"Black" vs "African American"

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO

I don't think that this forum is meant for "winning" or "losing" debates, as we don't have an impartial mediator. It's not fair for someone to proclaim themselves the winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right it's not. It's to debate. Most of these topics are never ending. But if you don't debate your side or opinion, you ultimately lose. Speak up or don't.

No, not at all actually. There are some people who keep beating around the bush, and will not stop doing so. The other person in the debate may get tired of it, so instead of wasting their time trying to get a direct answer they will never get, they will just stop.

aka. they lose the debate. People don't go to town hall and just stop debating whenever they feel like it and say "agree to disagree". That's not how you debate.

I think you're taking this "winning" and "losing" thing way too seriously. You can have your own opinion, but these forums are not set up so that someone wins or loses. Now on the openvmk forums, I believe the debate section was mediated, but this isn't the case.

I'm not saying someone is going to win or lose a debate on here. But if you're trying to debate it's to prove your side right. Not give up and say "agree to disagree".

allison

I don't think that this forum is meant for "winning" or "losing" debates, as we don't have an impartial mediator. It's not fair for someone to proclaim themselves the winner.

You're right it's not. It's to debate. Most of these topics are never ending. But if you don't debate your side or opinion, you ultimately lose. Speak up or don't.

No, not at all actually. There are some people who keep beating around the bush, and will not stop doing so. The other person in the debate may get tired of it, so instead of wasting their time trying to get a direct answer they will never get, they will just stop.

aka. they lose the debate. People don't go to town hall and just stop debating whenever they feel like it and say "agree to disagree". That's not how you debate.

I think you're taking this "winning" and "losing" thing way too seriously. You can have your own opinion, but these forums are not set up so that someone wins or loses. Now on the openvmk forums, I believe the debate section was mediated, but this isn't the case.

I'm not saying someone is going to win or lose a debate on here. But if you're trying to debate it's to prove your side right. Not give up and say "agree to disagree".

Sometimes, that's all that can really be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.