Blue Inferno

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaNutty

I know it's to soon to put a value on this item since it's not released yet.
But I'm going to give you my input( for what it's worth).
Players love & collect magic, hence there will be a desire since not only is it " inferno".., but it's blue.
First time release always seems to draw in a higher demand.
As for the " recolor" of an item.. This has not effected the black flips value at all.
I personally feel it will be a higher value than regular inferno.
What's your thoughts??
Please no arguing !

PudgeTheFish

COMPLETELY AGREE. It will definitely be the highest valued item on the game :3. Its going to look AMAZING and if we a pole; blue vs red, i think blue wud win! I cannot wait to obtain mine :)! But yes i agree with u [emoji7]

Geggy

I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like! This isn't a Tink recolor, by the way...though she did make the pin. I haven't even seen it yet. :)

As far as value, I can only imagine that it will be valued fairly high. It's kind of a game-within-a-game when new items come out, to see where the general populace values an item.

Lost

I think original will stay higher. I know at least 10-20 people were saying they would sell them as soon as they got them and with such a small community, people will take lower offers to be able to sell them for a quick super rare or 2. Someone already offered bluferno for black flip whereas reg inferno is probably 2 1/2 black flips in value.

People are going to take lower offers to sell them quick which means at least for now, they won't be near inferno.

The interesting thing will be what happens after the first initial flurry of sales. Will they be desired? Will they be hoarded? Combined? No one knows really. Black flip used to be worth half a stitch and less than minnie and now it's worth roughly the same as stitch and 2-3 times minnie. Values change, demand changes.

I know a lot of infernos have been on sale recently but people aren't willing to really budge on value because the last 5-10 have sold for like 2 1/2 stitch in value, and people are willing to pay that. Bluferno wont be the same because quite a few will quick sell them and if there is not much demand and too much supply, the value will crumble.

I'm guessing it will be around 1 - 2 stitch in value.

I mean 4 are on sale and they haven't even been released. At least 20 will probably sell quickly and another 10 minimum on tentative sale.

Chill

here's how i see it:

obviously, there will be much fewer blufernos in circulation than original infernos - but it would be a mistake to assume that will dictate its value. as soon as prizes are distributed, the value will be at the mercy of the public - some people will trade theirs for 5 stitches value, and some for a mere green flip. with such a huge new item, people are going to freak out and ask for (and pay) extreme amounts for it. (remember when the castle suite room was given out at dreams month? people were trading inferno for it. then the value settled down to 20-25 walls.) my prediction is that after the chaos settles down, the price will go down significantly. i'm guessing there will be a lot of "trading red inferno for blue inferno!! trading blue inferno for red inferno!!!" and how successful those trades go down will determine (at least for me) which color inferno is worth more.

Last edited:

Lost

here's how i see it:

obviously, there will be much fewer blufernos in circulation than original infernos - but it would be a mistake to assume that will dictate its value. as soon as prizes are distributed, the value will be at the mercy of the public - some people will trade theirs for 5 stitches value, and some for a mere green flip. with such a huge new item, people are going to freak out and ask for (and pay) extreme amounts for it. (remember when the castle suite room was given out at dreams month? people were trading inferno for it. then the value settled down to 20-25 walls.) my prediction is that after the chaos settles down, the price will go down significantly. i'm guessing there will be a lot of "trading red inferno for blue inferno!! trading blue inferno for red inferno!!!" and how successful those trades go down will determine (at least for me) which color inferno is worth more.
1. I don't get where the obviously comes from. 45 infernos first gingerbread, up to 18 from first ride comp, 36 from 2nd gingerbread = 99. There was maybe 20-50 given in christmas events which means 120-150 reg inferno. We already know there is at least 150 blufernos coming into the game, up to 200. Probably around 180, which means more blufernos in-game, then add to that, that like 10-30 blufernos will be up for trade in the first few days - week, compared to up to 5 reg infernos up for trade. I don't get how obviously less blufernos will be in circulation x_x

2. I agree. It all depends what people do. Im guessing there will be A LOT more blufernos looking for red though.

Also, I agree that there will probably be hype value set on them. Remember winter sets value at christmas was crazy high and when the hype died, the value of winter sets was quite a bit lower. Who knows if same will be with blufernos but as there was like 400 or so entrants in gingerbread comp who got winter set, which for simplicity sake would put there being 200 of each set in game would mean there will probably be the same amount of teal beanies as blufernos. Rarity =/= demand. We will have to wait and see but Im guessing some people will trade blufernos for something like green flip - stitch.

Chill

1. I don't get where the obviously comes from. 45 infernos first gingerbread, up to 18 from first ride comp, 36 from 2nd gingerbread = 99. There was maybe 20-50 given in christmas events which means 120-150 reg inferno. We already know there is at least 150 blufernos coming into the game, up to 200. Probably around 180, which means more blufernos in-game, then add to that, that like 10-30 blufernos will be up for trade in the first few days - week, compared to up to 5 reg infernos up for trade. I don't get how obviously less blufernos will be in circulation x_x

2. I agree. It all depends what people do. Im guessing there will be A LOT more blufernos looking for red though.

Also, I agree that there will probably be hype value set on them. Remember winter sets value at christmas was crazy high and when the hype died, the value of winter sets was quite a bit lower. Who knows if same will be with blufernos but as there was like 400 or so entrants in gingerbread comp who got winter set, which for simplicity sake would put there being 200 of each set in game would mean there will probably be the same amount of teal beanies as blufernos. Rarity =/= demand. We will have to wait and see but Im guessing some people will trade blufernos for something like green flip - stitch.
thanks for catching that - i completely forgot that this was a team contest and just looked at the homepage and though "oh, so that means there will only be 36 in game." lol. this makes me lean towards the idea that it will be worth less than the original. green flip - stitch sounds like something that could definitely happen. i'm very curious to see how this whole fiasco will go down.

Geggy

I will say this, from my own perspective...it'll be really hard for me to offer an 'uber rare' for Blue Inferno. The value may or may not rise as high as Inferno, but I'll certainly be hard pressed to offer what some are already asking for.

I will want more than one of them, of course, but I may just have to suffer (be patient) before getting another one. ;)

MamaNutty

I agree with you all at some point.
What I have noticed is the traders are very easily influenced by other trades they see. Almost like monkey see monkey do! If a fire trades for 40k ... Oh that must be the new value... It seems like players are trying to get the most for the blue inferno by trading it quickly. I might be missing the boat, but I also don't follow the crowd as you know. It's a chance we all take.. But once it settles down & they are off the trading market ... I'll cast my line!
I most certainly would never trade it for
Green flip- stitch value.So I guess that's 1 less off the market for trade.

Lost

I agree with you all at some point.
What I have noticed is the traders are very easily influenced by other trades they see. Almost like monkey see monkey do! If a fire trades for 40k ... Oh that must be the new value... It seems like players are trying to get the most for the blue inferno by trading it quickly. I might be missing the boat, but I also don't follow the crowd as you know. It's a chance we all take.. But once it settles down & they are off the trading market ... I'll cast my line!
I most certainly would never trade it for
Green flip- stitch value.So I guess that's 1 less off the market for trade.
Well it's a small game so one trade can usually dictate the market especially if people are willing to pay that much/ sell for so little. Let's take firewalls for example. They were 20k for a LONG time, then an auction on the main site saw a firewall sell for over 40k and suddenly overnight firewalls shot up to 30k in value, and more recently 35-40k. One small thing meant the price doubled in a very short time.

I think some people who won are not interested in bluferno at all and so are trying to trade it for some super rares they actually do want right away now that they have a strong bargaining chip. The problem with this is that there will be over 20+ people will the same mindset and due to a huge influx of one item being for sale, it won't reach inferno value, especially as there will be A LOT more blue for sale than red over the next week. In my mind all they will do it set the price somewhat lower that it would have been if so many people werent hellbent on trading their bluferno right away, so if you want to get your hands on one or more, I would say when they first come out would be the best time. There is the possibility they could go down further like winter sets but atm I think they will sell lowish to start will and rise a small bit and settle at maybe 1/2 - 2/3 of reg inferno.

Good luck on your eventual sale though ;)

MamaNutty

If this is the general consensus... Mine will go down on a sinking ship with me lol!
I'm strong willed on my value already & trust me a green flip hat or a stitch hat doesn't cut it.
While I agree a lot of ppl want that ultra rare, a lot of winners are also avid magic collectors. I believe a lot more will be NOT for trade than are for trade.
Time will tell.

I agree it'll be highly valued, being the next best thing to having the original inferno. but I do think the original will stay higher in the long run, even if immediately after its release people are offering lots for blue. (:

Status
Not open for further replies.