Why Shells Were A Bad Idea

Foamy

It's not forcing an economy, it's just pushing unnecessary amounts of credits into the game. Which in my opinion is a very bad thing for any game... Amy really really needs to create a money sink later on... that or create items that cost a fortune, because having a stupid amount of credits flood the game won't be good in the long haul.
Interestingly enough, Amy had no idea people were making so many credits until someone mentioned it in the shoutbox this morning.

Monorail

What, then, is a viable option then for:
A. Giving a player buying power
B. Promoting trading
C. Enticing the flow of credits

I feel that the gradual retirement of items, and the shells are ideal to jump start the game. The real problem is that everyone wants MyVMK to be what VMK was when they left, NOT what it was when it first began, and that just isn't possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

To be honest, I think the shells are pretty neat! And I actually never found it hard to get into either of the rooms yesterday, maybe 5 minutes at the most was my wait time from clicking back and forth constantly

I earned just over 21k from the shells yesterday so i'm quite happy about it :)
WOW you are SUCH a liar

Geggy

Interestingly enough, Amy had no idea people were making so many credits until someone mentioned it in the shoutbox this morning.
There were a few people who made 20-35K in credits yesterday. I asked about making more rooms have higher spawn rates, but I don't think she's even considering that.

Gamecrazy

Retiring stuff early I have no problem with, and Kevin is hinting at a re-release anyway but obviously he won't just flat out say it. The thing I have a problem with is retiring items with no way to make credits other than clicking npcs every day. When VMK started on day one people earned their money right away, through minigames, which I understand aren't finished yet but my point is nothing should be retired without at least one minigame. Now we have shells, but shells dont pay enough and if they did pay a lot more, it would hurt the economy when minigames are released. The whole shell system is disastrous but my guess is when fireworks is released, they will go away.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

John

At least implimenting shells gives us something to do and some way to earn credits
If fireworks or pirates came out it would be full 24/7, just like these rooms

Geggy

At least implimenting shells gives us something to do and some way to earn credits
If fireworks or pirates came out it would be full 24/7, just like these rooms
The difference is that with Clam Digging, you have to be one of the fortunate few who are in a room that has a higher spawning frequency to make decent credits.

In mini games, there are new games that start every few seconds. Once a fireworks game was full, it started, etc.

The difference is that with Clam Digging, you have to be one of the fortunate few who are in a room that has a higher spawning frequency to make decent credits.

In mini games, there are new games that start every few seconds. Once a fireworks game was full, it started, etc.
couldn't have said it better myself. in the adventureland bazaar at about 6 this morning, the room had anywhere from 10-15 people in there and it took me an hour to make 1k. if theres much more people in the room than that, i can't get ANY credits because the lag from so many people makes me not be able to move at all, let alone see the shells before they disappear. with minigames, there will always be more games starting and you don't be directly competing for credits like with the shells, everyone has an equal opportunity to make a decent amount of credits where as with the shell game you're directly competing with people for a certain amount of credits. it sucks.

it would probably suck less for those who are having trouble if there were more rooms where a lot show up and more showed up, and they didn't disappear after a second. i understand that collecting shells is supposed to be slightly difficult, you do have to work for your credits, but it seems SO EASY for some people and it's really frustrating when you work for a while and have nearly nothing to show for it.

also, the people who are saying there isn't a problem with it are the ones who have been at it for 10+ hours and have made like 30k in credits. i was gone all day and i didn't get home till like 3am and when i got on it kind of sucked cause there were people who literally had 50k in credits, and there were still so many people on that if i went into captains quaters or adventureland bazaar, i couldn't move in the rooms at all, not even trying to get shells.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
Did Shane just...

I'm sorry that you feel this way, but I recall a game where THE only way to get money was to click on NPCs. People were upset and they wanted a game. Well, here is your game, and I'm still seeing complaint after complaint.
Honestly, people, the shell game isn't doing harm. If anything, it's helping things - items are circulating through the shops at an alarming rate.
So, the people of the forums will never be happy. There will be those people that want a game and there will be those people that are sore because a game exists. The amount of people that are against the game are fewer than those that want the game. Unfortunately, I don't see Amy changing things until a permanent way to receive credits is released.

Fruits

Would you guys like a picture of how many credits I have? Seeming how you guys don't believe I got all of my stuff from shells. Also please do not post pictures of my rooms without either tagging me or telling me before you do so.

Sincerely,
Fruits

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
One thing I will say about the shell mini game, is while it's a good way to keep people preoccupied awaiting the real mini games, is that they shouldn't have designated only 2 rooms as "the room" to be in to get the most shells, i.e. the most credits. I've already had a few people start with me because I collected 4 shells in a row in the Emporium. You have to be quick, that's it. Keep your eye on the screen and try to click on it first if you're that serious. People are becoming greedy with it, I tried to get in to a room before, and the exits were blocked by a row of people. I just brushed it off and went to a different room, but that was ridiculous. It's my understanding you only get 25 credits from collecting a shell. It's a measly 25 credits that people are going to kill each other over. I don't know if you accrue more credits in the Captain's Quarter's or the Bazaar, because I can never seem to get in to that room, but it's just meant for fun and games until the mini games open. Not to create so much tension over a few credits.

Shrimp

One thing I will say about the shell mini game, is while it's a good way to keep people preoccupied awaiting the real mini games, is that they shouldn't have designated only 2 rooms as "the room" to be in to get the most shells, i.e. the most credits. I've already had a few people start with me because I collected 4 shells in a row in the Emporium. You have to be quick, that's it. Keep your eye on the screen and try to click on it first if you're that serious. People are becoming greedy with it, I tried to get in to a room before, and the exits were blocked by a row of people. I just brushed it off and went to a different room, but that was ridiculous. It's my understanding you only get 25 credits from collecting a shell. It's a measly 25 credits that people are going to kill each other over. I don't know if you accrue more credits in the Captain's Quarter's or the Bazaar, because I can never seem to get in to that room, but it's just meant for fun and games until the mini games open. Not to create so much tension over a few credits.
Collecting shells at Matterhorn and the Emporium HAS GOT TO GO.