2020 MINI GAME GUIDE

epicrose

I am by no means the best at every mini game, but I am able to score well over the necessary scores for the "hard" quests.

-I would recommend playing FW with a mouse. Track pad is difficult.
-Many of the good players use arrow keys or the number pad. It's your preference. Personally, I use arrow keys, and I am able to get slightly over 8k.
-Wait to shoot the firework until it becomes a star. This will ensure a flawless rating, and will give you the highest score possible.
-Try to get as many flawless as possible. Don't sacrifice shooting a flawless when there are several fireworks on the board. If you keep shooting flawless, you get a score multiplier, which also ensures the highest score possible.
-Focus on getting as many flawless as possible during the first 3 full rounds. Don't focus as much on combos, but keep them in mind during all rounds; it's easier to shoot multiple fireworks in earlier rounds to get more points.
-The last two rounds is the time to focus on combos, but still try to get flawless. Your combos in the last 2 rounds are worth 80 and 100 points respectively, and with the flawless combo at 3x, can give you 240 points and 300 points. With the 3x flawless multiplier, each firework is 24 points. So, for example, if you hit a combo in the last round, you get 100 + 24 points for that combo (thank you @Klimt !!!!). It really helps your score.
-DO NOT use the explode all option. It really doesn't add to your score.

-I would recommend playing this game with a mouse. To further improve your score, you can also set your mouse to a higher speed in your computer options.
-AWESOME is the best rating, not flawless like in FW.
-Speed is important. You want to take a picture of the animal almost instantly after it appears.
-Aim is also important. Not only do you want to get to the animal quickly, but you need to aim towards the center of its body. A combination of speed and aim will give you the best score possible.
-I recommend holding back your ship each round, meaning holding the down arrow key for the round. That way, your boat and avoiding obstacles doesn't affect your ability to take pictures.
-Some animals have higher awesome scores than others. They usually spawn in the same spots, but not in the same order each game. These include: hyena, hippo, rhino, giraffe, lion. If you get these animals at their peak score, you can get 400+ for that single animal.
-The more you play, the more you'll recognize the game patterns, and your score will improve.

TIPS from @Mosaik :
- After each shot, return your camera to the center of the screen. This will decrease the time/distance it takes for you to get to the next animal (especially if you're not familiar to the spawn patterns).
- Focus mainly on accuracy for the first round and more on speed in 3rd round while still trying to be accurate. (2nd round i would say both are just as important).
- Don't be afraid to move the window around on your screen to make it easier on your wrist, I know I have a very particular place where I put my window.
- KEEP YOUR HAND AND WRIST LOOSE, this probably doesn't apply to everyone but tensing up can really slow you down.
- Just like every other mini game, luck has a large part in your score that game. There are absolutely "good" spawn patterns (seemingly more common and with higher point possibilities) and "bad" spawn patterns (weirdly spaced out, hard to recognize and less point possibilities)

-I would recommend using a mouse for this game, especially if you want to turn.
-To shoot, you double tap the right or left arrows, depending on which side you want to shoot. You can also use right click, but I would only use right click to shoot if you're using a mouse.
-To do quick turns, click the center of your ship rapidly. Not just once. I literally mash my mouse every time I play pirates.
-If you get stuck in the rocks, click the center of your ship rapidly to get unstuck.
-Watch out for crossfire, especially when the opposing team is playing with dutch or wench ships. It's hard to tell what is friendly fire vs what isn't.
-Conserve your ammo. You probably always want to have at least one on you, but we are all guilty of shooting ours off and having none left.
-As of 4/25/2020, there is an ammo glitch. When you shoot your ammo, it doesn't disappear from the bottom left corner of your screen. To see how much ammo you have left, you need to sail over a stray health or ammo.

-Don't play friendly.

-Haunted Mansion is fairly self explanatory. You use your mouse to move around, and press shift to vacuum the ghosts up.
-If you need to get 80 ghosts or above, I would recommend playing with a partner. Make sure you go for 3 rounds. If I'm on Green and I need to catch a lot of ghosts, the game play wins should go as follows: G/P/G
-As of 4/25/2020: Beware of "invisible walls", which are obstacles that you can't see. It's a glitch in the game.

I don't play this game. If anyone has any tips, feel free to PM me on here or on discord (epictoes#1438).

-You can get keys from POTC, FW, AND JC.

Klimt's Key Guide

Last edited:
This is awesome, thanks for this!
If I could add addition JC tips, I'd love to help

- After each shot, return your camera to the center of the screen. This will decrease the time/distance it takes for you to get to the next animal (especially if you're not familiar to the spawn patterns).
- Focus mainly on accuracy for the first round and more on speed in 3rd round while still trying to be accurate. (2nd round i would say both are just as important).
- Don't be afraid to move the window around on your screen to make it easier on your wrist, I know I have a very particular place where I put my window.
- KEEP YOUR HAND AND WRIST LOOSE, this probably doesn't apply to everyone but tensing up can really slow you down.
- Just like every other mini game, luck has a large part in your score that game. There are absolutely "good" spawn patterns (seemingly more common and with higher point possibilities) and "bad" spawn patterns (weirdly spaced out, hard to recognize and less point possibilities)

That's probably it for now

epicrose

This is awesome, thanks for this!
If I could add addition JC tips, I'd love to help

That's probably it for now
I'll copy and paste and add! I totally forgot to put the moving back to center of the screen, thank you!! <3