits of Javascript thrown in there.

Baka

I'm a Mobile Development / Computer Science major.

I'm most proficient in HTML5, CSS3, and Javascript, and AS2, but I've dabbled a lot in PHP, mySQL, AS3, and VB. Starting next month I'm going to be working with Objective C in my Scalable Data Infrastructures class.

I've actually been doing a lot lately with Adobe Edge Animate. It's all javascript/html/css, so it's really easy to navigate. I had created an RPG Battle engine, but it got deleted when my computer went down earlier this year. xP

Wow...someone mentioned Forth! That's just the second person I've run into who has previously used Forth. Thankfully, I haven't used it in years as I absolutely hated it. I was a programmer in my early career, but now work in systems/operations so my programming skills are mostly used with scripting languages. BTW - My grandmother (yes, grandmother) was a programmer in the 60s and 70s and taught me some Assembly and BASIC when I was young. :-) At any rate, here's my list (programming and scripting languages): Assembly, BASIC, Pascal & Delphi, C (not C++), Visual Basic, Forth, HTML, T-SQL, some PowerShell (getting better), TACL (I was a master at this and it directly contributed to me getting my first real programming job), DCL and VBA (if you want to classify that separately). My favorite language was Pascal.

Cheers!

Chicknoodle said:
Computer science seems harder than organic chem...(to me anyway)
I was thinking the same thing... I had no problems getting a degree in Math, but I thought my C++ class would be the end of the world. I had an easier time when I later took a class to learn C. Apparently I had learned a little that semester of C++ and was able to apply it to C. Either way... I promptly forgot everything after I took those two classes. Opps.

So props to you guys who can code!

Comp Sci major who's probably not up to snuff on some of the languages she knows.

I can (confidently) code in: HTML 5/CSS, Javascript (JQuery), C, C++, Java (first language ^^), MIPS Assembly (Yea, not the most useful one. But i'm very good at this)
I have experience in: Python, MATLAB (although, when indexes start at zero I'll stop laughing at it), Haxe (If you're into game development, look this one up - it's promising)

PHP, Ruby, and Javascript here. Vastly prefer Ruby over PHP, and only know Javascript well enough to know I need to learn it better if I ever want to use Node or backbone.

Brain

I'm a software engineer who is currently doing back-end services for a rather large company in the US. I mainly program in Java currently, but I also have skills in:
C, C#, COBOL (thanks mom), Racket/Scheme, MIPS Assembly, ACL, C++, Python, HTML/CSS, Javascript, Ruby, and other small languages that no one cares to really know about.

Whispered

I can't remember if I posted here (lame)

I know enough python 2.7 to write a mediocre IRC bot that actually connects and does some random stuff.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Let me count the ways i can code conditionals

Python
Pascal ( very old )
C++
OBJ-C
Java
Flash

Web/server Codes
HTML 5
CSS 3
Javascript
SQL/ MySQL
Oracle DB

-DBA/ Information Technology Major ;D

Fresh

I know Fortran, C++, Python, and Matlab. I have also dabbled in Java, Perl, Objective-C, R and PHP. Python is probably my favorite at this point :D.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I know Fortran, C++, Python, and Matlab. I have also dabbled in Java, Perl, Objective-C and PHP. Python is probably my favorite at this point :D.
Wow your age is showing with fortran haha, usually the ones who know fortran and cobol are the ones who are the veterans..