Close MyVMK for 1 Month

aengus

or you could just not show up for a month and pretend the game shut down and we promise not to tell you what happened :)

I think they should shut the game down for a week, or a few days. So it'll give us all a chance to go outside, experience life, and miss the game again. Something we've not been forced to do since it opened in September. People who complain are taking this game and Amy's efforts for granted. That's just my opinion.

WHO

You guys do realize that putting open and closing times won't fix anything. It won't stop the game from needing new items, and fixes, etc. And Amy is in the UK, so it'd close early. That doesn't make much sense.

In game betas, not all of the features are released. A beta is good for testing the servers and throwing stuff into the game piece by piece so they can have people try them out slowly and test for bugs.
I do not think shutting the game down would resolve anything. People would just get angrier, and things may be thrown into the game but there's no telling how well it'll work for everyone else.
I think the best solution is to slow releases to maybe a handful of new items a week, which would also give players time to actually build up enough credits to get certain things.
This would also clear the way for more time to focus on mini-games.
But hey, we have no idea how well their time-management actually is currently.
People shouldn't complain about the lack of things to do. It's a beta, it's trying to build up to what vmk used to be and possibly more. VMK was open for a few years, this hasn't been open for even one year yet. We will get the mini-games eventually. Patience ^.^

In game betas, not all of the features are released. A beta is good for testing the servers and throwing stuff into the game piece by piece so they can have people try them out slowly and test for bugs.
I do not think shutting the game down would resolve anything. People would just get angrier, and things may be thrown into the game but there's no telling how well it'll work for everyone else.
I think the best solution is to slow releases to maybe a handful of new items a week, which would also give players time to actually build up enough credits to get certain things.
This would also clear the way for more time to focus on mini-games.
But hey, we have no idea how well their time-management actually is currently.
People shouldn't complain about the lack of things to do. It's a beta, it's trying to build up to what vmk used to be and possibly more. VMK was open for a few years, this hasn't been open for even one year yet. We will get the mini-games eventually. Patience ^.^
oh my god I know who you are

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I had this idea a week or so ago, but it was because there were so many people complaining not so much as they need to focus on other things. Also I was thinking two or three days, closeing it for a month can only hurt the game. That's just my opinion.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I'm an active player and I don't follow either of them.
Also, I wasn't "trying to prove" anything. I was just saying that there isn't really a point in asking for the game to get shut down, because I'm sure Amy is working hard on 1.0 and I doubt she wants to release anything extravagantly new in the current server. We're lucky we have anything at all.
I'm sure she's working hard too. But it takes a really long time to get new custom items added along with old items recoded. Her main focus should be the mini-games to end all the complaining and other problems. There are two mini-games, 3 if you count shells. That's just not logical when you're trying to run a full on game with item released, etc. Also, if you find something more important to do than MyVMK, then it's sure to be better and more important in the long run anyway, eh?
I'd like to put in my two cents:

1. If you think that by finishing either HM or Pirates is going to stop the complaining by the community, that is a sad assumption. It's very apparent that the people that play this game live for opportunities to complain about any and every thing.
2. And lastly, who are you to dictate what Amy should and shouldn't be doing? Why can't you just be happy with how the game is moving along. She's already stated there's a massive amount of work involved in correctly coding those two mini games.

People, calm yourselves. Enjoy your friends. Play some mini games (that are already released) in anticipation for 1.0 and HM and Pirates. She's apparently a better person than I am because with the amount of complaining you guys do on a daily basis, I would have shut the game down for good long ago.

Also....this is perfect.
I see ups and downs with this, also some other possibilities to work around this.

Ups: Give players a break, allow everyone to cool down and get rid of some tension. Also gives everyone a better appreciation for the game; you don't know how valuable something is until its gone!

Downs: People will lose interest, stop paying attention, and quit playing the game. It would break the momentum the game already has going forward.

Possible solution: Cool it with these crazy releases and stuff, and make the game dormant. Don't shut it down, just quit releasing things for a month. Let everyone build up some credits, ride pins, and remember that the game is about socializing and living the magic inside Disney.
Why can't someone for once in this community offer constructive feedback without being jumped on and labeled as "ungrateful"? Progress is achieved by feedback and constructive criticism. This isn't a bad thing, why are so many of you against or even threatened by someone offering a productive suggestion?

Personally, I find this to be a reasonable idea. I don't find fault with the game shutting down for a month so progress moves along quicker. A month without worry about the current server could give Amy ample time to focus solely on the new client (1.0) and releasing that in a more timely manner. It's become evident that the release of 1.0 will remedy any and all bugs and issues on the current server, as well as the addition of the other mini-games so I see nothing but good things that could come from this suggestion.

But since this is beta, when MyVMK 1.0 opens won't all of our stuff be gone because it's beta? (That's just my experience with betas)

But I don't think we should close it down... What's the point? If it takes them longer to produce things then it takes them longer. I, for one, don't care. I'm just happy to have this form of VMK back and I don't want it going anywhere
Grizzly has said once before that all Beta items obtained during this phase will be kept on your account, so the release of 1.0 shouldn't remove any items from anyone's accounts during the beta phase.

WHO

Why can't someone for once in this community offer constructive feedback without being jumped on and labeled as "ungrateful"? Progress is achieved by feedback and constructive criticism. This isn't a bad thing, why are so many of you against or even threatened by someone offering a productive suggestion?

Personally, I find this to be a reasonable idea. I don't find fault with the game shutting down for a month so progress moves along quicker. A month without worry about the current server could give Amy ample time to focus solely on the new client (1.0) and releasing that in a more timely manner. It's become evident that the release of 1.0 will remedy any and all bugs and issues on the current server, as well as the addition of the other mini-games so I see nothing but good things that could come from this suggestion.

wow thank you

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
OR people could just stop complaining and enjoy the game we have so graciously been given. remember, a few months ago we didn't have it at all

OR people could just stop complaining and enjoy the game we have so graciously been given. remember, a few months ago we didn't have it at all
See, this is what confuses me -- how is providing criticism giving you the impression that we don't appreciate the game? Most of the time, we just want to help improve it, not take it away! Amy and the team have done a marvelous job, but absolutely nobody is perfect, and just because we don't explicitly start our posts with "I'mma let you finish, but..." doesn't mean we don't like the game or love the fact that it's back. Besides, before the game was released, focus was on the game coming back. Now that it's back, the focus is on improving it, keeping it stable and making sure the community is happy.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
See, this is what confuses me -- how is providing criticism giving you the impression that we don't appreciate the game? Most of the time, we just want to help improve it, not take it away! Amy and the team have done a marvelous job, but absolutely nobody is perfect, and just because we don't explicitly start our posts with "I'mma let you finish, but..." doesn't mean we don't like the game or love the fact that it's back. Besides, before the game was released, focus was on the game coming back. Now that it's back, the focus is on improving it, keeping it stable and making sure the community is happy.
Exactly. We love it just as much as anyone else, our efforts are just to improve it because we enjoy it and want to enjoy it at it's fullest potential.

WHO

Closing the game down for a month isn't going to hurt anyone either. If you think you're going to forget, then write yourself a note. If you find more important things to do, then odds are they are priority anyway.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Closing the game down for a month isn't going to hurt anyone either. If you think you're going to forget, then write yourself a note. If you find more important things to do, then odds are they are priority anyway.
It's 2014, we all have phones and other devices accessible to us. It's not difficult to set a reminder to go off 1 month from the day the game would close if this were to be utilized. I really don't see a feasible excuse for anyone to "forget".

WHO

It's 2014, we all have phones and other devices accessible to us. It's not difficult to set a reminder to go off 1 month from the day the game would close if this were to be utilized. I really don't see a feasible excuse for anyone to "forget".
Let's also not forget you all signed up with an e-mail that can be notified, there's twitter, the forums, FB, etc. :)

kalyee

I'm sure she's working hard too. But it takes a really long time to get new custom items added along with old items recoded. Her main focus should be the mini-games to end all the complaining and other problems. There are two mini-games, 3 if you count shells. That's just not logical when you're trying to run a full on game with item released, etc. Also, if you find something more important to do than MyVMK, then it's sure to be better and more important in the long run anyway, eh?
Clearly, since the game is in beta, she's not trying to run a full on game with items released, etc. It's beta. Not a full, completed game. I don't know of any game that shuts down in beta to release a bulk amount of features, as that really defeats the purpose of beta. Having players in beta and testers allows those features to be used and examined thoroughly by a large amount of users, and for bugs to be worked out before moving to an official release where the bulk of glitches and issues are expected to be mostly worked through.

The game shouldn't be all about being afk and riding rides for hours to get a hat. There should be many more things to do and 2 1/2 mini-games, just isn't cutting it. I love the community and the game and the friends I've made, so I love playing when it's open. But I'd love if they closed for a month to get stuff done.
Regardless of if there are more mini games released, people are still going to make the game all about doing whatever it takes to get the items they want - being afk and riding rides for hours, devoting all their time to getting credits, trading like monsters, etc. That's not going to change regardless of how long the game is shut down/how much is released.
I don't know why you assume closing the game for a month is going to move things so far along. Amy is going to do what she's going to when she's going to do it. For all you know she wouldn't move things along any faster to your standard with the game down a month, or maybe she'd move at the same speed. I rarely have the time to play, so I'm not super invested in whether it closes for a month or not, but it just seems like a really silly suggestion. If it's to get rid of complainers... Some will leave, and more will come. You can't eliminate negativity from a community. The best you can do is try and outweigh the negativity with positivity, or simply ignore it. It's impossible to get rid of completely.

I think they should shut the game down for a week, or a few days. So it'll give us all a chance to go outside, experience life, and miss the game again. Something we've not been forced to do since it opened in September. People who complain are taking this game and Amy's efforts for granted. That's just my opinion.
Honestly, if it takes shutting the game down for people to do that, there's more of a problem here than just people complaining or taking things for granted. Everyone should be able to do that on their own - and it's not like if the game is down people aren't going to find something else to waste all their time on and groan about.

Anyway, regardless of my differing opinions, it's nice to see people coming together to try and come up with something to help the community grow and stay strong in the long run. I hardly ever have the time to play anymore, but I'd like to think that when my life mellows out this game will still be around and thriving.