Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly believe that many players are forgetting about the fact that the Staff who operate this game for us are all human and therefore mistakes are made. Also the Staff are doing this without receiving any financial benefit from it. They spend countless hours of their own time in order to keep MyVMK going. I am sure we can all learn from our own mistakes and strive not to repeat these mistakes. I would like to applaud Amy for making it possible for us to have the game at all. Please take a step back people and see the big picture.

No misunderstanding here.
This is directly from her post:

You can disagree with Amy's decision to allow Kali and myself to take these positions, and you're entitled to your opinion, but that does not mean you havea say in the matter.
I do congrats Abs on her promotion tho!
I don't see how Amy deciding to promote two people who have been a part of staff for a while is a bad thing. Wouldn't you want to promote the people who already know how to do the job?
That being said I don't know anything about what's being happening with Kali. If this is her second chance, I think she deserves one because everyone deserves a second chance. Most people when presented with a second chance will take it and try to do better.

Grizeus

What is happening?
I went to LisaWDW a.k.a. VMK_Kali's non-calendar-listed event on Wednesday night. Amy was there. It was very fun, but... didn't seem fair at all that it hadn't been announced anywhere else. And she had apparently been doing a lot of those events. I almost won a firewall.
It was these events that Host_Cricket took issue with, prompting VMK_Kali to respond to her with very strong language. Awful, awful language.
I'm going to remember her words whenever I see her or her name again. They came from a private chat off-game, and I wouldn't have seen them if it hadn't been shared with me, but now that I have, they're going to stick with me. I'm always going to associate Kali with those words.

MamaNutty

I don't see how Amy deciding to promote two people who have been a part of staff for a while is a bad thing. Wouldn't you want to promote the people who already know how to do the job?
That being said I don't know anything about what's being happening with Kali. If this is her second chance, I think she deserves one because everyone deserves a second chance. Most people when presented with a second chance will take it and try to do better.
Exactly you don't know anything about Kali.... Many of us players have had a BAD experience with her on her player account!
At times you don't get a second chance dear!

Lost

Just because people know how to do the job doesn't mean they are good at it or right for the position *shrugs*

I have an idea! Every Player gets to be Staff for a Day. We can have our own SECRET, unpublished events for our OWN BFF's (after we tell only them when the event will be held). Our individual bff's can test the rooms (and keep the prizes) and we will recall them to the event room multiple times and Well..... the FUN NEVER ENDS! Hopefully, there will be a judging event and we can Judge and vote for our own bff's and vice versa! Sounds like a community based theme to me!

Pirateboi

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions as to what has taken place. We (as a community) didn't get a say before now on what happened in staff matters. As for Abs Congrats. Nobody Here knows the FULL truth of all 4 staff members we lost. It wasnt just 1. Sadly I hate to see any of the staff go that have brought the game to where it was at until this point. I hope that with moving forward we hear that the actions that have taken place are being corrected and that we do not see favoritism to anyone. I think it should all be fair game to all. Favoritism is only a downhill spiral to many online games I do not want to see this one end up there.

Lost

I went to LisaWDW a.k.a. VMK_Kali's non-calendar-listed event on Wednesday night. Amy was there. It was very fun, but... didn't seem fair at all that it hadn't been announced anywhere else. And she had apparently been doing a lot of those events. I almost won a firewall.
It was these events that Host_Cricket took issue with, prompting VMK_Kali to respond to her with very strong language. Awful, awful language.
I'm going to remember her words whenever I see her or her name again. They came from a private chat off-game, and I wouldn't have seen them if it hadn't been shared with me, but now that I have, they're going to stick with me. I'm always going to associate Kali with those words.
I think I am missing something.

Aren't HOSTs meant to be the ones doing HOST events and Mods meant to be, you know, moderating the game? Also why are unannounced games giving out big ticket retired prizes, that doesn't seem very fair to me. I heard a stitch hat was auctioned in a room for 300k. Nice profit when people end up selling the credits they make for real money *shrugs*

Also lets not forget that before this happened, Kali would open up her rooms on her staff account and bring her friends in. Seems like an abuse of power. Especially when her friends get told behind the scenes information, get to know and see new items and get to know the months theme before other players because of their connections.

I'm not sure if it's just me or if reactions and words are being just being taken out of context now. I always thought we're allowed to express our opinions and they were considered, and though people have different ones doesn't make it less of a community or that nobody is being listened to because they aren't directly and explicitly addressed or if done, not properly which should be fixed. I have contacted staff via email before and they responded like the next morning, I'm sure that they will help and hear complaints on any personal level if given those who handle the issues proper courtesy. Or at least they should and return with the same kindness. I don't know every case, with every person is different how they perceived things on both sides. I don't think everything is written in black and white. Any facts or stuff that happened can be used either which way, and construed as right or wrong.

I'm not sure why it can't be all said and done with spoken differences and dislikes if the game is really cared about to get better, but I have a feeling this will all die down on it's own so. If not, then each person should really think if they are just contributing to make a commotion out of something small, past instead of acknowledging it, trying to talk to staff privately or not and other players as peacefully as possible which a few have tried I guess? Anyway, I'm cool, and just going to let this pan out as it will because I feel like I'm repeating what should be obvious. To each his or her own *shrug*

All personal feelings set aside, I appreciate the OP and that at least they are working on it, and people even those who haven't spoken up to bring a more positive light to starting new is appreciated.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
The bottom line is. This would have become an issue without the ex staff posts. Too many players have had issues with the way one staff presents herself in the game. So take away the ex staff post you would still have the same concerns. Since this is an ongoing issue with said staff. As soon as it was announce someone was bound to say they were not happy and why. It may be only one sided. But as I say again is 10 players enough that have had issues with the promoted staff. Is 20 ?. even before the post. When is enough to say there is a big problem. If you have so many players against this promotion you have to ask why. What are they seeing that I am not. It is that important to keep them as staff and have most of the people mistrust this decision. Have a space to fill. It may cause the game to stall a bit but it would be a much happier place. There seems to be a large consensus here on one staffs behavior does not warrant a promotion. I am sure others would love to do that job. Time to have them step down. Clear the air and try and mend the train track before it goes over the cliff. The big picture is for the game to go forward. You either deal with this or not. This staff may deserve a second chance but not a promotion but after so many players having issues with her in game character how many second chances do you need.

C

Christa

Maybe close this thread lol
Or delete it or something it's just making everything worse

Myth

I truly believe that many players are forgetting about the fact that the Staff who operate this game for us are all human and therefore mistakes are made. Also the Staff are doing this without receiving any financial benefit from it. They spend countless hours of their own time in order to keep MyVMK going. I am sure we can all learn from our own mistakes and strive not to repeat these mistakes. I would like to applaud Amy for making it possible for us to have the game at all. Please take a step back people and see the big picture.
Agreed!

Thanks for the post, Abs. I agree with everything you said and i'm glad that you aren't letting people hiding behind computer screens to get in the way of the game's existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.