Close MyVMK for 1 Month

WHO

Not long at all actually. those are considerably small changes to the client.
From what I told by Grizzly, they take a good amount of time and work.
Adding items like clothing and pins? Not long. But rebuilding items from scratch to work with current heightmaps? (furniture) Sure.
Then he must have been misinformed or wrong. Because we were specifically talking about pins. Either way, it still takes time to get those done that should be used getting mini-games done.

Yurgle

I see ups and downs with this, also some other possibilities to work around this.

Ups: Give players a break, allow everyone to cool down and get rid of some tension. Also gives everyone a better appreciation for the game; you don't know how valuable something is until its gone!

Downs: People will lose interest, stop paying attention, and quit playing the game. It would break the momentum the game already has going forward.

Possible solution: Cool it with these crazy releases and stuff, and make the game dormant. Don't shut it down, just quit releasing things for a month. Let everyone build up some credits, ride pins, and remember that the game is about socializing and living the magic inside Disney.

Odds are most members here follow the myvmk twitter account/ facebook group, so they'll remember, no worries!
I'm an active player and I don't follow either of them.
Also, I wasn't "trying to prove" anything. I was just saying that there isn't really a point in asking for the game to get shut down, because I'm sure Amy is working hard on 1.0 and I doubt she wants to release anything extravagantly new in the current server. We're lucky we have anything at all.
I'm sure she's working hard too. But it takes a really long time to get new custom items added along with old items recoded. Her main focus should be the mini-games to end all the complaining and other problems. There are two mini-games, 3 if you count shells. That's just not logical when you're trying to run a full on game with item released, etc. Also, if you find something more important to do than MyVMK, then it's sure to be better and more important in the long run anyway, eh?
I'd like to put in my two cents:

1. If you think that by finishing either HM or Pirates is going to stop the complaining by the community, that is a sad assumption. It's very apparent that the people that play this game live for opportunities to complain about any and every thing.
2. And lastly, who are you to dictate what Amy should and shouldn't be doing? Why can't you just be happy with how the game is moving along. She's already stated there's a massive amount of work involved in correctly coding those two mini games.

People, calm yourselves. Enjoy your friends. Play some mini games (that are already released) in anticipation for 1.0 and HM and Pirates. She's apparently a better person than I am because with the amount of complaining you guys do on a daily basis, I would have shut the game down for good long ago.

Also....this is perfect.
I see ups and downs with this, also some other possibilities to work around this.

Ups: Give players a break, allow everyone to cool down and get rid of some tension. Also gives everyone a better appreciation for the game; you don't know how valuable something is until its gone!

Downs: People will lose interest, stop paying attention, and quit playing the game. It would break the momentum the game already has going forward.

Possible solution: Cool it with these crazy releases and stuff, and make the game dormant. Don't shut it down, just quit releasing things for a month. Let everyone build up some credits, ride pins, and remember that the game is about socializing and living the magic inside Disney.

WHO

Also in the ups: time to work on mini-games and get them done, that will bring a lot of older members back who get bored and don't return when they see they are only 2 mini-games available.

If people are interested in the game in the state it is now, they will be even more interested when they hear the rest of the mini-games are open.

katiebcat

Another add-on for possible solution is to bring back a closing and opening time such as 3am est to maybe 9am est, that way on early for eastern standard time and up late for the pacific time,
or have maybe once a week have a 1 day downtime

WHO

I'd like to put in my two cents:

1. If you think that by finishing either HM or Pirates is going to stop the complaining by the community, that is a sad assumption. It's very apparent that the people that play this game live for opportunities to complain about any and every thing.
2. And lastly, who are you to dictate what Amy should and shouldn't be doing? Why can't you just be happy with how the game is moving along. She's already stated there's a massive amount of work involved in correctly coding those two mini games.

People, calm yourselves. Enjoy your friends. Play some mini games (that are already released) in anticipation for 1.0 and HM and Pirates. She's apparently a better person than I am because with the amount of complaining you guys do on a daily basis, I would have shut the game down for good long ago.
It would solve a lot of complaining though, I'm not sure how you can deny that.

Also, I'm not telling Amy what to do. I'm not forcing her to do anything. I do however, have an opinion on what she should be doing, which I'm sharing here. I believe her focus should be on getting the mini-games out. It may or may not be, I haven't seen any updates in a while. And I've been told by Grizzly and Amy in the past that it takes a long time to add custom items. So if they are focusing making custom items, programing crates, etc, that's taking away from making mini-games that should have been open before the game itself. Amy seems to want to run a successful game, so here I am trying to fix the problem with the complaining, etc. People are complaining and the game simply isn't "enjoyable." Is it fun? Yes, there are fun people to talk to and hang out with. But mini-games and getting items shouldn't be a chore. This isn't real life. Playing mini-games shouldn't be an "in-job" type of thing. They should be fun, and then a reward at the end for a score. Not "play these two games to get credits so you can buy this Tv set".

---------------------------

theres also the chance that with the game being inactive for a month that plenty of people wont come back at all, having either forgotten about it or found something better to do with their time
then what kind of fan of vmk are you...

i dont mind with them closing it for a month i'd be pretty happy to see things progress when we came back
um tons of peoples lives move pretty fast and can change immensely within a month, doesn't matter how big of a fan of vmk they are.
Things in real life are going to change either way, if you have more important things to attend to, then you should be anyway?

vause

This is the best idea I've seen.

Tony Stark

I still believe in heroes.
But since this is beta, when MyVMK 1.0 opens won't all of our stuff be gone because it's beta? (That's just my experience with betas)

But I don't think we should close it down... What's the point? If it takes them longer to produce things then it takes them longer. I, for one, don't care. I'm just happy to have this form of VMK back and I don't want it going anywhere

I don't think they should close it, I think they should stop releasing items until they finish the mini games, because that will give time for everyone to earn credits and for them to work on the mini games(:

WHO

I don't think they should close it, I think they should stop releasing items until they finish the mini games, because that will give time for everyone to earn credits and for them to work on the mini games(:
The only thing that would do is get people to save up tons of money and then inflation in prices, and then new members wouldn't stick around.

I agree with the slow month downtime where item releases are very few. This will give players time to earn credits and save up while it gives Amy/other staff to program/plan out what to add to the game for the future/post beta. Aka program pirates, Haunted Mansion, and the dance game.