Where are the Social Mini Games and What is Their Status?

What is the timeline on Haunted Mansion or POTC, or is their one? I wonder if the staff is noticing the drop in game population when there is no host events. I do wonder if they realize the amount of clones that enter the game on host events, as well. Really though, will there ever be a Haunted Mansion or POTC mini game for us to play? Is their any information on this? I know at least a hundred players waiting to get back online, or stop wandering around, in game as it is, just waiting for this information to come out. What is the the staff on myVMK say on this, is their any hope for us players that wish to play a social game? I realize it is more difficult to code and all, to get both these games in action. I am just asking for some hope on the subject. I would even be happy to hear that these games will never come out. I would be gone for good, but it would be a relief of some sort. My hope is to play POTC CTF one more time before I die, it would be a dream come true. So I ask, Amy, Grizzly is there any answer you have to this? Please tell us all, so we can move on in some direction, any info would be great, but a more specific info would be even greater. Please feel free to comment, but I must say I am only wanting to hear from the staff on this, as sort of a public announcement. Please Amy, open the docks!!!

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
From what I heard, Mansion is next and its coming out soon, but its A LOT of coding to do. I asked Amy this when JC opened. I would expect POTC at the middle of the year, if mansion is taking this long. However good luck!

Whispered

I think the reason they're not releasing any information is there's not much they feel comfortable releasing at this time. They can say Amy thinks she's, say, 50% done with the coding, but there could be a major setback, or it could take longer than expected, etc. That's why they tend to wait until they have it done and in testing before they say "hey we're gunna release it this month".

Cyber Toon

Amy said (I heard this directly from her) that HM and Music Game will have close releases, as well. In other words, if you see one, expect the other shortly.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
I've heard a rumor of mansion from another player being close. But it's hard to believe anything when it comes from a player. I prefer to hear it from a staff, and in the case of these games I prefer it to come from Amy. I'm not sure how much the other staff know or how much Amy tells them.

I know she is very busy, so I tend to put thinking of the other games off as they will tell us when they are ready to tell us that they will be opening.

Amy said (I heard this directly from her) that HM and Music Game will have close releases, as well. In other words, if you see one, expect the other shortly.
Let's take a guess that the Music Mixer will come before HM. We will know when HM is released as I'm sure that will be the theme of the month. x)

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I think the reason they're not releasing any information is there's not much they feel comfortable releasing at this time. They can say Amy thinks she's, say, 50% done with the coding, but there could be a major setback, or it could take longer than expected, etc. That's why they tend to wait until they have it done and in testing before they say "hey we're gunna release it this month".
Exactly. 100% what I was thinking. Amy is developing this from the ground up, many times you may think you're all set, and then last minute you'll notice something that throws you into a hurricane of additional troubles. So, I'm sure when it's done, Amy will release an official statement. I would 100% not trust ANY rumors you hear, even if it's from "reliable sources." In my opinion, until it comes from either Amy or Grizzly's mouths, it's just an assumption/guess/rumor.

I heard from a certain person who is no longer an administrator back in November that Music Mixxer could see a release in December... That obviously didn't happen :P

I've also heard rumors that POTC will come out before Mansion. Even if you heard something from a staff member, you can't totally count on it. As Amy's plans can sometimes change. Maybe she'll get halfway through POTC and realize there's a major bug in it that'll take ages to sort out. Then it's release time table will change.

I do think if you know for a fact there are clones you need to report them with screenshots to Grizzly or Amy. Also, personal opinion, I think for some events people should only be allowed to attend once. Although this would be difficult to enforce.

Maltoo

I do think if you know for a fact there are clones you need to report them with screenshots to Grizzly or Amy. Also, personal opinion, I think for some events people should only be allowed to attend once. Although this would be difficult to enforce.
Everyone with a brain knows that there are clones on host events! It is Saturday morning 9:30 and there is a total of 37 people in the game! It will climb a little today but at it's peak it will only reach somewhere around 140 players. The game is dying, I believe when they took out the gold keys and crates it was said they took them out because the social aspect of the game was suffering and since there are no social mini games to play players have dwindled. Do not get me wrong I appreciate each and every sequence of code and each and every second that Amy and staff have put into the game but I truly fear that if Pirates or HM is not released soon the numbers will get worse and the game will die. You can only collect so many clams, shoot so many fireworks and cruise the river only so much before you have had enough. With less than 50 players in the game during the day there is no one to trade with and not much to do after you have burnt yourself out cruising,shooting and clamming. I am not sure what the answer is if these mini games are not close to release but if it were me I think I would add crates back with rares in them, at least it gives people an incentive to play. Crack down on the CLONES on host events or try and release the Quest machine so players could make quests and give the game some renewed excitement. I loved VMK and I love myVMK and thank Amy each and everyday for coding this game and I do not want to see it end.

If Amy or Grizzly could give us some sort of estimated time line it would give us players the hope we so desperately need at this point.

I heard from a certain person who is no longer an administrator back in November that Music Mixxer could see a release in December... That obviously didn't happen :P
That plan did fall through unfortunately... Why we never promised dates!

Sometimes things happen, I think everyone understands that. Giving a estimated time line gives players hope and spurs some excitement, which sadly is lacking right now. The morale in the game is very low and many many people have quit the game since the gingerbread contest winners were released and the attitude of some of the players in the game to other players and staff or former staff is appalling.

I second all this. I believe that when the #1 crates were taken out, people had nothing to shoot for any longer. When we got to open those crates, it was fun to see if you got anything "super rare". I loved vmk and I do love myvmk. I tend to go and clam over the other 2 games simply because I am not stuck alone for a long length of time earning credits. Mini games such as POTC were very social. We could talk and interact with all the other players playing the game. Right now we simply don't have that except with clams. I was always a POTC girl and usually spent a good bit of time in that game. It was fun and social while being able to earn credits to build within the game. I know these games take a lot of time to build with the coding and I also know that patience is a virtue, but it would be nice to have a timeline of sorts. It doesn't have to be written in stone, but I believe that giving people some kind of idea as to when other games may come out would be great for player morale. A suggestion also, it would be great maybe to have a place here on the forums that game admins check regularly to ask questions and actually maybe get answers? Sometimes I see players who get completely frustrated because they have questions and have no real way to get real answers from admins. Players try their best to answer them, but we don't really know anything concrete and this seems to just add to rumors that fly around the Kingdom. I thank all the admins (past and present) for making the game what it currently is! I love reliving the parts of VMK that are open now and I look forward to seeing what is to come!

Jackie

Ambitious, Opinionated, and Loveable.
Although I want to see Haunted Mansion and Pirates come out as much as the next person, I know that we don't have much control over that.

I'm quite an optimist myself; so, I like to look on the bright side of things. For instance, we can make the best of what we have. I really give props to room-builders who create interesting games to entertain the players. People like new things, and it's fun to compete for a prize. In order to make this game succeed, we have to try and do our part. Find fun of what we have. The competitions like the Gingerbread Contest gave something to do. I loved how, during Halloween, they had the pumpkin-picking contest. While we get the rest of the game up and running, I'd like to see more of these game-wide competitions along with more game-rooms available. (To be honest, I really think it should be "Best Guest Room" and "Best Game Room" every month to encourage players.) Maybe they can bring out the crate system again, except with no "super-rares," just semi-rares (stitch pins? brown cowboy shirt? Pirate treasure items?) to get new items coming.

I second all this. I believe that when the #1 crates were taken out, people had nothing to shoot for any longer. When we got to open those crates, it was fun to see if you got anything "super rare". I loved vmk and I do love myvmk. I tend to go and clam over the other 2 games simply because I am not stuck alone for a long length of time earning credits. Mini games such as POTC were very social. We could talk and interact with all the other players playing the game. Right now we simply don't have that except with clams. I was always a POTC girl and usually spent a good bit of time in that game. It was fun and social while being able to earn credits to build within the game. I know these games take a lot of time to build with the coding and I also know that patience is a virtue, but it would be nice to have a timeline of sorts. It doesn't have to be written in stone, but I believe that giving people some kind of idea as to when other games may come out would be great for player morale. A suggestion also, it would be great maybe to have a place here on the forums that game admins check regularly to ask questions and actually maybe get answers? Sometimes I see players who get completely frustrated because they have questions and have no real way to get real answers from admins. Players try their best to answer them, but we don't really know anything concrete and this seems to just add to rumors that fly around the Kingdom. I thank all the admins (past and present) for making the game what it currently is! I love reliving the parts of VMK that are open now and I look forward to seeing what is to come!
Ditto ^^^

Although I want to see Haunted Mansion and Pirates come out as much as the next person, I know that we don't have much control over that.

I'm quite an optimist myself; so, I like to look on the bright side of things. For instance, we can make the best of what we have. I really give props to room-builders who create interesting games to entertain the players. People like new things, and it's fun to compete for a prize. In order to make this game succeed, we have to try and do our part. Find fun of what we have. The competitions like the Gingerbread Contest gave something to do. I loved how, during Halloween, they had the pumpkin-picking contest. While we get the rest of the game up and running, I'd like to see more of these game-wide competitions along with more game-rooms available. (To be honest, I really think it should be "Best Guest Room" and "Best Game Room" every month to encourage players.) Maybe they can bring out the crate system again, except with no "super-rares," just semi-rares (stitch pins? brown cowboy shirt? Pirate treasure items?) to get new items coming.

I agree that the crates should come back but they need the super rare items to keep people interested. I also like your idea of adding other categories to the room building competition but with that I would like to see a win time limit introduced, not an entering limit but a win limit and like the Gingerbread competition add a prize for participation. Since a lot of us are not super builders and probably have no chance of winning, :). The key is keeping people motivated, interested and involved.

that is a great idea and should probably be instituted.

Everyone with a brain knows that there are clones on host events! It is Saturday morning 9:30 and there is a total of 37 people in the game! It will climb a little today but at it's peak it will only reach somewhere around 140 players. The game is dying, I believe when they took out the gold keys and crates it was said they took them out because the social aspect of the game was suffering and since there are no social mini games to play players have dwindled. Do not get me wrong I appreciate each and every sequence of code and each and every second that Amy and staff have put into the game but I truly fear that if Pirates or HM is not released soon the numbers will get worse and the game will die. You can only collect so many clams, shoot so many fireworks and cruise the river only so much before you have had enough. With less than 50 players in the game during the day there is no one to trade with and not much to do after you have burnt yourself out cruising,shooting and clamming. I am not sure what the answer is if these mini games are not close to release but if it were me I think I would add crates back with rares in them, at least it gives people an incentive to play. Crack down on the CLONES on host events or try and release the Quest machine so players could make quests and give the game some renewed excitement. I loved VMK and I love myVMK and thank Amy each and everyday for coding this game and I do not want to see it end.

If Amy or Grizzly could give us some sort of estimated time line it would give us players the hope we so desperately need at this point.
I also agree that removing gold keys was a bad decision...severely so. All people people thought it wasn't "fair". When in reality everyone had the same chance and opportunity. These people I hope realize that "no chance at a rare at all" is worse than "a small chance for everyone". It'd be just as bad or worse if they put stitch hat in the shop for 25 credits forever. Which is the alternative these players would've seen. I do think there's more than 50 active players... I do think people are playing less though.. Myself included. I only get on for NPCs, a few shells and to speak to friends for maybe 15 minutes. I only get on for host events if I can make them too. I think a lot of people play this way.

No worries Kevin! I wasn't trying to attack you by the way, just illustrating a point that sometimes expectations can fall through because of certain glitches. We don't know what minigame will come next.

cruise

I would so love to see Pirates (and even Haunted Mansion although I am terrible at it) be released in the game. I agree that we need social games and one of the reasons I love pirates is that they are teams involved and we can carry on conversations during the game. We play with people and spend time together which is why these two mini games are so much fun. Both Fireworks and Jungle Cruise are such lonely games and even though I play them, I would rather play a more social game. I don't consider the clams as a game at all but rather a mindless attempt to get some credits. It gets boring for me after about a second LOL. I am begging for the release of either at this point. I know we don't have much control or say, but it is obvious that there are SO many of us just waiting for these games. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RELEASE PIRATES AND MANSION!!!

aliceblue

Add my vote to those who miss Pirates and Mansion. Don't get me wrong; I'm grateful to have something other than Fireworks for earning credits (otherwise I would be broke!) but unfortunately Jungle Cruise in its present form manages to be both boring and irritating.

I'm sure I can't imagine all that it takes to put the pieces together, but here's hoping that both Pirates and Mansion will be given top priority for completion. :)
I also agree that removing gold keys was a bad decision...severely so. All people people thought it wasn't "fair". When in reality everyone had the same chance and opportunity. These people I hope realize that "no chance at a rare at all" is worse than "a small chance for everyone".
Very good point. Although I had mixed feelings about the keys, they helped keep players interested while waiting for other things to come out. The key system in itself is not a bad idea; the prizes just need to be updated more often.

I do think there's more than 50 active players... I do think people are playing less though.. Myself included. I only get on for NPCs, a few shells and to speak to friends for maybe 15 minutes. I only get on for host events if I can make them too. I think a lot of people play this way.
oh yes, there are more than 50 active players I would say there is still about 180-200 active players but no where near the amount that was active only 1.5 months ago. But in the mornings on the week ends and during the day on week days about 50 is all that play.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
oh yes, there are more than 50 active players I would say there is still about 180-200 active players but no where near the amount that was active only 1.5 months ago. But in the mornings on the week ends and during the day on week days about 50 is all that play.
Well, it sure does stink when a lot of people have to go back to school. I would never expect many on unless it's afternoon or night anyways.

I understand people want these games to come out and want timelines, but those kind of things aren't good to give. Give these and I can see people complaining about the timeline not being met. They also don't want to see bugs/exploits in those games that could possibly pop up if they're released too early.

I personally would prefer to hear about updates on how these games are being worked on. Just to see or hear about the progress of the games is good enough for me. Timelines I can find a little disappointing if they can't be set in stone or if they're constantly changing.