Dont Support Blackfish

Do you support Blackfish or do you support SeaWorld?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VampireBoy

I know there is a lot of drama and craziness going on between Blackfish and SeaWorld and sadly Blackfish is actually starting to win this war and SeaWorld is losing money so we need more people to support SeaWorld. The people who run blackfish obviously have some sort of problem with SeaWorld because when you think about it they are not attacking any other aquariums but instead are just attacking SeaWorld and this really needs to stop. Blackfish has basically turned tons of people against SeaWorld with there supposed truth that I happen to believe is a bunch of lies in my opinion but again it still doesn't make since why they would only be attacking SeaWorld cause that almost makes it personal. SeaWorld has changed the lives for sea creatures and they have rescued so many and have been trying to teach people so much about them and also they have been trying to keep them safe from our harmful oceans that the humans are destroying with things like pollution and other stuff. So far I have not seen Blackfish attacking The Seas at Disney's Epcot or even the Florida Aquarium but yet they are attacking SeaWorld but either way we just need more people supporting SeaWorld and less people supporting Blackfish so try and help support SeaWorld people we need you.
VS

Last edited:

Myth

Orcas do not belong in captivity. at all.

Please read how many articles and books and movies support the fact that Orcas are incredibly, highly sophisticated animals who live and are happy by swimming in the ocean with their families. They are emotional and the separation anxieties they face through being separated from their families is awful. They belong in the ocean, not in captivity.

Watch the movie yourself if you haven't. Seaworld isn't bad, the fact that they're still keeping them captive is. This is unacceptable considering the type of animals they are and they need to be freed.

Last edited:

mark

10 mins late to everything
where is the button for neither I honestly hate aquariums because most don't treat them to a basic need. I think of them as "money of life" as in they care more about the money cha ching cha ching than the comfort and relaxation of the animals in the aquariums

hi tbh never liked seaworld
http://www.seaworldofhurt.com/features/ten-things-didnt-know-seaworld/

shoot ur long paragraph comments at me i rly dont give two donuts

VampireBoy

I have great news for you guys who support SeaWorld now this has not been confirmed but it has been said that Universal Studios is interested in buying out the SeaWorld parks so if that happens it should really help SeaWorld out in their fight against Blackfish because Universal Studios definitely has a huge advantage against Blackfish.

Hurricane

I have great news for you guys who support SeaWorld now this has not been confirmed but it has been said that Universal Studios is interested in buying out the SeaWorld parks so if that happens it should really help SeaWorld out in their fight against Blackfish because Universal Studios definitely has a huge advantage against Blackfish.
And Seaworld is expanding the Killer whales tanks! The tanks will have a depth of 50 feet and a surface area of 1.5 acres, the largest underwater viewing experience of killer whales.

Sophia

Meh, I'll side with Sea World. The trainers aren't allowed to swim with killer whales anymore and as for the other sea life, they are probably safer at Sea World than in open waters (plus they don't need to hunt for their food.) The Pacific Ocean is pretty much one giant radiation pool after the whole Fukushima incident, plus sea life hunting/whaling is becoming more and more popular every day. Plus the Gulf is pretty much ruined after the BP oil spill. Many sea creatures died because of that. Etc, etc, etc. Fun fact: One of the trainer ladies/commentator from Blackfish follows me on Twitter and idek why.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I watched the documentary and you can slant anything to look bad in your favour. The amount of animals sea world actually rescues and releases is not talked about. Just like in any documentary you can slant and take clips and everything to twist any facts. I actually spent a lot of time reading articles for both sides. All Pro and Cons. To often today people see one aspect of an argument and do not research all sides. So before you vote either way take time to read up on all sides. Then make up your own mind. I actually learned how much Sea World actually does in education, research to help stop the extinction of sea creatures etc. So I tend to look at the whole big picture.

So far I have not seen Blackfish attacking The Seas at Disney's Epcot or even the Florida Aquarium but yet they are attacking SeaWorld but either way we just need more people supporting SeaWorld and less people supporting Blackfish so try and help support SeaWorld people we need you.
Have you even seen Blackflish??? They aren't against aquariums... the whole case is about the mistreatment of orca whales & how they're used for entertainment purposes in shows.

And why should we support Sea World? I totally missed your argument.

VampireBoy

Have you even seen Blackflish??? They aren't against aquariums... the whole case is about the mistreatment of orca whales & how they're used for entertainment purposes in shows.

And why should we support Sea World? I totally missed your argument.
We should support SeaWorld because they have been changing the lives of sea animals for years by rescuing them and trying to keep these beautiful creatures from going extinct from all the pollution and other harmful things that humans are doing to the ocean making it basically unsafe for most sea life in the ocean.

AlphaTheEdge

TO BE TOTALLY FAIR, killer whales shouldn't be in captivity. They are too big of creatures to be contained.
HOWEVER. Seaworld shouldn't be punished. Guess what people the world is about making money. Do you know how much Shamu made for that park. Shamu made the money and put seaworld on the map. So I understand why seaworld wants to keep the whales around. I say, seaworld should release the whales, and bring in a new and safer animal to maintain in captivity or something else new and exciting. What that could be.. I'm really not sure. Do an audio anamatronic of the Loch Ness monster or mermaids or something. :p

VampireBoy

TO BE TOTALLY FAIR, killer whales shouldn't be in captivity. They are too big of creatures to be contained.
HOWEVER. Seaworld shouldn't be punished. Guess what people the world is about making money. Do you know how much Shamu made for that park. Shamu made the money and put seaworld on the map. So I understand why seaworld wants to keep the whales around. I say, seaworld should release the whales, and bring in a new and safer animal to maintain in captivity or something else new and exciting. What that could be.. I'm really not sure. Do an audio anamatronic of the Loch Ness monster or mermaids or something. :p
I do actually get what you are saying but we have to remember they are doing a huge expansion on the tanks for Shamu and stuff and also a giant animatronic Loch Ness monster or mermaids just aren't really going to cut it I mean you have to think about it this is SeaWorld not Disney World which is filled with animatronics and stuff like that.

If you're against Sea World, you should be against every zoo. They keep animals they shouldn't in captivity, like tigers, and lions, and bears, and some zoos do shows with them.

If you're against Sea World, you should be against every zoo. They keep animals they shouldn't in captivity, like tigers, and lions, and bears, and some zoos do shows with them.
you're right about that but some parks/zoos do it right for instance disneys animal kingdom the animals are treated right and with respect and there out in the open fields while on the other hand these killer whales are literally in a bathtub

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
I watched Blackfish in one of my classes this past school year and my class picked it apart. Honestly, orcas shouldn't be in captivity, period, unless they are for scientific research. They are gigantic animals who are forced to live in a cramped tank, and the amount of space they are given to swim freely isn't that large, thus the reason for their bent fin, which is from being in captivity and living in a small tank. There are zero orcas with a bent fin in the wild, but all the orcas in captivity do. I understand they're in captivity for entertainment, but try to imagine yourself as the helpless creature; living in a cramped tank with other orcas who you do/do not get along with, and being forced to perform everyday. Tiring, isn't it?

This can relate to the animals in zoo's also, but some of those animals aren't forced to perform and aren't living in cramped spaces nor are they treated poorly. ie: AK in WDW treat their animals the right way and aren't treated poorly. And most of the animals in the zoo are high on the endangered species list and are close to going extinct.

And yes, the trainers aren't in the water anymore because of the tragic incidents, and I blame SeaWorld for not taking care of the orcas the right way and letting them become stressed and attack the innocent trainers. Animals can become stressed, and when they become stressed they can do something awful. It doesn't happen with just orcas, it happens with every species of animals.

SeaWorld should have done more research on the orcas before stripping them of their natural habitat in the 1980's. If they did, none of those incidents would of happened and Blackfish would cease to exist. If they actually studied the orcas motives and how they react to certain things, ie: having their babies taken away from the mother, or how different pods treat each other, they wouldn't have people campaigning against them. The things Blackfish said could or could not be true, but I'm defending the animal, not the film. I'm just picking factual and obvious points.

We should support SeaWorld because they have been changing the lives of sea animals for years by rescuing them and trying to keep these beautiful creatures from going extinct from all the pollution and other harmful things that humans are doing to the ocean making it basically unsafe for most sea life in the ocean.
You obviously have not seen the documentary. Here's a recap of what occurs: http://www.seaworldofhurt.com/features/8-reasons-orcas-dont-belong-seaworld/

Agreed, I don't believe any animals should be kept captive, if you want to see them then you should go to their natural habitats in my opinion. Unfortunately that's not practical/convenient and it will never change :/

Myth

And Seaworld is expanding the Killer whales tanks! The tanks will have a depth of 50 feet and a surface area of 1.5 acres, the largest underwater viewing experience of killer whales.
This will have no effect on their captivity. The fact that they're not with their entire families, cannot be free and happy is very obvious. There is so much proof about how sophisticated they are and how negative their captivity is to their lives. Normal orcas in the wild can live as long as humans, even longer; orcas in captivity usually die after 8-9 years. Wild males live around 29 years on average, with a maximum of 50–60 years and wild females live an average of 50 years, with a maximum of 80–90 years.

The facts are there. You can choose to follow them or not, but an enormous group of people are fighting day and night to free the orcas. They are vital to the ocean ecosystem and they do not belong in SeaWorld or any other aquarium.