Blue Inferno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
We're all speculating on what people will value this magic, but the real question is what would you offer for it?

For me, I don't know if I would ever offer as much for Blue Inferno as for Inferno. I mean, I want the pins, but I don't think I'm willing to offer that much for them...
If I didn't come in runner up i'd pay multiple walls in value, (If I had it :P)

Simple little econ lesson for all of those out there who don't know much about econ at all. There will be market competition amongst people trading their Blue Inferno at first which means Blue Inferno will start out being sold at the price floor (cheap/below equilibrium). Once there are fewer people trading their Blue Inferno, the magic will be sold at the price ceiling (expensive/above equilibrium), assuming their will still be demand for Blue Inferno. This doesn't go for just Blue Inferno, it goes for everything. With that being said, Blue Inferno will still of course be expensive at first. All I'm saying is that it is likely that Blue Infernos value will go up over time, whether its initial value is below or above that of the original Inferno...

And in no way does this assumption reflect my feelings towards Blue Inferno Magic, because quite frankly, I'm not a fan of recoloring/reskins (whatever you want to call it)...

Last edited:

Jeremy

Experimented 626
The hype is real. I remember Purple Ears were going for about 30-40k first day release.
Now look at the value, It's only up cause of the demand. Blue won't be worth more than Original.

Cjswag

Hex Coin to the MOOOON!
Here's how I see it ... If people settle for less than people will think it's worth less because honestly the people like us who receive it control the value market...not being mean. Haha but it's obviously in demand and with all the winners I still don't think the number of blue infernos will match the number of reds. so going on that I think it should be a bit higher in value than red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunny_bee

i agree with McLovin. Being a grand prize winner I am looking to sell mine but I am not tgoing to settle for something that is less than what I PERSONALLY think it is worth. I do think people will sell quickly as to be apart of the current trend so they know that they can sell it, but since it is inferno there will always be a market for it. I'm going to wait because I think later on when all the cheap sales have passed it will rise in value. There will still be demand and a small amount of supply left from people who actually are trading it.

Jeremy

Experimented 626
Everything drops in value
Angel Hat, Green Flip Hat, Castle Suite Room.
There will be more Blue Inferno Magic distributed throughout the year I'm sure. No one even knows what it looks like yet, I just wanna see what the future holds.

End of the Day, I in my opinion don't think Blue Inferno will go up. Some people trade cause they want to be the first with something. Recent items have shown to drop after the coming weeks

A_PiratesLife

1. I don't get where the obviously comes from. 45 infernos first gingerbread, up to 18 from first ride comp, 36 from 2nd gingerbread = 99. There was maybe 20-50 given in christmas events which means 120-150 reg inferno. We already know there is at least 150 blufernos coming into the game, up to 200. Probably around 180, which means more blufernos in-game, then add to that, that like 10-30 blufernos will be up for trade in the first few days - week, compared to up to 5 reg infernos up for trade. I don't get how obviously less blufernos will be in circulation x_x

2. I agree. It all depends what people do. Im guessing there will be A LOT more blufernos looking for red though.

Also, I agree that there will probably be hype value set on them. Remember winter sets value at christmas was crazy high and when the hype died, the value of winter sets was quite a bit lower. Who knows if same will be with blufernos but as there was like 400 or so entrants in gingerbread comp who got winter set, which for simplicity sake would put there being 200 of each set in game would mean there will probably be the same amount of teal beanies as blufernos. Rarity =/= demand. We will have to wait and see but Im guessing some people will trade blufernos for something like green flip - stitch.

there have been 4 events that have given out red inferno. There were approximately 150 total given out in those 4 events. Half the recipients of those infernos dont play anymore, hence, taking that inferno out of circulation.
In the first event ever to give out Blue Inferno they flooded the market with 180 (more than red inferno EVER was given out) and that was only 1 event. All those players are current players as well so those blue infernos are "active"

Moral to this story : After the next 2 events in VMK my trading post will read " Trading 20k for Blue Inferno"

MamaNutty

It's way to early to tell what's going to happen. They could give put any number of items but if the majority aren't willing to trade them.. Then guess what? You surely won't get them for 20k! I'm giving mine away as a gift so value doesn't mean anything to me. I was just curious what ya'all thoughts were.

Who's to say this wasnt a one time thing? They may never award blue infernos again..

Status
Not open for further replies.