What's your view on clones?

Shrimp said:
Meanestpianist said:
Shrimp said:
THE ONLY WAY TO ELIMINATE CLONES IS TO INCREASE THE RATE OF CREDITS! Yeti must hand over 1,000 erry 12 hours & Esmeralda 1,300. You'll then significantly see the decrease of clones.
IMO that would encourage more clones to be made. At least at this point because there is no other way to earn credits. What's 2300 credits when you can make 4600 every hour? Or with 3 clones 6900.
Then make everything cheap! But then they'll take even more advantage!
It's impossible to IP limit. Look at all the popular MMOGs. It's easy to yell "IP limit! IP limit!" But it's another story to realistically enforce it. VPNs are also getting popular these days, so someone will always beat the system.
So true! I think once there are alternative ways to earn credits via mini games, they could lower the NPC credit amount so that clones wouldn't be as useful in that sense.

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
{Even if you lower the amount of credits given, people will make 40 clones to get what they want. There should still be an IP limit in my opinion, but nothing too strict to the point where siblings can't get on.

You can't prevent cloning.

-Tessa?

Foamy said:
Having multiple accounts is bad for the economy.

Those were my thoughts, too. I addressed concerns about creating an artificial economy that encourages the use of mule accounts. Don't make things so "rare" that people are virtual hoarders. :lol:

Shrimp

Meanestpianist said:
Shrimp said:
Then make everything cheap! But then they'll take even more advantage!
It's impossible to IP limit. Look at all the popular MMOGs. It's easy to yell "IP limit! IP limit!" But it's another story to realistically enforce it. VPNs are also getting popular these days, so someone will always beat the system.
So true! I think once there are alternative ways to earn credits via mini games, they could lower the NPC credit amount so that clones wouldn't be as useful in that sense.
YES. Right now, with Yeti & Esmeralda being our ONLY SOURCE, people have too much time on their hands to create clones. Once you have most of the games running, people will not only be able to have other sources to earn credits, but they'll have too much fun to even have time to create clones.

And you have to think about this, on VMK, a magic pin cost 10,000 credits. Who the heck is willing to spend all their time earning up 10,000 credits for all their clones? They'd have to work hard and play games on them in order to earn them anyway. So they would then be considered like legit clones :lol:

Blossomflower

i like clones. i don't really use them for muling/gaining more credits, but i just like the sense of having an alternate character i can "escape" on. sometimes its fun to spy on my friends and see what they do when they think i'm not watching. :D

Shrimp

Blossomflower said:
i like clones. i don't really use them for muling/gaining more credits, but i just like the sense of having an alternate character i can "escape" on. sometimes its fun to spy on my friends and see what they do when they think i'm not watching. :D
:shock:

cruise

BriarLori said:
Don't make things so "rare" that people are virtual hoarders. :lol:
This is the root of the problem. I have no issues with clones. I had a couple on VMK mainly because sometimes i just wanted to be anonymous and play some mini games when I had little time for chatting or hanging out. I would use my clone to get a few games in during work breaks. Later I could go on my main character to hang out with friends. Also made a male character just because I liked some of the items they had.

As long as there is "rare" people will make clones/mules and try to hoard as many as possible so they can be "the envy of the kingdom" as they used to say.

If every item is somehow available to all players at some point and in some way, that will reduce the number of clones created.

I also agree with some posters about a time limit boot for NPC rooms/Shop rooms for specials. Even when there were several instances in VMK it was difficult to get into those shops when specials were released because people would make their purchases and then just hang out while we had to wait to get in to get the specials.

They should just make earning credits and buying items in MMK easier, so that people don't have to make clones. If you want to make a seperate account just for fun, by all means, do it. I don't really have an issue there. The problem with OVMK, and why there were so many clones, was because there wasn't any other means of earning credits besides Yeti and Esmeralda.

guilty of cloning in vmk.. I didn't clone in ovmk, though!!
I would literally have cloning parties where I would sit in my room with a few other friends and we would just make account after account after account for hours on end.
I knew the 500 credit codes by heart :)

IMO if people are willing to go through the effort of making several accounts and log on everyday to visit the NPCs.. So be it! Everyone has the same opportunity to make several accounts. Single-use codes would fix the problem with codes and clones because once the code was used then no other account could redeem it!
I have three younger siblings who want to play when it reopens, so that would be 8 accounts on our IP address (assuming we could have a boy and a girl character) without "excessive cloning". I'd be really upset if that caused the accounts to be banned because of a limit..