So what happened today on VMK?

Everyone seems to be saying the same thing; "with everything going on in the community and everyone on edge, this was just unprofessional." Well don't you guys think last night's fun was something we all needed..giving to what has been going on? Life is too short and we all need to kick back and laugh once in awhile. We all know Amy and staff have been nothing but stressed lately and that's not really healthy so they decided to do what they did. :clap: I actually enjoyed the random posts last night and I'm sure majority of the community did as well. So thanks for the laughs staff, keep it up! :)

Arvin,
I'm going to start by saying that the game has always been like this. I remember back in the day
when random in-game alerts were the norm. Why is it such a witch hunt now? Everyone is too critical.
You're looking for the staff to mess up so you can tear them apart later. They're all human. Let them have
their fun. The messages were a comic relief...I'm sure the staff are having a hard enough time as it is
dealing with the rolling wave of CFH's and having to bring everyone back in that was booted.
They shouldn't have to communicate every little thing that they do...

they shouldn't have to be under a microscope all of the time.
Ok, I'll first disclose this by saying that I didn't start playing the game till April 2016, so anything before that I wouldn't know unless other people told me, so I'll take your point there. But everyone seems to be ignoring whenever I say I'm all for having fun, and that the staff should have fun too, they're running the game after all. And also ignoring everytime I say there's a time and place for everything. In one of my comments I said that I found it inappropriate because this happened right after people were getting booted from queue and a game wide dc, so the confusing announcements just adds to the confusion. I don't care about the fun announcements in the middle of the day when everything is running smoothly, I just didn't think that during a time where a host event, game-wide dc's, and boots from queue were happening was a good time for it. Regarding your comment about how they shouldn't have to communicate every little thing, I get that and I agree, they shouldn't, not everything needs to be revealed to the general playerbase, what people, not just me is asking for, is clarification, maybe after the event when things have calmed down, of what happened, like others have said, nobody knew what happened until this thread was brought up. People thought MyVMK was being hacked until it was clarified.

And regarding your comment saying that I'm waiting for the staff to mess up so I can tear them apart, do you honestly think that? I'll cast aside the assumptions you made about me because I get where you're coming from, all my comments on this thread have been negative toward staff, and that's fine, I get it. But, you don't know what my intentions are, have you ever talked to me outside of a trade or this post? I'd love it if I and other had nothing to complain about aside from having too much fun. I really really really want this game to be successful, and bullying the staff into quitting won't do that. But that's not what I'm doing, like I said before, I'm giving the staff the negative feedback that they don't want to hear, but others want them to hear. I never said for them to drop everything and make this game perfect. We as players, want to give our perspectives of how we perceive the game, not everyone has to agree, but atleast some vocal people agree with me and I'm sure a lot of silent people agree with me as well. And don't we all want everyone to be heard? I really want this game to be successful, and for anything to be successful, criticism is part of that process.

If I remember correctly, Bambi made a post just yesterday
explaining the booting and the DCs.
That should have been enough communication.
That was about her event and yes that was nice of her to come here and clear things up for some players about what happened. This is about Crash's event last night and entirely different since this entire thread is about the pop ups and such which there wasn't enough communication about. A simple "Hey guys we were just joking around during that chaos. Hope you got a laugh out of it like we did. It's nice to blow off some steam. Have a magical day! <3" and people would be like "haha yea we needed that, that was fun" would have satisfied people with the confusion since some people were scared to get banned because of that one particular pop up. Yes, another staff earlier, I don't remember who so I can't quote them, said that wouldn't happen so see? Communication. It solves everything.

Christa

probably sleeping
Ok, I'll first disclose this by saying that I didn't start playing the game till April 2016, so anything before that I wouldn't know unless other people told me, so I'll take your point there. But everyone seems to be ignoring whenever I say I'm all for having fun, and that the staff should have fun too, they're running the game after all. And also ignoring everytime I say there's a time and place for everything. In one of my comments I said that I found it inappropriate because this happened right after people were getting booted from queue and a game wide dc, so the confusing announcements just adds to the confusion. I don't care about the fun announcements in the middle of the day when everything is running smoothly, I just didn't think that during a time where a host event, game-wide dc's, and boots from queue were happening was a good time for it. Regarding your comment about how they shouldn't have to communicate every little thing, I get that and I agree, they shouldn't, not everything needs to be revealed to the general playerbase, what people, not just me is asking for, is clarification, maybe after the event when things have calmed down, of what happened, like others have said, nobody knew what happened until this thread was brought up. People thought MyVMK was being hacked until it was clarified.

And regarding your comment saying that I'm waiting for the staff to mess up so I can tear them apart, do you honestly think that? I'll cast aside the assumptions you made about me because I get where you're coming from, all my comments on this thread have been negative toward staff, and that's fine, I get it. But, you don't know what my intentions are, have you ever talked to me outside of a trade or this post? I'd love it if I and other had nothing to complain about aside from having too much fun. I really really really want this game to be successful, and bullying the staff into quitting won't do that. But that's not what I'm doing, like I said before, I'm giving the staff the negative feedback that they don't want to hear, but others want them to hear. I never said for them to drop everything and make this game perfect. We as players, want to give our perspectives of how we perceive the game, not everyone has to agree, but atleast some vocal people agree with me and I'm sure a lot of silent people agree with me as well. And don't we all want everyone to be heard? I really want this game to be successful, and for anything to be successful, criticism is part of that process.
If you look at my edited post, I changed it to be more broad.
I wasn't accusing you of anything. It was a statement toward everyone.

@Angie - The pop-up about "being banned" was to stop the influx of "gross, but following the rules" CFH's.

@Angie - The pop-up about "being banned" was to stop the influx of "gross, but following the rules" CFH's.
it's kinda confusing when you start the post off with "Arvin," lol, but all good, I understand everybody on both side's frustration

You guys act like we're just being irrational and just straight up bashing you, we're not! As someone who really really cares about this game and wants to see it be successful, I'm just telling you what I see, and what other players see. Not everyone wants to speak up for fear of being deemed as mean or overly critical by the staff and the repercussions following that, so I and others are voicing concerns that other people might be too shy or scared to say. We're not telling you not to have fun, I said in all my posts on this thread that the main purpose of this game is to have fun after all. We just want communication that's it, I understand blowing off steam, I understand hiccups in the game because real life comes first, I understand that this isn't anything you have to do, but when you're in a position of power, you have to be willing to hear the good and the bad, because ultimately, putting those things together and addressing both the good and the bad is what makes anything, whether it be a business, a website, a game, a guild, anything, successful.
I understand that completely! I wasn't gearing my response towards you, just in general. I know a lot of you are civil when voicing your opinions and concerns, and we appreciate that! But there's also some who don't. No one should be afraid to speak up to us. We want to make this game better just as much you do. There will be no negative repercussions unless you're just completely disrespectful and inappropriate when going about it.

Some people didn't see it like that as some people continue to say above if you read all the posts entirely or not just picking out certain parts. I personally knew what it was referring to but if you read further up, for example @Littlebelle didn't understand it that way and I'm sure she wasn't the only one. Personally, half of those pop ups didn't even come up for me. I read the rest of them from screenshots sent to me that night so if some people didn't see all the pop ups, it would have been more confusing. It wasn't until after I was able to read them all did it make sense what was going on.

I'm glad staff were able to have some fun last night considering how stressful it is to run the game and no longer have the time to really play themselves. It was fun after the fact because everything was running smoothly. Just like the giant troll the other night when tickets were turned into crates was fun too. Thank you to staff who have been posting on this thread and reading all of our concerns and explaining what happened and what was going on. We appreciate that and that's all we wanted.

Thank you for continuing to do what you do for us :rose::hearts::hug:

Myth

Arvin,
I'm going to start by saying that the game has always been like this. I remember back in the day
when random in-game alerts were the norm. Why is it such a witch hunt now? Everyone is too critical.
People are looking for the staff to mess up so they can tear them apart later. They're all human. Let them have
their fun. The messages were a comic relief...I'm sure the staff are having a hard enough time as it is
dealing with the rolling wave of CFH's and having to bring everyone back in that was booted.
They shouldn't have to communicate every little thing that they do...

they shouldn't have to be under a microscope all of the time.
Thank god.

It's a game, you guys need to chiiiillllllll

Id rather have staff playing around than nonexistent staff

If I remember correctly, Bambi made a post just yesterday
explaining the booting and the DCs.
That should have been enough communication.
that was one of the far most beautiful post ever made. finally someone explaining something to us rather than dust it under the rug. i'm happy she came forth and did that.
but it's kinda of irrelevant. a community member had to post asking what on earth happen. then staff came in and kinda saved it, but they should have done what bambi did. maybe things could have taken a little lighter and we won't be as crucial. i didn't even see negative criticism in bambi's post, so there's that.[DOUBLEPOST=1483635008][/DOUBLEPOST]
Some people didn't see it like that as some people continue to say above if you read all the posts entirely or not just picking out certain parts. I personally knew what it was referring to but if you read further up, for example @Littlebelle didn't understand it that way and I'm sure she wasn't the only one. Personally, half of those pop ups didn't even come up for me. I read the rest of them from screenshots sent to me that night so if some people didn't see all the pop ups, it would have been more confusing. It wasn't until after I was able to read them all did it make sense what was going on.

I'm glad staff were able to have some fun last night considering how stressful it is to run the game and no longer have the time to really play themselves. It was fun after the fact because everything was running smoothly. Just like the giant troll the other night when tickets were turned into crates was fun too. Thank you to staff who have been posting on this thread and reading all of our concerns and explaining what happened and what was going on. We appreciate that and that's all we wanted.

Thank you for continuing to do what you do for us :rose::hearts::hug:
the troll was funny LOL now that's comedy. but scaring people into banning? not funny.

I haven't read everything but to add my 2cents.

I do not have a problem with staff letting off steam and having fun. I really don't.

But I do have a problem when it happens during a Host event, especially one that was beset by server problems that kicked everyone off the game including the Hosts.

There is a time and place for everything and that was not the right time. After the event? Sure!

Last edited:

goobie

violent delights
ok dang y'all i wasn't on when it happened but cHILL oh my god this isn't some business meeting in some professional company this is literally a children's game run by (mostly) young adults

i don't even know what happened but a lot of these posts r rlly critical ??? can we just remember that staff aren't being paid for the hours they put into this game and a lot of staff don't even play on their normal account b/c of the negativity associated w/ their position ??? i'm all for asking for what u want from staff but dang we're demanding a lot from a group of volunteers

@Angel ur responses have been v polite and ty for addressing ppl's problems ur acting like a real pal !
This tbh. The messages weren't even inappropriate. It was obviously a joke and anyone treating it as something besides is taking this game a bit too seriously.

This tbh. The messages weren't even inappropriate. It was obviously a joke and anyone treating it as something besides is taking this game a bit too seriously.
I'm pretty sure all those that are criticizing, myself included, know that it was a joke and that it was all for fun. The thing that people are criticizing isn't the joke itself, but the timing of the joke, people were confused because of the queue and the game wide dc and the joke added to the confusion, I've repeated myself several times but people seem to like to skip that part about timing.
I'm not speaking directly to you Morgan, but to all those that think that all the people criticizing are taking things too seriously or is against the notion of having fun, we're just voicing our concern with what happened last night cause we care about the game. Trust me, I'm over what happened last night, everyone's said what they need to say about it and several staff clarified what happened, anything else said would just be repeating what's been said in the thread by both sides and/or irrelevant. I just don't like that people are picking apart what the critics have said and seeing only the negative parts of their posts and not the positive and then saying (while not directly but we know that you are) that the critics take the game too seriously, are too critical, etc. It's as if if someone has a different opinion or cares about something more than you, you have to resort to calling them too harsh, too serious, no-fun etc.

But it's whatever, the game will go on, I'd like to thank and commend all the staff for everything that they do, and for putting up with my rantings on this thread. And I hope everyone has a good one, I hope this thread can help the game for the better and both staff and players learn from it.

Many people will not post what they truly feeling because of fear of not winning competitions and other stuff. Sometimes criticism hurts. People can choose to be angry and put those trying to give constructive criticism down. It is for whoever is receiving it, to look at it, and say does this apply to me. How can I use this to make me a better person. To grow.
I actually do think there is a correlation here between who gives critcism and who wins competitions. I've been very vocal as to how I would like to see certain things handled, and I have never won an individual competition or gotten runner up. I have placed as a runner-up in team competitions where my teammates were never vocal about issues with the game. Those teammates have also won the individual competitions, so that's how I've come to that conclusion. It may not actually be how they choose competition winners, but to someone who has openly criticized a few things that seems like what happens. It's enough that I may not even try with the next competition because I know I won't stand a chance of placing. (If staff want to explain to me and to anyone else whose had this happen, please feel free.)

PS. You know I am also one of the first to point out when something is done really well. I will make the extra effort to encourage a staff when needed or thank a staff for a well made item. So I flow both ways.
This is also how I am. If something goes really well, I want staff to know I appreciate how things were handled, or how well events went and how well items were made.

I actually do think there is a correlation here between who gives critcism and who wins competitions. I've been very vocal as to how I would like to see certain things handled, and I have never won an individual competition or gotten runner up. I have placed as a runner-up in team competitions where my teammates were never vocal about issues with the game. Those teammates have also won the individual competitions, so that's how I've come to that conclusion. It may not actually be how they choose competition winners, but to someone who has openly criticized a few things that seems like what happens. It's enough that I may not even try with the next competition because I know I won't stand a chance of placing. (If staff want to explain to me and to anyone else whose had this happen, please feel free.)

This is also how I am. If something goes really well, I want staff to know I appreciate how things were handled, or how well events went and how well items were made.
Well I don't think I've really complained much at all to anyone, I've joked around some but nothing serious and I've never won except a team comp :) But I can also honestly say except for one comp, I don't think my entries were "winning material" esp when I look at those that did win. It's all subjective I think unless they have some sort of checklist as I've also seen rooms that blew me away and was shocked when they didn't win top prize or not even place. It's like art...one person loves a room and another doesn't think much of it.

I wasn't on to witness any of this, but it seems that a message in game saying "sorry we were just messing around" after all that could have solved a lot of the problem. Those messages were pretty comical.

You're right Coral :)

that was one of the far most beautiful post ever made. finally someone explaining something to us rather than dust it under the rug. i'm happy she came forth and did that.
but it's kinda of irrelevant. a community member had to post asking what on earth happen. then staff came in and kinda saved it, but they should have done what bambi did. maybe things could have taken a little lighter and we won't be as crucial. i didn't even see negative criticism in bambi's post, so there's that.[DOUBLEPOST=1483635008][/DOUBLEPOST]
the troll was funny LOL now that's comedy. but scaring people into banning? not funny.
I agree with you. I was so nervous when I saw that pop up.

I haven't read everything but to add my 2cents.

I do not have a problem with staff letting off steam and having fun. I really don't.

But I do have a problem when it happens during a Host event, especially one that was beset by server problems that kicked everyone off the game including the Hosts.

There is a time and place for everything and that was not the right time. After the event? Sure!
I agree with you Star. I was not a happy camper during the dc part.