Why not call it VMKOpen

Because we dont want to be related in any way. That name still has clear indication to OpenVMK, just switched around!

Jasmine

Haha.
It definitely needs a name change, though.

Were still collecting data on that from people, were up for a change if need be!

alice-darling

Probably Smells Like Avocados
Jess said:
Haha.
It definitely needs a name change, though.
I did read somewhere that they will consider it and maybe put up a 'poll' and ask the community, but if I'm wrong, I don't want to sound like I'm putting words in their mouths lol.

I think the name should definitely bear (is that the right bear/bear?) the VMK acronym but should distance itself from "the game that must not be named."

Make VMK a noun referring to the original game and not an abbreviation, then assign a new word at the beginning or end that refers to a genuine VMK experience. Like maybe "The VMK Experience" or something. This way VMK doesn't actually mean Virtual Magic Kingdom its simply a synonym for the game but does not actually use the term "Magic Kingdom".

I feel that by retaining the VMK name in its entirety in some fashion it will be easier to explain to people and attract old friends back to the game. We had just gotten started finding our old friends in "the game that must not be named" before "the incident" and I'm sure many more will come back over time if they know what to look for.

that would be a good idea, but probably amy doesn't wanna be related to the other site. so we better stay away from similar names.

carterjakep said:
Finland said:
Why not just keep the Acronym and change the name to My Magic Kingdom...?
I would agree with this, but Magic Kingdom is Disney. I just don't like the work Mystical, even Mystic would be better.
It was taken!