Disney Channel Introduces Gay's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
they don't explicitly teach about them, no. but straight is presented as the default, the normal. if it weren't, then yes that would be lovely.
The concept of normal is a societal default. It's a way for people to say if you aren't this way you aren't "normal". That way they can rationalize and make sense of what they don't understand. It is literally used as a scapegoat for people's fear of the unknown.

In reality where everyone else lives, normal is a relative and general term. It only applies to each individual person. What is normal to you, might be foreign to someone else. There is no specific sense of normalcy, it is relative to each individual person. The sooner everyone realizes this, the better off we'll all be.

And then the aliens will finally come. :P

The only thing that matters is what parents want for their child. If parents don't want their children around that kind of stuff, then don't let them watch Disney Channel. Simple solution if Disney introduces more and more of this stuff.

gravebound

not actually a grave
The concept of normal is a societal default. It's a way for people to say if you aren't this way you aren't "normal". That way they can rationalize and make sense of what they don't understand. It is literally used as a scapegoat for people's fear of the unknown.

In reality where everyone else lives, normal is a relative and general term. It only applies to each individual person. What is normal to you, might be foreign to someone else. There is no specific sense of normalcy, it is relative to each individual person. The sooner everyone realizes this, the better off we'll all be.

And then the aliens will finally come. :P
exactly, yes.

can't wait for the aliens!

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
If we allow straight characters on TV, we should allow gay characters as well. We're all equal. Hopefully we'll realize that sooner than later. END OF STORY.

VampireBoy

All of this really just comes down to how you raise your children which is if you raise your children to think being Gay is ok or being Gay is not ok. Either way there will always be concerned parents that want to keep their kids shielded from stuff until they reach a certain age so the big point is how you are going to raise your kids. Also if you are a Christian you know that in the bible it says your not supposed to be romantically involved with the same sex but it also says thou shall not judge so either way its a matter of your opinion and religion.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
thank you for pointing this out. he had some good ideas and a generally good heart, but he was still ultra old-fashioned and far from a saint.
Exactly. I hate when people act like he was this all holy man that would have been appalled by controversial things. He really was like any other man in his decade, they all smoked, drank frequently, and most white people back then were racist. People forget this because he's the face of your childhood and someone who made Mickey Mouse couldn't have possibly partaken in this behavior right?

;)

If we allow straight characters on TV, we should allow gay characters as well. We're all equal. Hopefully we'll realize that sooner than later. END OF STORY.
Aliens need to come. Sooner would be excellent.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Umm.. I don't like that this thread calls people "Gay's" Not sure if that was intentional or not, but it's rather insulting to some members of the community.

All of this really just comes down to how you raise your children which is if you raise your children to think being Gay is ok or being Gay is not ok. Either way there will always be concerned parents that want to keep their kids shielded from stuff until they reach a certain age so the big point is how you are going to raise your kids. Also if you are a Christian you know that in the bible it says your not supposed to be romantically involved with the same sex but it also says thou shall not judge so either way its a matter of your opinion and religion.
People act like homosexuality in the Bible was such a huge thing, when in reality, it just wasn't. And if people really read the Bible, they'd realize the few times homosexuality is addressed, it isn't condemned. So ya.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I'm sorry but that mentality is extremely archaic. We're in 2014. That's like saying you want to raise your kids to believe Aliens aren't real.

On a serious note, homosexuality is centuries older than Christianity. So if everyone is going to insist on bringing religion in to the matter, it's a feeble argument. If someone wants to raise their children to believe being gay is wrong that's their prerogative and they don't have to let their children watch Disney Channel. But please don't try to force biblical excerpts in anyone's face to make your argument seem more factual, because you invalidate your entire argument with obvious bias.

gravebound

not actually a grave
Umm.. I don't like that this thread calls people "Gay's" Not sure if that was intentional or not, but it's rather insulting to some members of the community.

People act like homosexuality in the Bible was such a huge thing, when in reality, it just wasn't. And if people really read the Bible, they'd realize the few times homosexuality is addressed, it isn't condemned. So ya.
not to mention that the main passage used to condemn it also use the same wording for eating shellfish and wearing clothes of mixed fabrics. hmm. i wonder if i could get some cherries from when they go picking?

also OP, you're doing a lot of backpedaling for having a first post that was very condemning.

VampireBoy

Well also just one more term from the bible it states that your not supposed to follow society because it basically explains most of society is the devils work basically but either way I don't care if your gay or a lesbian because that's not my place to judge I am just saying my whole family was raised with the Christian religion and this is what I know.

Myth

Well also just one more term from the bible it states that your not supposed to follow society because it basically explains most of society is the devils work basically but either way I don't care if your gay or a lesbian because that's not my place to judge I am just saying my whole family was raised with the Christian religion and this is what I know.
Please dont start a religious debate here. Take it into a private message, dont start this now. We all have very strong beliefs and many people will disagree with your statement there. So just dont.

karkat

yeah but literally no one except christians cares what the bible has to say
and far as i know disney doesnt indentify as a christian company
also its not like theyre the first to show a homosexual relationship, in fact many other broadcast companies have been featuring those relationship for years
disney is just trying to stay relatively current and not backwards
its hardly groundbreaking stuff here

gravebound

not actually a grave
that's all fine and dandy but you can't say "it's not my place to judge" and "i don't care what you are" and then turn right around and say that something that is a very real situation for families and children isn't suitable for them.

VampireBoy

that's all fine and dandy but you can't say "it's not my place to judge" and "i don't care what you are" and then turn right around and say that something that is a very real situation for families and children isn't suitable for them.
It would be nice if I could one day just try to make a point and be as nice as I can be about the situation without being criticized I mean is that really too much to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.