Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost

By the way, what goes on inside the MyVMK Team is no one's business. It's unprofessional to be publicly talking about drama within the MyVMK Team.
Yes lets ignore the abuse of power. Lets ignore the abuse by staff towards players. Lets ignore the fact that 6 staff members left the game seemingly over recent events. Lets ignore the favouritism. Lets ignore the fact that some staff who people are strongly against even being staff are being promoted. Lets ignore the unprofessional behaviour of staff.

What's going on inside the team is our business because it affects us all, it affects the game and it's integrity. They obviously care more about the power and the secrets they hold instead of being open with players and letting players have a voice. Might as well rename the game StaffsVMK instead of MyVMK at this rate.

[4/30/2015 6:42:22 PM] Lisawdw: Some of you are just being b. little c.. Get the f. over yourselves. It is Amy’s game and she has final say. If you dont like it and can’t respect her muchless trust her. Leave the f game, you’re not needed here if you cant atleast accept Amy’s decisions.

Okay, why is she still here?
That is ridiculous.
This is the type of person you want as a staff? Someone disrespectful to other staff members?
Majority of members are not going to even respect them, keeping them on is only going to create further trouble.

[4/30/2015 7:18:57 PM] Absolem: we dont need to communicate everything to players.. us, different story

....So it's not a community, because things are announced to a community when it pertains to things that will affect them whether it is good or bad.

Lost

[4/30/2015 6:42:22 PM] Lisawdw: Some of you are just being b. little c.. Get the f. over yourselves. It is Amy’s game and she has final say. If you dont like it and can’t respect her muchless trust her. Leave the f game, you’re not needed here if you cant atleast accept Amy’s decisions.

Okay, why is she still here?
That is ridiculous.
This is the type of person you want as a staff? Someone disrespectful to other staff members?
Majority of members are not going to even respect them, keeping them on is only going to create further trouble.

[4/30/2015 7:18:57 PM] Absolem: we dont need to communicate everything to players.. us, different story

....So it's not a community, because things are announced to a community when it pertains to things that will affect them whether it is good or bad.
She's been reprimanded in the past from what I gather. In fact from the information given, they wanted to create a staff chat without her. It's clear to see from the records that MANY staff felt uncomfortable talking in that other chat because she was there, the way she acts, things she says. The abuse of power in the past and the way she has treated staff and players.

That's the sort of people running the game now.

Also the other admin says players don't need to know anything and nothing concerns us when it clearly does. Throughout the whole of the logs, that admin seemed to be kissing up to Amy. People acting like Amy's word should be final sounds very much like a dictatorship. When almost all staff are against something happening and the 3 that aren't against it end up coming out admins and all the other staff leave.

Yeah no problem there. Nothing shady or wrong about that. Nothing us "whiny" players need to know about, right ;)

HaleighRose

Shut up, and dance with me!
I'm so tiiiired of this...
The people defending the staff right now are bullies themselves so they see nothing wrong, want a staff position so bad that they are completely blind to the fact, or they are friends with the staff...
I'm not talking about the blogs anymore, it's about the people who have stood up and said they have felt bullied.. Not one, not two but many many more players. All from ONE staff memeber. It gives me a stomach ache that people defend this type of behavior... Where does your moral compass point exactly? !

Attachments

I'm sorry, but I just find this illogical.
If you were in a workplace environment and witnessed a manager publicly degrade another significantly younger manager in front of the rest of the management team and the general manager, -And then CUSTOMERS found out about it- you wouldn't consider that unprofessional? You wouldn't think the manager that is significantly older and is supposed to be more mature should be reprimanded for saying such things? You don't think the management team should care about what the customers think of that?
As an organization (the organization being this game) I think all players (customers) are asking for is a management team who are going to go about things professionally and respect their coworkers.

---
When I first heard about this situation I genuinely tried to sympathize with Amy and the remaining staff, but as more information surfaces I'm having an extremely hard time understanding why Amy chose to take the route she did.
That manager would have been fired on the spot. I've seen it happen.

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015
I'm so tiiiired of this...
The people defending the staff right now are bullies themselves so they see nothing wrong, want a staff position so bad that they are completely blind to the fact, or they are friends with the staff...
I'm not talking about the blogs anymore, it's about the people who have stood up and said they have felt bullied.. Not one, not two but many many more players. All from ONE staff memeber. It gives me a stomach ache that people defend this type of behavior... Where does your moral compass point exactly? !

Well guess some people just don't care what has all happened they just want to play I see it as a serious matter, I have read as most of you have what was said in conversations I saw what abs thinks of us whiny players, see now that 3 people in the admin think its cool for someone to give a clock to her best friend. Games are suppose to be for fun and should be a level playing field have integrity other personal felt that way also.
Everything is suspect now for me at least these new " hires", who would want to jump on this corrupt ship by doing that they are in agreement with what this admin did. I have a problem with people who stayed with this admin and didn't walk with the others, I feel they condone all this by staying. I see comments on the threads by some, whats the big deal comments. I find it a big deal.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
bottom line is which is more important to you. A host prize or how this game is run. By the amount of people attending host events that should tell you. So why would Amy listen if your actions are saying I will still come? Is that pixel so important?

As you can see by now they are trying to ride this out. Hopes it blows over. By supporting a host event you are actually saying it is ok what you do I will still play.

Scrooge

Moderator McDuck
Forums Moderator
As I can see this is starting to spiral once again, I will calmly point out the rules one more time: http://forums.myvmk.com/pages/rules/

Please, no harassment, flaming personal information sharing or ban discussions. Everyone has an opinion and the right to be heard, but lets be civil please.

Oh and real world trading is not allowed either in any form, game or forum. Almost forgot to add that one.

Again this thread is open and will not be closed unless it gets out of hand, but those of us on the moderating staff will continue to enforce the rules.

-Scrooge

Whether someone is PAID or not I have learned the following. You can't TEACH or GIVE someone PEOPLE SKILLS if they don't already possess them. You can't BUY INTEGRITY, SCRUPLES and MORALS or RESPECT. But, it seems you can suck up and buy your way to some things in life and try to become a BIG fish in a LITTLE pond ( especially if you climb on other peoples backs ).

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015
bottom line is which is more important to you. A host prize or how this game is run. By the amount of people attending host events that should tell you. So why would Amy listen if your actions are saying I will still come? Is that pixel so important?[/QUOTE

EXACTLY!!
That is how I feel about it !

Lost

Oh and real world trading is not allowed either in any form, game or forum. Almost forgot to add that one.
I really don't want to argue or get in trouble over this but Amy is aware of the RWT that happens and let's it happens with no bans or consequences for those who do it. If it against the rules then why are people we know who do it not banned?

Again I'm not trying to break any rules or argue with you over this but it does happen and staff know it happens and the people who do it and it is seemingly allowed.

It is just another problem with the game that needs to be addressed and answered for.

Status
Not open for further replies.