Doctor Who Items in VMK. What is your opinion?

Do you think Amy should refrain from putting Doctor Who items into VMK?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Geggy

This honestly is completely biased based on people who watch the show and people who don't. The game specializes in Disney lovers -- hence the entire theme of the game.

I understand Tink has made some awesome Dr Who items, and i'm not dissing them at all. I think she's an amazing designer. I just want the items to stay Disney-based and not put in a bunch of other things. If we put in Doctor Who items then people will start asking for other things and it'll just be a mess.
As I said in my original post, my answer was biased - based on my love of Doctor Who, but also that my wife was the graphics artist. ;)
Please read below for my complete response.

you're joking, correct? i get that your wife is the graphic designer but you don't need to pick at tiny strings to make her decisions look nicer. all of the things above go with Disney, because of the lands, movies, and so on. it was worth a shot though, Geggy.
No, actually I'm not joking. I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "pick at tiny strings to make her decisions look nicer." Please, elaborate because I would like to understand what you mean. Please read below for my complete response.

Yes except for magic I can all disney related info
Native America - Used to be part of Disneyland way back in the beginning of Disneyland. Frontierland still exists.Also in Disney land Paris their is a Wild Bill show with actors dressed in Native American Indian Garb as well as Cowboys.
Mardi Gras hats are sold in New Orleans at Disneyland and also at Port Orleans French Side, as well as Disneyland Paris.
Fisher man hat can be bought at Disney World
Football uniforms have to do with All Star Sports :)
Red and Pink costumes have no idea but I am sure it is connected somehow will have to think about that one.

So except for the very rare items I think it is all related to Disney somehow. Either by the land area or park resort. Dr. Who would be a really big stretch.
So, if I may elaborate on your points. As I said, items I listed could certainly be stretched to have a "Disney" connection. However, if all it takes for an item to be "Disney" is that a similar item was at the part (cowboy/native american), or that an item is sold at one of the parks (mardi gras, fisherman hat)...

then we can include Doctor Who items in the game with no hesitation. Doctor Who paraphernalia is sold in Walt Disney World at Epcot.
Search the google images for the search "What Doctor Who items are sold at Walt Disney World," and you can see for yourself.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Haha Geggy that is a big stretch because it has t do with the England Pavillion. Which is is some sort sponsored by that Country. People go here to get items from that country. So with your thinking we could have Beatles. The Effiel Tower, how about circle vision. However, given your point. If the world pavilions were added into the game I could see Dr. Who items. However I would want to see all countries represented.

You have Frontiereland at Disney is American Indian and Cowboys.
Port Orleans has Mardi Gras and not you have Princess and The Frog so that backs up Port Orleans.
You have a lot of the old Disney Cartoons with Goofy playing football.
I am sure if one is to look hard enough there will be a cartoon with Mickey or one of the characters wearing a fishing hat.
My point is you can see it is part of the parks theme.
No where will you find a Tardis in any Disney movies or theme areas except Great Britain Pavilion.
No where is there a Dr. Who theme. To have Dr. Who is a much bigger Stretch just because you can buy it in a shop. However if you can find an item of Dr. Who that you can find a Disney character wearing or using then go for it. I am sure Bed Knobs and Broomsticks had gas masks :)

I watch Dr. Who but I think by opening up one niche you need to open up others.

ZachTWB

Disneyland obsessed
As I said in my original post, my answer was biased - based on my love of Doctor Who, but also that my wife was the graphics artist. ;)
Please read below for my complete response.

No, actually I'm not joking. I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "pick at tiny strings to make her decisions look nicer." Please, elaborate because I would like to understand what you mean. Please read below for my complete response.

So, if I may elaborate on your points. As I said, items I listed could certainly be stretched to have a "Disney" connection. However, if all it takes for an item to be "Disney" is that a similar item was at the part (cowboy/native american), or that an item is sold at one of the parks (mardi gras, fisherman hat)...

then we can include Doctor Who items in the game with no hesitation. Doctor Who paraphernalia is sold in Walt Disney World at Epcot.
Search the google images for the search "What Doctor Who items are sold at Walt Disney World," and you can see for yourself.
I did not realize Epcot sold Doctor Who merchandise at the park. (I have never been to Walt Disney World Resort.) That being said I still hope Doctor Who items will not be added to VMK. Not because I hate Doctor Who but because we will have a whole load of other players wanting items from their shows in-game. Anime show items might be added, maybe Adventure Time. It won't end.

Bindingkey

This is unrelated to the debate here (which I want no part of at all), but oh my god

oh MY god
omg
OmG

I'm excited. I like to think this is step one of Disney buying Doctor Who but that's just me.

Geggy

Haha Geggy that is a big stretch because it has t do with the England Pavillion. Which is is some sort sponsored by that Country. People go here to get items from that country. So with your thinking we could have Beatles. The Effiel Tower, how about circle vision. However, given your point. If the world pavilions were added into the game I could see Dr. Who items. However I would want to see all countries represented.

You have Frontiereland at Disney is American Indian and Cowboys.
Port Orleans has Mardi Gras and not you have Princess and The Frog so that backs up Port Orleans.
You have a lot of the old Disney Cartoons with Goofy playing football.
I am sure if one is to look hard enough there will be a cartoon with Mickey or one of the characters wearing a fishing hat.
My point is you can see it is part of the parks theme.
No where will you find a Tardis in any Disney movies or theme areas except Great Britain Pavilion.
No where is there a Dr. Who theme. To have Dr. Who is a much bigger Stretch just because you can buy it in a shop. However if you can find an item of Dr. Who that you can find a Disney character wearing or using then go for it. I am sure Bed Knobs and Broomsticks had gas masks :)

I watch Dr. Who but I think by opening up one niche you need to open up others.
Oh, you have all good points. I agree that it's a stretch to include items in the game merely because paraphernalia is sold in Epcot.

However, my main point with my list is that those items aren't "Disney." Yes, there are Disney lands like frontierland that have a western theme...but the costumes in VMK aren't "Disney." They are just a cowboy and native american costume. We can make connections like that for some of the other things I listed as well...except magics...and my list was not intended to be comprehensive. Those connections are loose, at best...similar to my "sold at WDW" connection is for DW items.

Do I feel like DW items in game will somehow ruin the game? Absolutely not (gas mask hasn't). Do I think we should have a plethora of DW items in the game? No...but that wasn't what the OP was about.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
@Geggy, there's a big difference between items that have no brand affiliation (Such as cowboy pants or fishermans hat), and items pertaining to a specific theme (Doctor Who).

If we add doctor who, why not add Sherlock items? How about Avatar: The Last Airbender items? Harry Potter items? Sword Art Online? Kingdom Hearts? (Which has a lot more arguments for being in the game then Doctor Who does).

Like, i get that a lot of players in charge of the game are fans of the show, but this is (My) Virtual Magic Kingdom, not My-Virtual-Blue-Telephone-Box-Thing. Adding Doctor Who items simply separates the community.

No more Dr.Who items, it doesn't matter if Dr.Who items are sold in the UK Pavilion it still does not make it Disney, if that's your argument then Pokemon items will appear too. As for the gas mask, you can't even give that away so it's made no impact.

Navii

Majority of the items in the game are connected to Disney to some extent, with the exception of two or three items. However, you have to look at adding show-specific items from different perspectives.

1. If we were to add Dr. Who items just because it is a favored show within the players and staff, that would cause a lot of uproar with people wanting their favorite shows items in the game.
2. If we were to add Dr.Who items just because it is sold in Disney, that would cause an uproar with people wanting every item sold in Disney in the game.

Overall, adding any show-specific item can cause some jealousy between the players and what other items they want, but we have to accept the items that are even being added at all. I personally do not watch Dr.Who, but if it was added I wouldn't mind. It show's that the staff care about what their players are interested in, and that they want to keep up the morale. Of course, if Dr.Who was added I would like to see some of my favorite shows added, so would anyone else. It's just hard to keep everyone happy in such a diverse community.

Edit: Spelling Error

judging by the comments and the conflict this topic has created honestly it answers itself not to add new items. its not like were missing out on something that wasn't there before.

I was looking forward to seeing dalek hats for all players one day. And I hope it still happens. I don't think one item for such a large fandom will hurt anyone. If you don't like it, don't get it. It wouldn't even necessarily have to be rare.

Geggy

@Geggy, there's a big difference between items that have no brand affiliation (Such as cowboy pants or fishermans hat), and items pertaining to a specific theme (Doctor Who).

If we add doctor who, why not add Sherlock items? How about Avatar: The Last Airbender items? Harry Potter items? Sword Art Online? Kingdom Hearts? (Which has a lot more arguments for being in the game then Doctor Who does).

Like, i get that a lot of players in charge of the game are fans of the show, but this is (My) Virtual Magic Kingdom, not My-Virtual-Blue-Telephone-Box-Thing. Adding Doctor Who items simply separates the community.
I agree, there is a difference between generic items and specific affiliation. ;)

I think the fact that no more DW items have gone into the game beyond the gas mask is telling...but that's just me. In reality, Tink didn't make that hat to be added to the game in the first place, so I'd be surprised if you see any more non-Disney brand affiliated merchandise being sold.

I agree, there is a difference between generic items and specific affiliation. ;)

I think the fact that no more DW items have gone into the game beyond the gas mask is telling...but that's just me. In reality, Tink didn't make that hat to be added to the game in the first place, so I'd be surprised if you see any more non-Disney brand affiliated merchandise being sold.
May Tink and Amy create a Doctor Who game then? ;) Because I'm liking that hat.

Never watched Dr.who before. Honestly, I wouldn't really mind if it was added but bc I have no knowledge about it, it would be meaningless to me.

Mulan n princess tiana stuff plssssss <3 (that's disney!!!)

Myth

judging by the comments and the conflict this topic has created honestly it answers itself not to add new items. its not like were missing out on something that wasn't there before.
This.
I personally would like all the original items to return first before any new items do (which I said on Day 1). Although there are some exceptions, obviously.

There are still hundreds of items to release. Like others have stated, the most important thing that should be considered right now is releasing the items that we fell in love with in the original game, since that is what we really care about (among other things). We all know that VMK will never be the same again, but I feel that the higher priority on the list at the moment is making this game something Disney would be proud of. I realize that most of the staff running this game love Dr. Who, but I swear to the VMK Gods, if I see anymore non-disney franchise items from other franchises, I might blow a gasket. All of the Frozen items were too much for me, and they ARE Disney related.

This game is a revival, don't make it something that people will regret.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I get that some people here like Dr. Who, and they would want some things added to show off their fandom. However, if gets implemented, I'm gonna want some It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia stuff added to make it fair. That's gonna be the problem that emerges; everybody is going to ask for their favorite things to be added. It would get ugly.