Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading through this thread completely (By the time i heard about it the forums were already down), here is my thoughts on the matter. This may or may not be a long post, but a lot of it is in line with what appears to be the vastly majority opinion in this thread:

The original post in this thread answered NOTHING. Except for letting us know that nothing we say will change anything. How many staff have left? I think the real question is how many are still remaining. I think it's easier to answer then listing all of the ones who had enough sense to get out, or who were backstabbed and pushed out.

You said you wanted to let everyone know both sides of the story. You failed. Unless you have the link to the tumblr posts (which i have heard have been getting deleted on the forums), you do not know the other sides story, and guess what? You banned them all. How convenient.

You're joking, right? People on both sides have abused their position. I don't know if you're throwing darts or picking names out of a hat (Just kidding, obviously it's a huge power trip for you guys to kick out anyone who does not agree with you), but this statement is absolutely ridiculous.

This is like an older child "investigating" who broke the living room lamp, when they both did it. The verdict? The younger child! But why do you ask this mom and dad? Do i have my side of the story to share with you and make logical sense? No. But i'm the older child and you should just trust what i say is right and move on.

No you won't. What price will you pay? You already told us nothing we say will get your staff position changed. The price that is being paid is this amazing community that a lot of is cared for is being torn apart because some staff members use this game as their personal power trip.

That's why like half the staff got perma-banned for no reason, right? Including staff who have not been active in months. Take Snow. Was arguably the most unbiased and helpful admin i have seen. But you don't want old staff members who left on good terms coming back and sharing some truths, do you?

It would show 2 sides of the story. Because right now, your side is not looking too great.

Please remove the "My" from MyVMK. It is clearly not a community. It is a medium in which a few individuals let the power go to their heads. We don't have a say in the matter? Thanks for letting us know that our opinions, that we are "entitled" to, are completely worthless and will be completely ignored and disregarded.

How do we salvage this community? I see a couple possibilities, none of which will ever happen:

• MyVMK source code is released to let others create their own servers and allow us to start anew without the toxicity that this game as become.

• The files from the original VMK (The ones OpenVMK had and shared with Amy when they brought her on, which she used for her own MyVMK) are released to the public. This would be not nearly as ideal as the first option, but it would be something.

• Huge staff overhauls. Some of us care about the future of this community and game.

Again, none of these things will happen. But those three options are, in my opinion, the best chance this game has at survival.

Almost every single one of us (Ironically, except perhaps Amy) has experienced losing this game when the original shut down. A game we invested a lot of our childhoods into. Are we overreacting? If it appears we are, it shows how much this community CARES about this game and does not want to lose it again. We see what kind of path this is going down and us being vocal about our opinions is our way to try to stop it.

Since my opinion is apparently irrelevant and will not change anything, here is my honest opinion:

The remaining staff are the ones who have caused the drama. Blaming Cricket for leaking information is like the US Government blaming Snowden. Cricket did not cause this, merely shed light on it and let us know about how ugly this game is behind the curtains. I think the majority of the remaining in-game staff (I say majority because honestly i have lost track of who is left, and do not want to group someone who is not involved with this) are immature and incompetent at being staff. They let their bias's and need for power interfere with their positions as staff.

Those who have known me for a while or have seen my posts on the forums know that i have never been shy to share my opinions, whether they be popular or unpopular. And honestly before this thread the reason i did not make a topic on the leaked information was because i genuinely did not want to get banned from the game, and i knew the topic would be deleted in minutes anyway. You have allowed free and open discussion in this thread, which i think is one great decision that has been made over the past couple of days. You guys may or may not be regretting it at this point, but the forums have always been a place where posts with any critical or even slightly negative connotations would get closed/deleted, and that is a big reason why this has remained hidden for so long. I mean this site looks like it was taken off a page out of 1984.

This last bit is directed mainly towards @Amy:

I don't want these opinions and posts everyone is sharing to be ignored, but i don't want them to let it affect your personal life either. I know that the backlash from the POTC situation caused the development to become even slower because the thought of it made you remember how upset people were. Everybody voicing their opinion here is because they don't want to see this game and this community fail. I think this thread is a great first start. It lets people both voice their opinions and lets people get some steam out. But to have the staff member who made the post say our opinions don't matter and won't change anything? If this is truly a community then maybe we should start looking at what the community thinks.

You are good! ^_^ yaaaaaaas

VMKfan

I think we all need to retrospect of the events that had happened in 2013 in Ovmk. This is very similar to what had happened then. From what it seems is that no side is innocent. The fact that SEVEN respected staff members have decided to quit all simultaneously, shows that everything is not in fact fine and dandy.
Yes we are a community, but from the gist of this, it seems that we have no say.
The smartest solution at this point, would be to relieve all in game staff of their positions and have some guidelines while doing so.

I have seen numerous accounts of favoritism STILL going on, even after this whole debacle. This needs to seriously change.

Once_Upon_A_Time

♥Disneyland Addict♥
This game means a lot to me and all of us! Im glad we all care enough to try to do something about changing the way certain things that have been happening... Our community will grow stronger because of this and i know hope is out there :)
After reading through this thread completely (By the time i heard about it the forums were already down), here is my thoughts on the matter. This may or may not be a long post, but a lot of it is in line with what appears to be the vastly majority opinion in this thread:

The original post in this thread answered NOTHING. Except for letting us know that nothing we say will change anything. How many staff have left? I think the real question is how many are still remaining. I think it's easier to answer then listing all of the ones who had enough sense to get out, or who were backstabbed and pushed out.

You said you wanted to let everyone know both sides of the story. You failed. Unless you have the link to the tumblr posts (which i have heard have been getting deleted on the forums), you do not know the other sides story, and guess what? You banned them all. How convenient.

You're joking, right? People on both sides have abused their position. I don't know if you're throwing darts or picking names out of a hat (Just kidding, obviously it's a huge power trip for you guys to kick out anyone who does not agree with you), but this statement is absolutely ridiculous.

This is like an older child "investigating" who broke the living room lamp, when they both did it. The verdict? The younger child! But why do you ask this mom and dad? Do i have my side of the story to share with you and make logical sense? No. But i'm the older child and you should just trust what i say is right and move on.

No you won't. What price will you pay? You already told us nothing we say will get your staff position changed. The price that is being paid is this amazing community that a lot of is cared for is being torn apart because some staff members use this game as their personal power trip.

That's why like half the staff got perma-banned for no reason, right? Including staff who have not been active in months. Take Snow. Was arguably the most unbiased and helpful admin i have seen. But you don't want old staff members who left on good terms coming back and sharing some truths, do you?

It would show 2 sides of the story. Because right now, your side is not looking too great.

Please remove the "My" from MyVMK. It is clearly not a community. It is a medium in which a few individuals let the power go to their heads. We don't have a say in the matter? Thanks for letting us know that our opinions, that we are "entitled" to, are completely worthless and will be completely ignored and disregarded.

How do we salvage this community? I see a couple possibilities, none of which will ever happen:

• MyVMK source code is released to let others create their own servers and allow us to start anew without the toxicity that this game as become.

• The files from the original VMK (The ones OpenVMK had and shared with Amy when they brought her on, which she used for her own MyVMK) are released to the public. This would be not nearly as ideal as the first option, but it would be something.

• Huge staff overhauls. Some of us care about the future of this community and game.

Again, none of these things will happen. But those three options are, in my opinion, the best chance this game has at survival.

Almost every single one of us (Ironically, except perhaps Amy) has experienced losing this game when the original shut down. A game we invested a lot of our childhoods into. Are we overreacting? If it appears we are, it shows how much this community CARES about this game and does not want to lose it again. We see what kind of path this is going down and us being vocal about our opinions is our way to try to stop it.

Since my opinion is apparently irrelevant and will not change anything, here is my honest opinion:

The remaining staff are the ones who have caused the drama. Blaming Cricket for leaking information is like the US Government blaming Snowden. Cricket did not cause this, merely shed light on it and let us know about how ugly this game is behind the curtains. I think the majority of the remaining in-game staff (I say majority because honestly i have lost track of who is left, and do not want to group someone who is not involved with this) are immature and incompetent at being staff. They let their bias's and need for power interfere with their positions as staff.

Those who have known me for a while or have seen my posts on the forums know that i have never been shy to share my opinions, whether they be popular or unpopular. And honestly before this thread the reason i did not make a topic on the leaked information was because i genuinely did not want to get banned from the game, and i knew the topic would be deleted in minutes anyway. You have allowed free and open discussion in this thread, which i think is one great decision that has been made over the past couple of days. You guys may or may not be regretting it at this point, but the forums have always been a place where posts with any critical or even slightly negative connotations would get closed/deleted, and that is a big reason why this has remained hidden for so long. I mean this site looks like it was taken off a page out of 1984.

This last bit is directed mainly towards @Amy:

I don't want these opinions and posts everyone is sharing to be ignored, but i don't want them to let it affect your personal life either. I know that the backlash from the POTC situation caused the development to become even slower because the thought of it made you remember how upset people were. Everybody voicing their opinion here is because they don't want to see this game and this community fail. I think this thread is a great first start. It lets people both voice their opinions and lets people get some steam out. But to have the staff member who made the post say our opinions don't matter and won't change anything? If this is truly a community then maybe we should start looking at what the community thinks.
I definitely agree with you Thanks for this :)

Lost

Lost, we have no problem with the things you have voiced tonight, with many people we have no problem with them voicing opinions EVER. However, there seems to be this perception that we often censor things and we really do not. Unless it is not targeted toward specific people and the language is not strong, we will let things go through. When people seem to voice their opinions on the forums though.. this is often not the case.

I would also like to point out that while there are conflicts that need to be resolved within the staff, the moderators are not involved. We operate separately and only try to keep the peace, and keep it appropriate. If you wish to voice concerns over in-game staffing, the best way to do so is contact them directly.
Again I want to thank all the moderators for letting us be so open and doing a great job over this whole subject.

However, what I bolded from P1's post is how I feel in general. In the past on the forums anything even remotely critical or disagreeing with staff decisions have been shut down, deleted or edited. It was more prevalent earlier on with the forums but for a LONG time the forums felt censored to any sort of negative view, having an opinion was something that was dangerous back then because you didn't want to get in trouble.

All the injustices that people are airing about Kali, they were happening before she joined the team too, maybe in different ways, and were kept more secret. Things like that if I remember correctly have happened before but players wouldn't say anything here because they knew it would be deleted and couldn't say much in-game because staff can watch and track everything.

I know a while ago me and A LOT of friends and other people would be so angry about how heavily the forums were censored with negative opinions. I can't give you examples because it was so long ago but I remember plenty of nights being in-game and ranting with people about how we were treated on here. So with this incident and all the posts and opinions being allowed, it really a breathe of fresh air and a step in the right direction. It feels like things have changed for the better on the forums.

---

Personally with all that's happened, I can't look certain staff and players in the eye and want to talk to them anymore. I would rather not report serious things like exploits and rule breaking and have to deal with or talk to certain staff which on a game as small as this is worrying because if I feel like that, then how many more feel that way.

The whole basis of trust between some staff and players is gone completely. People are upset and confused that some of those people remain and some have been promoted. Before you go and say the whole second chances thing to me; I don't see how promoting someone when people have such an adverse reaction to it and after all that has happened is a second chance, but instead giving more power to the wrong people. How is giving someone the highest power a second chance? They didn't earn back anyone's trust but instead are being rewarded.

Honesty the way a lot of staff left is unknown but I'm glad Snow (who in my opinion was one of the best staff as she tried to actually get answers and I think was the one who made the twitter active and tried to be a staff for the people instead of keeping everything behind closed doors and under wraps) has taken it upon herself to start a tumblr with some of the other staff who left. Hopefully more of the truth will come out and people will get more answers from this.

A lot of people will know from this thread and my past threads if they saw them that I have strong opinions. I haven't agreed with a lot of staff decisions or the way a lot have things have been ran, it's all well and good to say that "But the truth is, you have no idea how things work behind the scenes. You have no idea of the situations, and the control certain people had, before all of this." However, just because I/ we don't have the whole story in this and other instances doesn't mean we don't have valid arguments and concerns. I know some of the things staff have done in the past to get fired, I know some of the power that has been abused by staff in the past and the control that they have, I also know that those controls can be monitored. The fact that it wasn't monitored and things went under the radar shows how un-VMK like this is. Back in those days there would have been people checking up and monitoring staff, making sure some of the things that happened, didn't. We don't have that here, it's a small game and a small team but it's sad to know that I was told that the "control certain people had" was monitored and could be checked and wasn't. That is a failure on staffs parts, not just the people who abuse the powers but the people who didn't check or find out sooner.

I feel like this thread added more fuel to this fire because we got what we always get from staff, half truths and more questions. By giving part of the story and missing out a ton of things players had questions and concerns about, you basically burnt more bridges and made people more angry. Where do the lies end and the truth start. Snow was the staff member who TRIED to give us all TRANSPARENCY, something this game has very little off. This isn't VMK, this is a lot smaller of a game and we still have so many secrets and half truths and lack of answers. When Snow left the team, it was a terrible day because not only did we lose a great staff member but we also lost someone who was dedicated to trying to find out the truth and being a staff that people could rely on to try get answers and ask the hard questions and get to the bottom of things as best as she could.

Banning Tink's account when it was her player account first makes me sad. The fact that it has come to light that certain unreleased pins which were made by a staff member was allowed to be given to their main account and kept untradeable, but wait they got 2 other sets to give to 2 friends and 1 of those friends was a staff member! How is that not blatantly unfair to everyone else. That certain staff get UNIQUE items on their NON-STAFF ACCOUNT. How was it fair that a room on someones RIDE won BGR. That would have never happened on VMK because it's ridiculous. Competition rooms made for specific events shouldn't EVER be in the running for BGR, I wasn't playing at the time but when I saw it later on, I was appalled. You basically said "Hey you win the ride competition but ALSO a room competition" turns out they are staff now so I guess it makes sense. It always felt like an injustice to me and others, because it is. A room entered as part of a ride in a ride competition should NOT be eligible to win BGR and I don't know what was going through staff's minds when they thought it was okay, because it wasn't, it is a room that should have been judged as part of the competition and nothing else.

It's just funny to me that all these things and A LOT more have happened but nothing was ever said because firstly the forums felt more censored than North Korea and secondly people didn't want to get in trouble with game staff and knew they probably couldn't make a change.

"They abused their position, plain and simple. They showed favoritism to themselves and friends by pulling players into events, numerous times, over and over, to gain the advantage of winning multiple times in one night when everyone else had to wait in line. Said person would allow friends to test their games, allowing them to collect unearned prizes afterwards. Said person traded unauthorized items to players. Said person abused chat logs, searching people to gather information on them, to use for their own entertainment. Said person shared information about call for helps, warning people when and who had been reported. Said person shared private information between the staff members. Said person has threatened players outside of the game."

The quoted section is why a certain staff member is gone now but the parts I bolded are things that from personal knowledge and from people I trust, is what another staff member has done who got promoted. That is probably not all they have done but I didn't want to start stating things I didn't truly believe in. This is why a lot of people are upset, we don't think someone is right for the job, let alone a promotion because of all the negativity and things we feel have been done wrong. A second chance it one thing but giving them more power? I honestly can't fathom how that was agreed upon as being the best solution moving forwards. I feel like some people on the staff team are probably easily manipulated and can be pushed around and others use that to their advantage to get ahead and manipulate their way up. Maybe I'm wrong but this is how I feel.

I'm just glad players are actually speaking their minds this time after all the times myself and other have kept quiet over certain things. Hopefully the truth will come out, the players will have more of a voice and all this wouldn't be in vain.

(P.s. it was so weird logging on this morning and seeing 50 notifications. I'm thankful to all the people who liked my posts and are supporting my opinions with those likes. It means a lot. I really didn't want to sit back and give a cookie cutter response, and after I realised forum staff were letting us be so open and honest about the situation and our opinions I wanted to speak out. Glad you all enjoyed what I had to say <3)

Last edited:
Guess the vent was necessary. After all the facts, all this that happened - and more so thankfully to the truth recently posted elsewhere that I back up 100% because it's being handled right and pretty credibly shedding light to the situation accurately, I'm just curious as to what will happen next given the many reactions to the management related issues. Sincerely hope the executive decisions overall if not all will be made in the right direction for the sake of salvaging what's left of this community and game.

Pooh

Moderat-Oh Bother
Again I want to thank all the moderators for letting us be so open and doing a great job over this whole subject.

However, what I bolded from P1's post is how I feel in general. In the past on the forums anything even remotely critical or disagreeing with staff decisions have been shut down, deleted or edited. It was more prevalent earlier on with the forums but for a LONG time the forums felt censored to any sort of negative view, having an opinion was something that was dangerous back then because you didn't want to get in trouble.
Like I said, the forums is NOT the place to report members or staff. That is best done by contacting the staff team directly, which people often do. The forums is not a hub for debate, simply just discussion.

iTony

Ohana means family.
I know I am not that much of an active player in the game, but I still catch up on the forums.
I am not exactly sure what exactly happened in the game with these certain staff members.
However, there has been cases like these that I have experienced. Staff abusing powers, showing favoritism. I've seen how it all rolled out.
What happened at the end is what happened here, the staff the fired/left and new ones were promoted.

I can understand why some people think this may be unfair as someone who got promoted is doing the same thing. All I can understand is that if they got promoted by Amy, they must be doing something right. Congratulations on the Promotions! I can only see a brighter future from now on.

Laguna

~.*~:.:lone:.:~*.~
though it might seem like just a game to the community its not just a game to the staff, without a doubt more complex and probably not fun and games to be behind the scenes...so idk i might be way out of line but theres so many things I'm reading that staff has done and its just unacceptable.. clearly picked the wrong people for the job when they apparently abused their position and etc, not only is it immature but its such a lack of professionalism its just ridiculous, have some decency at least. it makes it seem like they just picked names out of a hat without being selective at all.. *shrugs*

CocoBandicoot

I haven't quit; college happened.
In regards to everyone freaking out about snow/tink being banned ingame- (i know bans are really not to be spoken about but honestly something needs to be said in regards to this issue)

1. once again, there may be another side to the story. one you don't know about, and one people really don't want to share and if these are the answers you're looking for from amy and abs, then you are more than likely not going to receive a more "clarifying" response as to why they were banned.

2. let me remind you that the staff have their reasoning for carrying out a certain action and things DO happen for a reason. and the people saying it is unfair for them to be banned, think again. that's your opinion, and rightly so, but i have seen tumblr reblogs on the confessions pages about tink's being banned in her own words and people are slandering and already creating more hype. as i keep saying no one knows what's really happening or what really happened in the past three or four days regarding the staff changes.

3. the bannings of tink and snow and the reasons behind them are really none of our business point, blank, period. we need to drop this issue entirely because now several people are crossing boundaries and many people are demanding explanations as to why the staff did what they did as if they are entitled to know. They're not. none of us are. I love you guys to death, I do, and there are so many other issues on this thread too, but this issue is really bothering me and I really don't think any of us have the right to demand an explanation to a situation that is someone else's personal business. it's better to just leave this alone and stop questioning it because you're not going to get an answer out of them if they don't want to. they don't have to tell you. you're really not entitled to know that information.

4. In regards to the majority not seeing any clarification in the OP, (NOT REGARDING THE KALI SITUATION)

Everyone wants to hear two sides of the story, right?

First off, the last thing we want to do is stoop to the level that all those hate blogs do. We are here to run a game, and make it enjoyable for everyone. Bottom line. Do not assume what you read is always the entire story, or that it is true. So, you say, “Then tell us your side of the story.” I'll get there.

You can disagree with Amy's decision to allow Kali and myself to take these positions, and you're entitled to your opinion, but that does not mean you have a say in the matter. We are human. We all say things we may regret later on. We all do it in the heat of the moment. It's easy to sit, read, and form opinions on things you don't know the entire backstory of. What has failed to be considered is our love of this game and this community. Our only goal here is to provide you with the entertainment in which you come here for. Not gossip. Not bantering, of any player. You're entitled to be upset over certain people leaving, but in most cases it was their own choice to walk away. Not ours. And from that, we move on. And we fix what wasn't working before (and there was a lot, whether you care to admit it or not) and try to make things better for everyone. You're also entitled to think we handle things poorly. But the truth is, you have no idea how things work behind the scenes. You have no idea of the situations, and the control certain people had, before all of this.

Let me clarify, players do not need to know what we discuss. Said person thinks it's a game now, and wants to bring everyone down with them, because they messed up. Big time. And they were caught.

Why was said person not allowed to return? Sticking to the facts (and no, I will not take screenshots and post them). They abused their position, plain and simple. They showed favoritism to themselves and friends by pulling players into events, numerous times, over and over, to gain the advantage of winning multiple times in one night when everyone else had to wait in line. Said person would allow friends to test their games, allowing them to collect unearned prizes afterwards. Said person traded unauthorized items to players. Said person abused chat logs, searching people to gather information on them, to use for their own entertainment. Said person shared information about call for helps, warning people when and who had been reported. Said person shared private information between the staff members. Said person has threatened players outside of the game.

This was in no way a 'witch hunt'. When word gets out of something no one should know about, something that could be detrimental to the entire community, wouldn't you investigate? That was all we did. Investigate. And upon investigating, we uncovered way more than we bargained for. And now, for no other reason than bitterness, we are the ones who will pay the price. But, we will not let it affect us. What's done is done, what's said is said, what’s going to happen will happen. When you have something toxic in the midst, it's best to get rid of it and flush the system. And we were able to do that on many levels. Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it did not happen.

I had nothing but respect for said person. I thought they were amazing, I loved them and had wonderful times with them. And they know that. More than anything it saddens me that the outcome had to be this ridiculous, immature gesture. We would have gladly given them a second chance, but their reaction was hostile. Demands and threats were made. When you are innocent, you don't attack the people who are on your side. You listen to what they have to say first, and explain. That didn't happen. Tell me, would you want someone like that back on your team? Could you trust them again after something like this?

We could go into a long rant here about others, and what they did as well. But we refuse to. What good would come of it? To add to the gossip some more? It's in the past.

I speak on behalf of myself and the other admins. We are here for YOU. For this game. We will not let anything get in the way of this, or bring our spirits down. We will do what we have to, to make it work. If you don't give us the chance, you'll never know.

And please. If you are going to comment on this, be respectful. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is no reason to cross any lines here.
how is this( the bold, red text) not clarifying in any way? We know who "said person" is. You wanted the second side to the story, correct? You got one. now you're saying that their side of the story isn't clarified enough or at all. I don't understand how it's not clarifying here, as they actually did explain themselves. they gave you their side. So tell me exactly what you're looking for them to tell you, other than "you're right, we're firing kali." or "yeah, WDW_Dreams/ Michelle was right we're bad people"?? People do tend to change themselves, you know. Maybe Michelle was nice to you, as she was nice to me, and maybe she acted differently as staff. who knows? I can see why the staff hesitate on responding to issues like these; because you demand one thing, and when they give it to you, it's not good enough for you. You go by conspiracies that haven't even been completely true or proven OR that are thought and planned with half logic that really don't make sense.

To be clear, i'm not calling anyone out, or attacking anyone, or defending anyone at all.
This is just what I've observed from past arguments and this one as well.

You know they aren't going to do what you want them to do or they're not going to say what you demand them to say, which by the way, is what i'm 98% sure abs meant by "your opinions don't matter, you don't have a say." You all basically misinterpreted that, because that's not what she said. She knows you are trying to get a specific response from her, and she's telling you that she's not going to give you the response you want her to give you. Honestly, these issues erupt into a power struggle between the moderation and staff versus the community. This has nothing to do with you not being heard or your opinions not being heard, it has to do with boundaries and respect of authoritative decisions. You aren't the one who makes the decisions, the moderation and staff team are. Some can do their jobs, some cannot. This is only the beginning and beta stages of myvmk still. We've only been open a year and a half. People, including staff, are bound to make mistakes just like we do. this is a learning experience for EVERYONE.

Again, just analyzing particular perceptions & actions of the majority to further clarify any confusion.

Last edited:

Zelena

In regards to everyone freaking out about snow/tink being banned ingame- (i know bans are really not to be spoken about but honestly something needs to be said in regards to this issue)

1. once again, there may be another side to the story. one you don't know about, and one people really don't want to share and if these are the answers you're looking for from amy and abs, then you are more than likely not going to receive a more "clarifying" response as to why they were banned.

2. let me remind you that the staff have their reasoning for carrying out a certain action and things DO happen for a reason. and the people saying it is unfair for them to be banned, think again. that's your opinion, and rightly so, but i have seen tumblr reblogs on the confessions pages about tink's being banned in her own words and people are slandering and already creating more hype. as i keep saying no one knows what's really happening or what really happened in the past three or four days regarding the staff changes.

3. the bannings of tink and snow and the reasons behind them are really none of our business point, blank, period. we need to drop this issue entirely because now several people are crossing boundaries and many people are demanding explanations as to why the staff did what they did as if they are entitled to know. They're not. none of us are. I love you guys to death, I do, and there are so many other issues on this thread too, but this issue is really bothering me and I really don't think any of us have the right to demand someone else's personal business. it's better to just leave this alone and stop questioning it because you're not going to get an answer out of them if they don't want to. they don't have to tell you. you're really not entitled to know that information.

4. In regards to the majority not seeing any clarification in the OP, (NOT REGARDING THE KALI SITUATION)

how is this( the bold, red text) not clarifying in any way? We know who "said person" is. You wanted the second side to the story, correct? You got one. now you're saying that their side of the story isn't clarified enough or at all. I don't understand how it's not clarifying here, as they actually did explain themselves. they gave you their side. So tell me exactly what you're looking for them to tell you, other than "you're right, we're firing kali." or "yeah, WDW_Dreams/ Michelle was right we're bad people"?? People do tend to change themselves, you know. Maybe Michelle was nice to you, as she was nice to me, and maybe she acted differently as staff. who knows? I can see why the staff hesitate on responding to issues like these; because you demand one thing, and when they give it to you, it's not good enough for you. You go by conspiracies that haven't even been completely true that are thought and planned with half logic that really doesn't make sense.

To be clear, i'm not calling anyone out, or attacking anyone, or defending anyone at all.
This is just what I've observed from past arguments and this one as well.

You know they aren't going to do what you want them to do or they're not going to say what you demand them to say, which by the way, is what i'm 98% abs meant by "your opinions don't matter, you don't have a say." You all basically misinterpreted that, because that's not what she said. She knows you are trying to get a specific response from her, and she's telling you that she's not going to give you the response you want her to give you. Honestly, these issues erupt into a power struggle between the moderation and staff versus the community. This has nothing to do with you not being heard or your opinions not being heard, it has to do with boundaries and respect of authoritative decisions. You aren't the one who makes the decisions, the moderation and staff team are. Some can do their jobs, some cannot. This is only the beginning and beta stages of myvmk still. We've only been open a year and a half. People, including staff, are bound to make mistakes just like we do. this is a learning experience for EVERYONE.

Again, just analyzing particular perceptions & actions or the majority to further clarify any confusion.
No matter what abs said, she said in a way that made us all feel insignificant. People may not mean what they say, but once it's said it's done and it can't be changed. I honestly don't care what she meant by "your opinions dont' matter, you don't have a say", because a lot of us believe she honestly doesn't care what we have to say. If she didn't mean that she never ever should have posted it. And she has yet to tell us she didn't mean it the way she said it.

I've heard of trouble with staff since the day I started a little or a year ago and certain staff problems obviously haven't changed since then. Most problems are dealt with in a orderly fashion in a reasonable time, it's been almost 2 years and the same problems are occurring. There is no learning, just mistake after mistake.

The fact that it has come to light that certain unreleased pins which were made by a staff member was allowed to be given to their main account and kept untradeable, but wait they got 2 other sets to give to 2 friends and 1 of those friends was a staff member! How is that not blatantly unfair to everyone else. That certain staff get UNIQUE items on their NON-STAFF ACCOUNT. How was it fair that a room on someones RIDE won BGR. That would have never happened on VMK because it's ridiculous. Competition rooms made for specific events shouldn't EVER be in the running for BGR, I wasn't playing at the time but when I saw it later on, I was appalled. You basically said "Hey you win the ride competition but ALSO a room competition" turns out they are staff now so I guess it makes sense. It always felt like an injustice to me and others, because it is. A room entered as part of a ride in a ride competition should NOT be eligible to win BGR and I don't know what was going through staff's minds when they thought it was okay, because it wasn't, it is a room that should have been judged as part of the competition and nothing else.
Just to clear the air a tiny bit here - the player you are referring to created those pins herself and was not staff at the time. The original plan was to release her other five pins in the POTC Treasure Room but unfortunately that didn't happen so it was left unreleased for the future. Though, I agree two other sets shouldn't have been given out and I had no say in the matter. Other than that incident, I can't recall any other staff receiving unique items. Very strict rules were put in place to keep staff items on their staff account.

As for a waterslide competition room being entered into the Best Guest Room, I agree! It was an oversight on my part and I never thought of adding a rule to exclude competition rooms from being entered into BGR. Unfortunately we were flooded with ride rooms being entered for that month and since I never added any exception, it would have been unfair to disqualify anyone. All other competitions after that were not allowed to enter one room for both rewards. I also addressed how judging worked a bit here.

CocoBandicoot

No matter what abs said, she said in a way that made us all feel insignificant. People may not mean what they say, but once it's said it's done and it can't be changed. I honestly don't care what she meant by "your opinions dont' matter, you don't have a say", because a lot of us believe she honestly doesn't care what we have to say. If she didn't mean that she never ever should have posted it. And she has yet to tell us she didn't mean it the way she said it.

I've heard of trouble with staff since the day I started a little or a year ago and certain staff problems obviously haven't changed since then. Most problems are dealt with in a orderly fashion in a reasonable time, it's been almost 2 years and the same problems are occurring. There is no learning, just mistake after mistake.
again, that's the way you or other people interpreted the phrase said, and that's on you quite honestly. Sure, she could have worded it differently but again, what do you EXPECT her to say? Everyone literally makes demands of what they WANT her to say, and if a staff member just happens to word something in a way that other people may interpret incorrectly, it makes them upset. You need and have to realize that all of these posts, discussions, and arguments are heated and carried through SOLELY by NEGATIVE EMOTIONS AND ANGER. when people don't get the response they want, they indirectly, subconsciously bully the staff member owning the OP with the same repetitive questions and accusations over and over and over until they get the response they want- a response that is based off of a half proven or unproven accusation or conspiracy. just because some people have "seen" things happen doesn't mean it's entirely true- it's the way the players brain interprets the situation through manipulation of emotions.

NO ONE here is looking at this from a LOGICAL point of VIEW. no one understands that if you come at a moderation team and vicious rumors and accusations are rapidly circulating around social media, they're going to be angry. JUST LIKE YOU WOULD BE. have you ever taken into consideration that maybe that's why she worded what she said the way she did?

*btw i'm not angry, just emphasizing certain points.*

Zelena

again, that's the way you or other people interpreted the phrase said, and that's on you quite honestly. Sure, she could have worded it differently but again, what do you EXPECT her to say? Everyone literally makes demands of what they WANT her to say, and if a staff member just happens to word something in a way that other people may interpret incorrectly, it makes them upset. You need and have to realize that all of these posts, discussions, and arguments are heated and carried through SOLELY by NEGATIVE EMOTIONS AND ANGER. when people don't get the response they want, they indirectly, subconsciously bully the staff member owning the OP with the same repetitive questions and accusations over and over and over until they get the response they want- a response that is based off of a half proven or unproven accusation or conspiracy.

NO ONE here is looking at this from a LOGICAL point of VIEW. no one understands that if you come at a moderation team and vicious rumors and accusations are rapidly circulating around social media, they're going to be angry. JUST LIKE YOU WOULD BE. have you ever taken into consideration that maybe that's why she worded what she said the way she did?

*btw i'm not angry, just emphasizing certain points.*
Actually I've been trying to be good about it, but saying I'm not interpreting her words which are so very clear makes me very very upset. If you say something own up to it, don't go around saying you didn't mean it cause if you didn't mean it you wouldn't say it. And if she didn't mean it, she should say it. Plain and simple. NO IF'S, AN'S OR BUTT'S. I don't care why she worded anything they way she did, if she didn't mean what she said she shouldn't have said it. If she meant something different than what she typed she should have said what she meant. I'm taking my time to reason with myself and look at others points of views, that's why my post aren't are bad as some. I just want fair staff that can present themselves in a mature manner.

*just asked a 52 years old man that if i say "your opinions don't' matter, you don't have a say", are you going to take it personally? He said yes and that he can't think of another way that could be perceived. If the person didn't mean it why did they say it then?

Geggy

In regards to everyone freaking out about snow/tink being banned ingame...

3. the bannings of tink and snow and the reasons behind them are really none of our business point, blank, period. we need to drop this issue entirely because now several people are crossing boundaries and many people are demanding explanations as to why the staff did what they did as if they are entitled to know. They're not. none of us are. I love you guys to death, I do, and there are so many other issues on this thread too, but this issue is really bothering me and I really don't think any of us have the right to demand someone else's personal business. it's better to just leave this alone and stop questioning it because you're not going to get an answer out of them if they don't want to. they don't have to tell you. you're really not entitled to know that information.
The banning of Tink and Snow have more to do with this than you might think. I saw the whole mess happen...exactly how Snow and Tink have described. The reason that this is pertinent is that it shows what kind of leadership the new admins have. Tink did absolutely nothing wrong - was in her locked room with Snow. She hadn't talked in the room because they were talking through Skype. There was literally no justifiable reason to ban her, especially when it's easy enough for Amy to delete her staff badge and rooms (and credits, since those weren't her player-earned credits). One specific new admin had recently appeared, and talked with Snow, so I can only assume that was the admin responsible for Tink's ban...though, I don't know for sure, of course.

CocoBandicoot

The banning of Tink and Snow have more to do with this than you might think. I saw the whole mess happen...exactly how Snow and Tink have described. The reason that this is pertinent is that it shows what kind of leadership the new admins have. Tink did absolutely nothing wrong - was in her locked room with Snow. She hadn't talked in the room because they were talking through Skype. There was literally no justifiable reason to ban her, especially when it's easy enough for Amy to delete her staff badge and rooms (and credits, since those weren't her player-earned credits). One specific new admin had recently appeared, and talked with Snow, so I can only assume that was the admin responsible for Tink's ban...though, I don't know for sure, of course.
Geggy, it doesn't matter. it's not the players business- you completely missed everything i said lol,
This really has nothing to do with us as a community, it is a staff issue that SHOULD NOT be questioned by the community.
Whether you believe it should be or not, does not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.