Clarifications on Recent Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all, customers are always right.
Yes. Customer service 101.

The fact that this continues to get ignored just makes all of us lose further respect. One staff in particular lost all respect from me after reading what they had said about the players. Another staff member...I can't even begin to explain how appalled I am with their lack of respect for other staff members. This game has just lost some of its best staff members. Personally, if the staff continues to ignore this and a certain staff member stays on board and there is no apology, I don't believe there is any way respect can be salvaged for those that are on the team. Nor will most players trust new staff.

Lost

Nor will most players trust new staff.
Who's to say all the new staff won't just be the friends of current staff anyway. It's hard to know what will happen. If one of the admins wants more power and convinces the other staff to let their friends be staff, then they will have even more control and power and maybe soon have the "majority vote".

Guess anything is possible now.

Cat

I am appalled, but not surprised.

That's really all I have to say.
Nice Silver Retired ears you have there, Sil. Funny how every single retired member (whether they've been forced off the team or not) has been given one. Again, there's time to promote undeserving staff members, and award 'retired' staff members medals (which is like a slap in the face imo), but there is no time to respond or acknowledge our outcry.

Players are the one who make this game what it is. None of us play because it's actually a good game. We play to relieve memories and to slip into our own secluded virtual world where we're all 12 again. Players make this game. Our opinions matter.

IM SORRY DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE THE BLATANT CONNECTIONS TO THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR I AM LITERALLY CRYING RN

brb going to throw some firewalls into the boston harbor
this comment wins

After all, customers are always right.
Yes. Customer service 101.
I know right? However as someone who has worked in retail, you quickly learn that nobody pays attention to that "rule" anymore.
I think most of that has to do with the customers who are willing to be pretty shady.

RL example of a devious customer when I worked at PETCO: Customer came in with a receipt to return something. It rang up like it was a legitimate receipt, but it was a fake (it had certain things removed from it). They removed the fact that they paid with a giftcard on the original receipt, and made it look like they payed in cash so they could get cash for the return. I was fired a week later for thinking said receipt was real and was not doctored.

Nnilak

Again, there's time to promote undeserving staff members, and award 'retired' staff members medals (which is like a slap in the face imo), but there is no time to respond or acknowledge our outcry.
I started out not too worried/upset about all of this stuff, but now what's making me upset about all of this is the fact that there are 27 pages worth of unhappy community members and nothing is being addressed about it at all. Where as the former staff members are handling the situation very professionally, answering questions in a professional manner, and handling the situation like adults. At this point I'd much rather play a game ran by them instead. I think what needs to happen here, if we want to be heard or want to see a change, we need some sort of ultimatum where we say "hey staff, if we don't have an explanation by this day, then we're going to do this." Because we could all quit and the staff would have no reason to continue, but unfortunately the likeliness of getting everybody to quit is slim, and I think that's why the staff are not worried and ignoring us until it all blows over.

awwhhh thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1430905910][/DOUBLEPOST]

if you are referring to my post, because people keep talking about it on blogs, on this thread and on facebook. i was clearly stating my observations.
In my post, it clearly says three times i'm not defending nor attacking, just bringing a few logical universal rules to the table everyone keeps forgetting.

Yes, your post because that is why I clicked reply on it. I said "If it was not the players business.....then.........why even make a post about it to the players..........?". That post never did say your post was attacking nor defensive.

Cat

I started out not too worried/upset about all of this stuff, but now what's making me upset about all of this is the fact that there are 27 pages worth of unhappy community members and nothing is being addressed about it at all. Where as the former staff members are handling the situation very professionally, answering questions in a professional manner, and handling the situation like adults. At this point I'd much rather play a game ran by them instead. I think what needs to happen here, if we want to be heard or want to see a change, we need some sort of ultimatum where we say "hey staff, if we don't have an explanation by this day, then we're going to do this." Because we could all quit and the staff would have no reason to continue, but unfortunately the likeliness of getting everybody to quit is slim, and I think that's why the staff are not worried and ignoring us until it all blows over.
I agree.
This thread is approaching 600 comments and has a steady 100 or so users viewing it whenever the forums are up. This has been consistent over the past few days. Yet there's been absolutely no word from the people we need to hear from the most. But on the other hand, you can email or personally message ex-staff members and they will respond within a very reasonable amount of time. They don't even have to do this anymore, since you know, they quit.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Again as long a players continue to support host events then they win. They do not need to answer. People are so afraid of losing the game they will not stand up against corruption. Some say well it does not affect me. Just meet you friends and play the game. They know this. They also know if they offer a rare item people will come running for it. It is beyond sad that pixels mean so much more. Now with a post about new applications for staff will be soon. With people knowing how toxic the environment it is, would really capable good caring players apply. If all those staff who left could not change it why do you think you could. Amy seems afraid of one of the staff members. I totally understand why. Because they can be beyond vicious after being on the end of one of their attacks.

Last edited:
Amy seems afraid of one of the staff members. I totally understand why. Because they can be beyond vicious after being on the end of one of there attacks.
When you are in charge overall, there is no time to be afraid. You do what you must do for the greater good. Keeping the problem around is not the greater good. I have said this in the past, if you decide to take responsibility over something like MyVMK, then you must act with professionally about it and not be a child, be an adult. And by being a child, I mean being afraid to do what is supposed to be done, by cowering away from confrontations, by ignoring situations.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
They're just waiting it out because honestly, people will wave their flags in support of change but how many are going to follow through? I feel as if only a handful of us will continue to voice our opinions loudly and let our actions speak louder than our words. Most people will give up in a few days and keep going to Host events, going on the game, etc. So why should they be worried? They won't even bother until a substantial amount actually quit. Not "VMK quit" where you just turn your forum account to invisible, but actually quit.

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015
They're just waiting it out because honestly, people will wave their flags in support of change but how many are going to follow through? I feel as if only a handful of us will continue to voice our opinions loudly and let our actions speak louder than our words. Most people will give up in a few days and keep going to Host events, going on the game, etc. So why should they be worried? They won't even bother until a substantial amount actually quit. Not "VMK quit" where you just turn your forum account to invisible, but actually quit.[/QUOTE

To me it seems, the Admin doesn't care at all what the majority of players think, nor did they seem to care what the other admins/hosts were saying before they had no choice but to walk.

If folks banded together and boycotted their events. If they had no players participating, maybe then you see something done.

Last edited:

HaleighRose

Shut up, and dance with me!
They're just waiting it out because honestly, people will wave their flags in support of change but how many are going to follow through? I feel as if only a handful of us will continue to voice our opinions loudly and let our actions speak louder than our words. Most people will give up in a few days and keep going to Host events, going on the game, etc. So why should they be worried? They won't even bother until a substantial amount actually quit. Not "VMK quit" where you just turn your forum account to invisible, but actually quit.
Completely agree. I for one havnt been on since this whole thing started, and I won't be on until it's resolved. Which probably means never.
Don't fight for change but endorse the thing you want changed.

Tons of players are gonna quit pretty soon if nothing is done and the staff are gonna be sorry that they didn't address a single thing..
Why would they be sorry, if its the people who are questioning them who quit? The only people left will be those who accept everything so.. either way they win.

Tons of players are gonna quit pretty soon if nothing is done and the staff are gonna be sorry that they didn't address a single thing..
But thats the thing, tons of players are not going to quit. There have been some already and there will be more if things don't change, but it is not enough for them to really care even though they should. there are plenty of players who don't go on forums, are friends with current staff, don't care, or just like the game or have friends and so will keep playing whether they like the situation of staff or not, as well as new members are joining all the time. Staff is just going to wait till those who care enough quit and things have calmed down and move on

Lost

I agree with what @Littlebelle said about who is going to apply to be staff. I doubt many people who actually want change will apply because we don't want certain people on the team and to have to work alongside them... Sounds like a bucket of fun.

I'm guessing most of the applications will be by:
a) Staff friends
b) People who don't question the regime
c) People who like to remain blissfully ignorant
d) People who want power/ behind the scenes access

None of those will make good candidates but they will be brought on board anyway. I doubt many people who would be good for the positions will apply after recent events.

So the staff win. Those with power get more power as they will be able to manipulate the people who join the team easily. As said in the leaks, the staff get a say in who joins and who doesn't. Let's be real, anyone questioning the current administration will either get an automatic no or have a heavy disadvantage because they don't want people who question certain people. Go read the leaks. Some of the staff who are left are "yes men".

So congratulations to all those who become new staff, I'm sure it will be SO very well DESERVED and not at all BIAS or in any way to create a pyramid of POWER for those staff left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.