Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasmine

Smh how many times has the staff added items and features that people have suggested on this forum? How many times has Amy asked for us to vote in polls and asked our opinions on game implementations before they were added.

This is one incident where players CAN'T have a say in something. Players don't have a say when staff are hired, players don't have a say when staff are fired. Players don't have a say when staff are promoted.
That's basically like saying you have an opinion when the staff could go to the restroom and when they could shower. Choosing staff, promoting staff, and firing staff is an inside private job.

If this would have been done privately no one would be arguing over anyone's promotion or demotion.
Technically, we've had a similar situation before with a previous administrator that members did not like (Kevin) due to his behavior and he was fired (because of his behavior). So yes, members can have a say in certain staff situations - especially when people feel as though they've been victimized.

Flurry

Smh how many times has the staff added items and features that people have suggested on this forum? How many times has Amy asked for us to vote in polls and asked our opinions on game implementations before they were added.

This is one incident where players CAN'T have a say in something. Players don't have a say when staff are hired, players don't have a say when staff are fired. Players don't have a say when staff are promoted.
That's basically like saying you have an opinion when the staff could go to the restroom and when they could shower. Choosing staff, promoting staff, and firing staff is an inside private job.

If this would have been done privately no one would be arguing over anyone's promotion or demotion.
Having a say on who is the staff positions for OUR community is nothing like telling them when they can use the bathroom or shower lol. Democracy my friend.

If you are going to comment on this, be respectful. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is no reason to cross any lines here.
Members of the forum, I have been seeing some disrespectful posts on this thread. Please remember to keep it respectful. Abs and the staff are under a lot of pressure and have a lot going on right now.

Thank You!
~NightWolf~

Lost

Technically, we've had a similar situation before with a previous administrator that members did not like (Kevin) due to his behavior and he was fired (because of his behavior). So yes, members can have a say in certain staff situations - especially when people feel as though they've been victimized.
Players have also been the reason that other staff have been fired too.

Zelena

Pretty sure I never said we get to decide when they do their own personal things in real life. What was said is that we don't get to have our opinions valued on the actual concerning issues involving this great game. I'd rather be able to have an opinion on staff than items, we'll get our items, but staff is what really effects the game.

For starters, I don't believe it's fair to say it's just the staff's fault. It takes two to tango after all, but with that in mind Absolem has a point in saying we don't know the ENTIRE story it would be very unjust to base our full opinions on only half of what we know. I also believe that yes the players should have a say in certain situations but that does not mean we need to know every single itty bitty detail that happens, especially when the whole story has not been revealed.

Grizeus

What is happening?
Emotions got in the way on both sides. Some of the words said by the Host who was running the late night events (not listed on the calendar) were extremely not myVMK-friendly. And the other Host who just wanted something to be done about those events also became just as hostile, but only because she was repeatedly rebuffed.

Wonder

The problem would easily be solved if staff just stopped beating around the bush and just explained what happened so the community felt included and everyone can move on with their lives. You either explain it all or stay silent. Clearly trying to make a vague post causes uproar (anyone who took a second to think could have seen that coming).

thank u

MamaNutty

I think Abs was saying you can't change their minds about certain staff who left and burnt all bridges as they went.
No misunderstanding here.
This is directly from her post:

You can disagree with Amy's decision to allow Kali and myself to take these positions, and you're entitled to your opinion, but that does not mean you havea say in the matter.

Last edited:
T

Torchy

They abused their position, plain and simple. They showed favoritism to themselves and friends by pulling players into events, numerous times, over and over, to gain the advantage of winning multiple times in one night when everyone else had to wait in line. Said person would allow friends to test their games, allowing them to collect unearned prizes afterwards. Said person traded unauthorized items to players. Said person abused chat logs, searching people to gather information on them, to use for their own entertainment.
So in reply to this, why was LisaWDW promoted?

I don't think staff need to publicly defend themselves. It just seems unprofessional.
This post won't clear up anything- it just creates more unnecessary drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.