Since firewalls are in the chests...

Dank

The original vmk didn't have such a tight economy
Yea, it had a better economy, cause the staff cared about it. the current economy is only like this because of how these items were released. colored items? buyable rares? the only "rares" publicly released?

I have nothing against this game, but this isn't "VMK" without some sort of economy. People always wanted to "trade" to get "richer". Releasing every single item doesnt make that possible.

PudgeTheFish

Yea, it had a better economy, cause the staff cared about it. the current economy is only like this because of how these items were released. colored items? buyable rares? the only "rares" publicly released?

I have nothing against this game, but this isn't "VMK" without some sort of economy. People always wanted to "trade" to get "richer". Releasing every single item doesnt make that possible.
Lol. Calm. Pixels. Just pixels. Not-real. Everything is going to be ok... If you don't want to play with the re-released items, then quit, just one less person that complains. Im not fighting here anymore. Go play vfk.

Dank

Lol. Calm. Pixels. Just pixels. Not-real. Everything is going to be ok... If you don't want to play with the re-released items, then quit, just one less person that complains. Im not fighting here anymore. Go play vfk.
If you knew me, you'd know i didn't play vfk. i came to relive vmk, and this isnt vmk. this is some glorified chat room without an economy. youre prob one of those who are mad that they dont have stitch/inferno/some other rare without earning it. The old VMK wouldnt be anything without it's economy. same with this game.

PudgeTheFish

If you knew me, you'd know i didn't play vfk. i came to relive vmk, and this isnt vmk. this is some glorified chat room without an economy. youre prob one of those who are mad that they dont have stitch/inferno/some other rare without earning it.
Actually, I have a black flip hat, I earned it.. My stitch was given to me by a friend who quit. Also, I do not see how my items have anything to with this conversation. Finally, if you came back to relieve VMK, and in your opinion this is not VMK, you should probably leave as this is not the right place for you, right?

aliceblue

TBH all it'd take is one person to start selling them for 20k each.. then people would be like ___ sold them for this cheap... I am not paying 40k.
What it would really take is multiple people refusing to buy at inflated prices. Hold out long enough, and I guarantee the prices would come down.

We can't blame sellers for wanting to get top price for their firewalls. But we can blame ourselves for going along with it.

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
@Dank has every right to be upset. I was there when an item I cherished and hoarded that was originally released in Heart Crates was then made a host prize by vindictive staff that wanted to torture me for collecting nearly 10% of them... They literally laughed in my face and harassed me via skype to get an emotional rise out of me. The Enchanted Rose has dropped in value to less than 1/3th it's original value and is now being hoarded by others. Those same staff members feel its a game to mess with the economy but have absolutely no understanding of it. After they messed with my roses I have become numb and stopped caring. The truth is as long as the re-release of firewalls is for a limited time it won't really effect the price that much especially since it is still quite rare. @Amy has always stated that no item would be safe from being re-released but she did say those items that were the backbone of the economy would never be sold in the shops and she would only replace those lost and out of circulation. If firewalls are never re-released then the supply of "rare money" runs out and the price of firewalls will continually inflate in value. I saw someone who won a firewall who had nearly nothing to his name create a room for it called, "I won a firewall in Gold Chests". I'll tell you right now how he feels about it being re-released he is happy as hell and probably was the most excited he has ever been playing this game. I wish I could get a count of how many players came to his room to congratulate him. That being said those very same players are VITAL to this game if we don't give them something to play for and enjoy then this becomes a DEAD community. Lets all just be happy for those that win them and then rob them blind with tempting offers of clothing and such! Amen

Last edited:

Neda

@Dank has every right to be upset. I was there when an item I cherished and hoarded that was originally released in Heart Crates was then made a host prize by vindictive staff that wanted to torture me for collecting nearly 10% of them... They literally laughed in my face and harassed me via skype to get an emotional rise out of me. The Enchanted Rose has dropped in value to less than 1/3th it's original value and is now being hoarded by others. Those same staff members feel its a game to mess with the economy but have absolutely no understanding of it. After they messed with my roses I have become numb and stopped caring. The truth is as long as the re-release of firewalls is for a limited time it won't really effect the price that much especially since it is still quite rare. @Amy has always stated that no item would be safe from being re-released but she did say those items that were the backbone of the economy would never be sold in the shops and she would only replace those lost and out of circulation. If firewalls are never re-released then the supply of "rare money" runs out and the price of firewalls will continually inflate in value. I saw someone who won a firewall who had nearly nothing to his name create a room for it called, "I won a firewall in Gold Chests". I'll tell you right now how he feels about it being re-released he is happy as hell and probably was the most excited he has ever been playing this game. I wish I could get a count of how many players came to his room to congratulate him. That being said those very same players are VITAL to this game if we don't give them something to play for and enjoy then this becomes a DEAD community. Lets all just be happy for those that win them and then rob them blind with tempting offers of clothing and such! Amen
That part about the person who won a firewall and named his room that is seriously so cute! That is adorable. ;-;

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
@Neda I went to congratulate him personally and he was dancing lol with 12 other people in the room and it was #1 in the room list. It's stuff like that is VERY important to this game and community and it's a shame not everyone realizes this.

Elessar

... I don't think they just noticed? That's not what I took away from this thread at all.
And I don't think anyone's saying they're common ... they can be rare and overpriced simultaneously.
I also don't think the point of this thread was to draw attention strictly to the reappearance, but more to figure out any genuine logic as to why they're so absurdly overpriced, especially when you consider that they are just burning windows ...
Like ... what am I even supposed to do with a carelessly unattended inferno in someone's building?

Why has this become the "rare currency?" People attribute all this value to items that aren't necessarily that desirable for any reason other than a handful of people decided to make it that way, and it's pretty silly. At the end of the day, none of this stuff is real. Yet I've seen harsh fights break out all over this forum about the values of certain items fluctuating and how much specific items cost, and I've seen people called "lazy" and "entitled" just for having the opinion that it's absurd and it shouldn't cost so much.
I'm not at all opposed for working to earn or buy things - I've worked to get everything I have, because I started using my existing account pretty late and missed literally all items up until the last couple of months. I earned my own cute lil 5* Toad Car magic, and earned enough to trade for other items I wanted in the process. I'm a big fan of putting in the work required to earn stuff. I like the feeling of the reward for my labors, so to speak.
What I am opposed to is fat cats putting massive price tags on frankly unappealing items just because they can.

firewalls are ugly why do we base everything off them can we at least base it off something nice looking
Firewalls are so ugly thank you for reassuring me that I am not alone in this knowledge.
They have their practical non-economic uses, don't get me wrong ... but they are few and far between.

Whispered

nah, it was the people who complained that they didnt have any firewalls.

ex. would original vmk rerelease beta items just because people complained they werent there for beta?
VMK kinda did re-release various beta items through host events, treasure detector, etc. throughout the years so.
Oh boo hoo, baseless accusations with no proof. Seriously, you started off your post as "I'm the victim, boo hoo, I'm going to die when items are re-released", then went to "oh I'm happy that it's being re-released".

Nokuto

I honestly hope everything "rare" gets released so we don't have this economy anymore. I mean c'mon its a virtual game we shouldnt even have an economy

Lindsay

Firewalls won't go down because those that hoard them to be "rich" or keep their value up will buy up all the cheap ones and then continue to sell theirs unreasonably high. That's what I would do if I had tons of them sitting in my invo pretending I'm rich. Not to mention if firewalls go down the price of rares increase in firewall value and then the firewalls go back up because everybody wants more of them. It'd be a circle of stupidity. They only way to kill the value is to rerelease them as quest prizes or as a host prize or even in the shop at a hefty price of 20kish.

I'm not defending either side here because IMHO firewalls are completely worthless. They hold no value other than to trade with. I'm just saying go ahead and sell them cheap. Whoever you sell them to will make a quick profit and the value will remain high no matter how much you guys try and change it :/

Elessar

I would definitely be okay with firewalls dropping in prices so maYBE I COULD FINALLY GET STITCH :/
Dropping firewall prices would, if anything, make Stitch "more" expensive - would technically stay the same price, but you'd likely have to trade more firewalls for it, enough to equate pre-drop firewall values.
Or some humans would just full on raise the cost of Stitch because they can. Worked with firewalls before, why not Stitch?
No logic. Only despair.