Close MyVMK for 1 Month

WHO

Honestly, there's been a lot of complaining lately and I think a lot of it can be fixed if myVMK closes for a month or so. The staff of MyVMK really need to focus on getting games done rather than adding new items, putting new rooms together etc. In my honest opinion, it's ridiculous that the game is even open and there are 2 ways to get good amounts of credits. I know a lot of you are going to disagree with me, but running the game should be put on hold while Amy & Grizzly put together Pirates and Mansion. If they are constantly working on adding new items to the game, that's taking more time away to get the mini-games. There is so much complaining of "items are too expensive" or "there's nothing to do". MyVMK needs to fix that. Because it's true. Things are being mass released and are expensive and I don't think anyone here wants to play fireworks or Jungle Cruise for hours on end to get a TV set. It's just not logical. We need the other mini-games. Not only will this improve the current community but it will bring tons of new people too. That's just my two cents. Will it happen? Probably not, but it should.

Mini-games shouldn't be a chore, they should be fun.

WHO

I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure Pirates and Mansion won't be out until 1.0 is released anyway :)
Then they need to close the game and release that. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with the 1.0 stuff.

---------------------------

theres also the chance that with the game being inactive for a month that plenty of people wont come back at all, having either forgotten about it or found something better to do with their time
Odds are most members here follow the myvmk twitter account/ facebook group, so they'll remember, no worries!

Jasmine

It's actually not a bad idea.
Some people could use the break, anyway.

Odds are most members here follow the myvmk twitter account/ facebook group, so they'll remember, no worries!
I'm an active player and I don't follow either of them.
Also, I wasn't "trying to prove" anything. I was just saying that there isn't really a point in asking for the game to get shut down, because I'm sure Amy is working hard on 1.0 and I doubt she wants to release anything extravagantly new in the current server. We're lucky we have anything at all.
i dont even have fb or twitter. i agree with you.

WHO

Also, I wasn't "trying to prove" anything. I was just saying that there isn't really a point in asking for the game to get shut down, because I'm sure Amy is working hard on 1.0 and I doubt she wants to release anything extravagantly new in the current server. We're lucky we have anything at all.
I'm sure she's working hard too. But it takes a really long time to get new custom items added along with old items recoded. Her main focus should be the mini-games to end all the complaining and other problems. There are two mini-games, 3 if you count shells. That's just not logical when you're trying to run a full on game with item released, etc. Also, if you find something more important to do than MyVMK, then it's sure to be better and more important in the long run anyway, eh?

Here is a screenshot of a gif I would like to post in relation to this thread but cannot share without subjecting it to a spoiler because of some idiotic majority rule that exists to please people who still run Windows 95 and have dial-up.

edit: or serious epilepsy but like whatever if your epilepsy is so bad that you can't watch things move at a normal frame rate then what are you even doing alive

edit 2: oh i thought this thread was in rants and complaints, don't infract me please.

edit 3: icon please move this to rants and complaints so i dont have to delete this post :( plz

WHO

How'd you find out about the game then? I'm sure they could send out an e-mail.

How'd you find out about the game then? I'm sure they could send out an e-mail.
i found out thru my OVMK friends, thanks goodness lol

WHO

I think it should have all been done before the game opened. But this is beta so..
I agree and this is BETA, you're right but they need to speed up the process to get out of beta, and if they have to keep pleasing the community with more items, etc then it's just going to take longer.

mark

10 mins late to everything
theres also the chance that with the game being inactive for a month that plenty of people wont come back at all, having either forgotten about it or found something better to do with their time
then what kind of fan of vmk are you...

i dont mind with them closing it for a month i'd be pretty happy to see things progress when we came back

katiebcat

there could be a compromise, remember, vmk use to be open 10am est to 1am est. There could be a temporary temp open time and a time when the game is closed so amy can do work on the game.

WHO

The game shouldn't be all about being afk and riding rides for hours to get a hat. There should be many more things to do and 2 1/2 mini-games, just isn't cutting it. I love the community and the game and the friends I've made, so I love playing when it's open. But I'd love if they closed for a month to get stuff done.

---------------------------

there could be a compromise, remember, vmk use to be open 10am est to 1am est. There could be a temporary temp open time and a time when the game is closed so amy can do work on the game.
I was thinking this as well, however Amy is one of the only coders, so she'd still have to help get new items out, etc.