What programming languages do you know?

I'm graduating with my degree in Computer Science (emphasis on Game Software Programming) in May. I've come to appreciate all languages, but in particular I like (in descending order)...

C++: The best language, period. Holy encapsulation, Batman, just look at that polymorphism!
Assembly: It's not used a whole lot anymore, but good heavens, is it powerful. And fast.
C#: It's like Java, but it actually makes sense, and like C++, but it's actually understandable.
XML: C++ may be the best language, but XML is certainly one of the most useful.
Python: I'm more of an OOP man myself, but if I had to choose a scripting language, it'd be Python.
SQL: Can this even be considered a language? I'm honestly not sure. SELECT Answer FROM BookOfKnowledge;
HTML: Ok, so not technically a "real" language, per se...
Visual BASIC: Useful for RAD, but there are better alternatives.
ActionScript: Except that almost no one uses Flash anymore...
Ruby: I read a blog post about it once.
Galaxy: About two hours into learning Galaxy, I realized why there's a visual programming interface. That stuff's hideous.
Javascript: I can see how it's useful, but I try to avoid it if I can. Not that I'm opposed to it or anything, I'm just more comfortable in other languages.
UnrealScript: Honestly, UDK can go jump off a cliff. GLORIOUS UNITY MASTER RACE
Objective-C: I appreciate it's usefulness, and it's certainly not a bad language, but dat syntax doe... [Rhett SmashHead: Desk]
Java: I really don't want to talk about this one.

Personally, I prefer implementing fun gameplay over down-and-dirty coding. Hand me an engine and I'll build you a pretty little car you can show off to your friends. Until some idiot rear-ends you, then you have to get that fixed, but the mechanic is all like "Hey you need to replace your radiator and there's a loose fuel valve" and next thing you know you're in debt and you have to work overtime and I think this analogy is breaking down. I'll shut up now.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I'm graduating with my degree in Computer Science (emphasis on Game Software Programming) in May. I've come to appreciate all languages, but in particular I like (in descending order)...

C++: The best language, period. Holy encapsulation, Batman, just look at that polymorphism!
Assembly: It's not used a whole lot anymore, but good heavens, is it powerful. And fast.
C#: It's like Java, but it actually makes sense, and like C++, but it's actually understandable.
XML: C++ may be the best language, but XML is certainly one of the most useful.
Python: I'm more of an OOP man myself, but if I had to choose a scripting language, it'd be Python.
SQL: Can this even be considered a language? I'm honestly not sure. SELECT Answer FROM BookOfKnowledge;
HTML: Ok, so not technically a "real" language, per se...
Visual BASIC: Useful for RAD, but there are better alternatives.
ActionScript: Except that anyone uses Flash anymore...
Ruby: I read a blog post about it once.
Galaxy: About two hours into learning Galaxy, I realized why there's a visual programming interface. That stuff's hideous.
Javascript: I can see how it's useful, but I try to avoid it if I can. Not that I'm opposed to it or anything, I'm just more comfortable in other languages.
UnrealScript: Honestly, UDK can go jump off a cliff. GLORIOUS UNITY MASTER RACE
Objective-C: I appreciate it's usefulness, and it's certainly not a bad language, but dat syntax doe... [Rhett SmashHead: Desk]
Java: I really don't want to talk about this one.

Personally, I prefer implementing fun gameplay over down-and-dirty coding. Hand me an engine and I'll build you a pretty little car you can show off to your friends. Until some idiot rear-ends you, then you have to get that fixed, but the mechanic is all like "Hey you need to replace your radiator and there's a loose fuel valve" and next thing you know you're in debt and you have to work overtime and I think this analogy is breaking down. I'll shut up now.

I like your commentary on these languages. Quite humorous. I read you havent stepped much into Javascript, it's quite useful. You can use javascript to edit java code and games which is nice, you can also use Javascript to utilize the full potential of HTML 5. It's mainly a web based language.

and i understand your pain for OBJ-C, ive been working with OBJ-C with XCode and all i have to say is SIGABRT makes me cry when it shows it's ugly head. Its like a crying baby that doesnt stop even after you do everything in your power to make it happy.

Python and Golang are my two most used languages as of right now. XML is markup, not a language, and it can die in the face of a much simple JSON (and later YAML, but JSON is simpler).

Going for my degree in Computer Science.

C++.. I know a lot and confident (Made some mods with a couple of buddies of mine for "Call of Duty: 4" long time ago)
Java.. Like I said also was used a lot
Python.. My favorite.

Web:
HTML.. Made a couple of websites for fun and for a couple buddies.

Currently helping developing a "Bukkit" mod (Minecraft mod) with a couple of buddies making a PvP server.

Chocobo

Simple and clean.
I know a bit of HTML, if that counts. It's not really 'knowing a language' as I was AWFUL at HTML.

I made a few VMK/Warriors websites back in the day (2007).

The most advanced HTML I know is iframing. The best thing that came out of me knowing a bit of HTML is that I can fix my Tumblr themes when they're broken, and I'm making a Tumblr theme ATM.

Drewby

WDW Annual Passholder
I am very new to programming languages (other than when I would mess around with HTML when I was a lot younger), but I am taking a college course during the Spring that teaches programming with C. I've learned a bit on my own but I am very excited to begin learning more about it.

Showing my age: Basic & DOS.
Also know enough of HTML & Java to be dangerous, but not much beyond that.
Extensive use and knowledge of Alice (because I use it to teach intro to programming), which is a OOP training program that mimics Java and has the ability to change the programs written into Java.
Someday, I plan on looking at Python and C++

Oh god, what a question..
Well i've been studying Game software development at university :P
but before then i did a lot of web development work and my own little MMO styled games when MMOCCFORUMS were open.
So here's the list in no particular order as i am just trying to remember them aha

C++ (The daddy of all languages)
C#
Assembly (DON'T EVER TRY TO LEARN THIS IT WILL KILL YOU o.o)
Binary (JK i can read it a bit but cannot write it)
Java
JS
LUA (learnt along side C# for two different projects)
Actionscript (AS3 not earlier)
PHP
HTML(most people know this now it's not much of an achievement)
CSS
XHTML (long before HTML5 x) )
VB(heh wouldn't call this a language anymore but an idea aha)
Python (pretty easy tbh)
Delphi (for Old AS3 servers, was a bloody lovely language to learn)
GO language (bit of a pain but bleh)
I am going to say DirectX (it's not a language but it was hard to learn to use and make your own game engines with)
Ruby
and SQL

OH and i would call Maths a language because if you don't know maths well you wont be able to develop 3D games that look realistic aha :)
The maths you have to learn is impossible!! having to learn Quaternions o.o EVEN THE BEST GAME DEVELOPERS CAN'T EXPLAIN THEMM

oatman

Languages I Hate (You should too):
*LISP
*Scheme
*Clojure
*Scala
*Erlang
*Haskell
*Java 8 (7 and Lower is Okay)
*Ruby

Pretty much all languages that replace encapsulated imperative methodologies with functional programming design paradigms. -YUCK- Imperative and Procedural languages like x86 and the first version of C are great! However the whole idea that functional design patterns can produce scalable (large code) systems is a myth.