Last Day of VMK

Grant

Get high through the lows
I just spent it going around rooms observing people because my friends were in different rooms, a sad but memorable day.

I was in one of the safari rooms talking to my friends about memories.
I wasn't able to stay up until it closed, I was still in middle school and had a bed time lol.
But I was really sad that it was coming to an end.
I truly loved VMK.

Annie

Item Hoarder <3
I spent the last few minutes in the Mainstreet magic shop. I had a lot of credits in the end and I bought a few people that didnt have any magic pins one. I think I was able to buy one for three people before I got kicked off. I miss it.

InaDaze

The Confused One.
Glitter said:
Mickeymouse said:
I had stopped playing on VMK for a month, and returned and it was closed.. i was sad :'( Never got to say goodbye.
Me too. I regretted it.
That makes 3, except I was on a off-on sort of thing. Many of my friends had stopped playing over those last couple months and the computer I could play VMK with was also having really bad issues as it was getting very old. I was also addicted to many other games at the time...

I did a bit of everything on the last day, went to all the normal rooms, my own, visited friends, messaged friends, spent some time alone just appreciating the game one last time... Eventually at 4.00am I couldn't stay up any later and had to go to sleep so I missed the very end, but none of my close friends were on anyways.

Rabbit

I ended up hanging around the Castle Forecourt near the end of the day, which I never really went out of my way to do, and talked with my friends and cried...
I also had bought the newly-released Tiki Radio and put it in my Dark Ride Room so there would finally be sound in the room, instead of just the electrical sounds. I felt like I accomplished something by doing that... heh.

Foamy

I think by that time I was over it, so I wasn't particularly sad to see it go. I don't remember, though.. it was such a long time ago.

Well, I really had not played most of the last year. I would come on time to time and see friends, say hi and hang out. The last night most of my friends had come online and we all hung out in my room, visiting and remembering great times. Many staff popped by that I had known all those years and wished us all the best. It was a great last night, here are a couple of photos that I took.

QueenClarion

Lisawdw said:
Well, I really had not played most of the last year. I would come on time to time and see friends, say hi and hang out. The last night most of my friends had come online and we all hung out in my room, visiting and remembering great times. Many staff popped by that I had known all those years and wished us all the best. It was a great last night, here are a couple of photos that I took.

Hugs that room! <3

My main account got banned on the LAST day because I gave out personal information (Hey, I was giving out my AIM address ). They banned it for a week. I was like, what is the purpose? But I logged in on my other computer on a different account and I believe my last moments of VMK were in the esplanade, but I can't exactly remember it anymore

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I don't think I went on. 3 years of my life were disappearing and it saddened me too much.

I remember playing some pirates, talking with friends, then suddenly around 3 or 4 in the afternoon......BAMMMM.... I was banned!!!!!

I never knew why, really had never even so much as been warned, never really did anything wrong, have no clue why it happened. All I can think of was I was afk in a "Save VMK room" the day before for a while....... I wondered why they bothered to even ban for 1/2 of the last day.

So my last day was a bit more bitter than bittersweet. ( I still got on one of my wife's clones I think....lol)

Me and some friends walked around the park giving away all of our items so others could at least enjoy something they never were able to obtain before! It felt GREAT! We also all gathered around the Walt Statue for the Final Dance off and all said goodbye to our beloved virtual world.

Luckily, many of us met up and remained in contact long after VMK closed, I have watched friends get married, graduate from School/College and even start families of their own.

I will never forget the moment, nor how I felt the moment VMK closed their doors and we saw the pop-up....I was heartbroken and sat for a few moments in disbelief.

I hope Amy and her team can re-create what we have once lost, and I hope we don't lose it again too quickly.
:(