What's your view on clones?

Obviously this is up to the staff as to whether or not this is allowed, but I personally have nothing against people making multiple accounts in order to obtain items/credits. In VMK I had a male and female character in order to collect and trade both types of clothing. The way I see it, everyone is able to do it so there is no issue of fairness being compromised. If you want to do the work in having multiple accounts, signing and and out all the time to collect (what use to be minuscule profits from NCPS) more power to you. I had a friend who was horrible at all the mini games. Her only real source of income was NPCs and so she had 9 accounts in order to make enough money to buy new items that were out.

What frustrates me most is if there is a 1 or 2 account per user limit and I find out friends of mine have multiple accounts. This DOES create an unfair advantage and frustrates me especially if they don't get caught. I try my best to follow all the rules because I don't want to be banned. I love vmk too much to sacrifice my account to being banned just for a few extra items/credits.

I suggest we be allowed to have multiple clones in this version.

I'm interested in knowing what everyone else's views on this are! :)

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I think clones are the only viable option to make guest rooms now a days. In order make great room, you need to have a lot of money, the only way to have a lot of money is to find the biggest flow of income, which at that moment was clones. For VMK itself, it was about 1200 credits for the effort of 5 minutes which isnt bad compared to the 100 credits every 5 minutes when you want to play a game of pirates.

My personal opinion is i have no problem as well with having as many users as you want! I wouldn't mind having alot either so I can build really nice ride rooms, etc.

I think it should be allowed, but thats just my opinion. Maybe like a 3-5 Max limit if they don't want users having an unlimited amount of clones.

-Alex

Alex said:
My personal opinion is i have no problem as well with having as many users as you want! I wouldn't mind having alot either so I can build really nice ride rooms, etc.

I think it should be allowed, but thats just my opinion. Maybe like a 3-5 Max limit if they don't want users having an unlimited amount of clones.

-Alex

Also, I have made mazes in the past and used 2 additional clones to moderate my rooms. If someone traded inside the maze they were booted but the only way to moderate this was to have a character in each room so I could watch what was being said. I also liked the idea of being able to create a clone for a specific event. A friend of mine had a talking fountain so he created a character with a relevant name and hid inside the fountain and talked to the guests who visited. I also have some character ideas I'd love to play out on the game but with the 2 account limit from OVMK that couldn't happen :( I just had my male and female character.

cyre

I have no problem with clones - I have a problem with excessive clones being used to mule/farm. I have a problem with people having hundreds of mules like that exist on VFK. That's what kills an economy. I had several accounts, many of which were for words that weren't in the dictionary. I won't lie, I did take clones through host rooms. But I didn't take hundreds through.

I totally support an IP limit. Granted that's hard to enforce now, as many IPs are dynamic and change frequently.

booglie

I can definitely see how having multiple accounts was very tempting with the way that credits were being distributed, but once mini games are up I really don't see a point in needing more than 2

I know this is pretty random, and possibly hard to create but what about like in toontown, where you had 1 Account, and under that account you chould choose like 3-5 different accounts to spawn in from, and I don't know if you could still double-log but it seems simple.

cyre said:
I have no problem with clones - I have a problem with excessive clones being used to mule/farm. I have a problem with people having hundreds of mules like that exist on VFK. That's what kills an economy. I had several accounts, many of which were for words that weren't in the dictionary. I won't lie, I did take clones through host rooms. But I didn't take hundreds through.

I totally support an IP limit. Granted that's hard to enforce now, as many IPs are dynamic and change frequently.
I agree Cyre. I had like 10 accounts on vmk. I used them to play games with and go through host rooms but as long as everyone had the same chance to do so I don't see anything wrong with it. The host games lasted a month and the prizes are all the same so everyone had ample opportunity to get a prize.

What would be difficult with IP limits is not being able to determine how many users are actually in a family as well enforcing that. What stops someone from creating accounts at a different computer or location. I don't really know much about monitoring the accounts and ips but also what about users logging in at other locations. My friend came to my house thursday and played vmk with the rest of my family. My neighbors use to play vmk at my house while I baby sat them. Would this raise a red flag?

I would definitely like to see some type of limit though but high enough so larger families can still play and aren't at a disadvantage for having multiple people playing with multiple accoutns. We have 3 in our house and we would all like to be able to resurrect some of our clones we had on vmk.

Hundreds though.... That's beyond excessive!

Well if there was no NPC's there wouldn't be a problem with cloning. But there is so there is nothing you can do about that at this point. HOWEVER, you CAN prevent people from obtaining things unfairly. One simple thing to do is DO NOT RELEASE EXCLUSIVE CODES! people just create duplicate accounts and continue to input the code as we saw in OVMK with the pink stitch hat and churro carts. People had like 20 of each!

iTico said:
Well if there was no NPC's there wouldn't be a problem with cloning. But there is so there is nothing you can do about that at this point. HOWEVER, you CAN prevent people from obtaining things unfairly. One simple thing to do is DO NOT RELEASE EXCLUSIVE CODES! people just create duplicate accounts and continue to input the code as we saw in OVMK with the pink stitch hat and churro carts. People had like 20 of each!
Yeah I agree. Clones are really valuable at this point because of how many credits you get from npcs and it being our only income. Once theycreate games and if they lower the NPC amount to 20-50 credits, I could see it not being such a problem anymore.

I don't have a problem with minimal use of cloning. I think what causes a problem is when those clones are logged in at the same time. There was often times the server was full on vmk and people would have to wait to log on. Or the queue was so long because people would be taking so many clones through the host games, often having more than one in queue. It also created more lag. It's possible servers or whatever are much more advanced nowadays, I know my own computer is, but even ovmk had issues with the single Emporium being full because players would just stand in there and/or go afk forever. Quite a few times when I'd be going on my credit run or checking for new items it would say it was full. :idea: My suggestion would be a two minute limit on the NPC rooms before an auto boot. It's great to hang out and chat with friends, and it's great to help new players who don't know what to do, but in general, do so in public areas. :idea: My other suggestion, if it's a case of servers having limits or queues being excessive, is to have a limit of 3 players per IP allowed at any given moment (if it's even monitorable)to allow kids and parents to play together without putting undue restrictions on cloning or undue stress on the game.

Caribbean_Gal said:
I don't have a problem with minimal use of cloning. I think what causes a problem is when those clones are logged in at the same time. There was often times the server was full on vmk and people would have to wait to log on. Or the queue was so long because people would be taking so many clones through the host games, often having more than one in queue. It also created more lag. It's possible servers or whatever are much more advanced nowadays, I know my own computer is, but even ovmk had issues with the single Emporium being full because players would just stand in there and/or go afk forever. Quite a few times when I'd be going on my credit run or checking for new items it would say it was full. :idea: My suggestion would be a two minute limit on the NPC rooms before an auto boot. It's great to hang out and chat with friends, and it's great to help new players who don't know what to do, but in general, do so in public areas. :idea: My other suggestion, if it's a case of servers having limits or queues being excessive, is to have a limit of 3 players per IP allowed at any given moment (if it's even monitorable)to allow kids and parents to play together without putting undue restrictions on cloning or undue stress on the game.
But what if there are more than 3 players in a household? I know at least 2 families who play with 4. I've also had people over to play vmk at my house which put us over 4 playing at a time.

For NPCs, I think that once room instances become available that problem will dissolve.

Alyce

Younger than Dirt..Older than Disneyland
Caribbean_Gal said:
:idea: My suggestion would be a two minute limit on the NPC rooms before an auto boot. It's great to hang out and chat with friends, and it's great to help new players who don't know what to do, but in general, do so in public areas. :idea: My other suggestion, if it's a case of servers having limits or queues being excessive, is to have a limit of 3 players per IP allowed at any given moment (if it's even monitorable)to allow kids and parents to play together without putting undue restrictions on cloning or undue stress on the game.
Hiya Gal!

I think a time limit in the NPC rooms would save a lot of frustrating moments! There are so many places to greet your friends! Wonderful suggestion.

;) ;) :D ;) ;)