What's your view on clones?

Clones are weird, cause how can we tell if its real? People have siblings, also people do use the same IP...its hard to judge and be reasonable with this.

Heidi

I don't care if people have clones.
I had at least 5 accounts in VMK, I have like 30 on VFK.
For VMK I liked all the starter girl's clothing... Like the VMK t-shirts. So I made an account to get each color.
And on VFK I use them to get pin lanyards & quest stuff (well I did, when I played)

Whatever, I don't have a problem with it. If you think it's unfair, make clones yourself :P

Jinx

You Owe Me A Soda! :D
Yes, to an extent people should be able to have clones. Players have family as well, so everyone should be able to play. I think that having one or two extra accounts is okay to obtain credits and certain items, but if they're creating 15 accounts then I think there is a problem.

heidii said:
For VMK I liked all the starter girl's clothing... Like the VMK t-shirts. So I made an account to get each color.
And on VFK I use them to get pin lanyards & quest stuff (well I did, when I played)

Whatever, I don't have a problem with it. If you think it's unfair, make clones yourself :P
What? 30? There's no way :o

Foamy

Kevin said:
Clones are weird, cause how can we tell if its real? People have siblings, also people do use the same IP...its hard to judge and be reasonable with this.
Not really. The way I would do it personally (and I suggested this on OVMK, but they never followed through with it) is check the trade logs between accounts with the same IP. If they're found to be trading between multiple accounts to one central account, you can be fairly certain they're using them to gain an unfair advantage. You just have to look for suspicious activity, I suppose. It's not that difficult if you commit to it.

I think they're ok as long as its not out of control, like 2 or 3. But I hate the idea that someone can be on a bunch of clones making it hard for other people to get in the game. That's seriously inconsiderate :/

Shrimp

THE ONLY WAY TO ELIMINATE CLONES IS TO INCREASE THE RATE OF CREDITS! Yeti must hand over 1,000 erry 12 hours & Esmeralda 1,300. You'll then significantly see the decrease of clones.

I find it bizarre how everyone is okay with the idea of people making a large number of clones... It upsets the balance of the game! Two account's per person makes sense because males and females have different items offered to them and to get everything you need to have one of each. That being said, anything more is just plain cheating!

At the end of the day there is a reason for the cap on the amount of credits given out by NPCs and why multiple player use codes are a thing and that's because it's fair for every player. It is not fair on the other hand if someone is cheating the system, even if everyone is doing it! Also, as we saw with OVMK there was a cap on the amount of people that could access the game, and if everyone is trying to get 3 accounts online at once to trade over items it prevents other players from getting one account on... which is a little selfish.

booglie

paul said:
I know this is pretty random, and possibly hard to create but what about like in toontown, where you had 1 Account, and under that account you chould choose like 3-5 different accounts to spawn in from, and I don't know if you could still double-log but it seems simple.
You weren't supposed to be able to double-log but it was still pretty easy to do, you just had to close the launcher that would be running in the background by looking through your running programs

Each member in our family had both a boy and girl character as there were clothes limited to specific genders (which it should be that way).

I personally do not have an issue with mules/clones/spares as long as the game rules allow it. I think VMK had a limit of 15 and any more than that could result in you being banned.

iTico said:
heidii said:

What? 30? There's no way :o

It is certainly possible. I had a VMK "friend" who created over 100 accounts over 3 years and she had a crazy amount of everything. She and her brother both did it. They were quite greedy, actually.

Shrimp said:
THE ONLY WAY TO ELIMINATE CLONES IS TO INCREASE THE RATE OF CREDITS! Yeti must hand over 1,000 erry 12 hours & Esmeralda 1,300. You'll then significantly see the decrease of clones.
IMO that would encourage more clones to be made. At least at this point because there is no other way to earn credits. What's 2300 credits when you can make 4600 every hour? Or with 3 clones 6900.

Squid

I personally don't mind clones. I never heard of them until VFK when everyone seemed to have them to which I started making them. Though in VMK, I would most likely make multiple accounts to get the shirts that were only available through registration. So, for me, if they released all shirts for sale, I would have no reason to make clones. Also, in oVMK, I made a few to get the different colored flip flops, in all honesty.

Drowsy

I really like having a couple of clones. One of them being male for the boy items. I hope it's not way overdone like on VFK though.

IP LIMIT.

VFK's cloning system is a total nightmare for trading LOL and harassment. It's just annoying and greedy.

Shrimp

Meanestpianist said:
Shrimp said:
IMO that would encourage more clones to be made. At least at this point because there is no other way to earn credits. What's 2300 credits when you can make 4600 every hour? Or with 3 clones 6900.
Then make everything cheap! But then they'll take even more advantage!
It's impossible to IP limit. Look at all the popular MMOGs. It's easy to yell "IP limit! IP limit!" But it's another story to realistically enforce it. VPNs are also getting popular these days, so someone will always beat the system.