Can we get more recolors?

Dank

Some of the items that I think should be recolored:

Stitch
Inferno (needs more colors!)
Sparrow (rainbow colors?!)
Bird hat (MORE COLORS)
Firewalls (where are the slightly less orange-ish colors?)
Flip Flops (i'm thinking neon green + neon pink)
Magic (colored snowman, fireworks, bat, teleportation!)
Halloween/Christmas items (colored pumpkins!)
Pins (recolored honey badger? plundering stitch?)
Rooms (we need a slightly lighter "Dark Room"!!!)

any more suggestions?

#dankforgraphicdesigner

/s

Last edited:

Pacific

I will pass along your suggestions to the rest of the team - thank you for putting in the time to offer new and fresh ideas!

Unfortunately, I don't believe we are looking for any more designers at this time, as Absolem has already closed the application process. Please feel free to keep an eye open on the forums for any further opportunities.

Recolors are fun, but I enjoy the originality of new items as well!
I think I would enjoy recolors to not be limited time items though.
#NoMoreReColors
All of this.
Though, I can't quite tell if the OP is being serious or not.

Tbh, I kinda like the recolors, and yet I kinda don't. It's neat when it's something like the spacesuits (or the fancy recolors of the HM castmember outfits and the Frozen outfits, as those kinds of recolors are really neat because it takes a single item to the next level by making it a desirable alternative item,) but when it's what happened with the maleficent dresses, it just seems cheap and disappointing.

I understand that the clothes are hard to make and that everything is pretty much volunteer based, and PLEASE NOTE that I'm not saying that I'm not grateful that we get so incredibly much each month... but eh, still stating my opinion that it feels kinda sad.

We have the unique opportunity to turn something we loved into something we love even more a decade later, and I feel that one of the crucial ways to do that is by dedicating love and time into making items (designers) and designing/making rooms (everyone) that our younger selves would be in awe of and get excited about.

Last edited:

Bindingkey

This thread derailed so hard omg

I don't really have a problem with recolors personally, but I do feel like if done for commercial value instead of providing different options, it kinda lacks appeal for me. The best example of this is the Maleficent dresses. I was really underwhelmed and I still don't have them because the designs look really cheap to me. Really it just depends on the item in question that is being recolored and how the recolor looks design-wise.

i just want more black clothes and ACTUAL RELEASED ITEMS -COUGH GREY HM COUGH-
i wouldnt mind another recolor flip hat......or those winter sweaters (of course those were from competition)

hot pink inferno pls[DOUBLEPOST=1446553229][/DOUBLEPOST]white clothes would b nice too, would love to have white shorts or some kind of white pant