Dont Support Blackfish

Do you support Blackfish or do you support SeaWorld?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I very much think that this debate will never be solved so why don't debate on something a little more positive (and delicious if I may add) like string cheese; how does it obtain it's string-y nature? hm?​

Last edited by a moderator:
I very much think that this debate will never be solved so why don't debate on something a little more positive (and delicious if I may add) like string cheese; how does it obtain it's string-y nature? hm?​

String cheese is salted mozzarella that's heated to a high temperature and pulled like taffy. Problem solved. xD

This is clearly a debate thread, and so I will be moving it to the appropriate area.

Please be considerate of other peoples opinions on this subject. Just because someone disagrees with your point of view does not make them wrong!

Stay on topic and be civil, or this thread will need to be closed.

Thanks for understanding!

Last edited:

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I'm not gonna read all of the comments so I don't know if this has already been said,

but this is exactly what zoos do. Humans are guilty of "speciesism," which means that humans are less tolerant towards animals because they're of a different species. We think that we should have total control over all animals to use for our pure enjoyment.

Personally, I don't know enough about either side to support one. I've seen Blackfish, but I also know how one-sided documentaries can be, and how editing can work wonders for one opponent. If it was 100% authentic then I would support blackfish, however none of us really know if it is. I'm not sure if Seaworld really does make life better for the orcas, I'm sure it's helped some and harmed some, but personally I don't believe that wild animals should be kept in captivity solely for our enjoyment.

or maybe that's just my crazy vegan side coming out oops

edit: i read some posts and omg some of you need to take a breather, it's a debate and you can agree to disagree
literally in love with you. :aww:

I could argue about this for a very long time, but it's a highly controversial topic. I hope this thread gets closed, no hard feelings. There's nothing wrong with loving SeaWorld, but the Orcas shouldn't be contained when their brains are developed to be in large oceans. Just my $0.2!
I just don't see why controversial topics can't be discussed without people getting their panties in a twist and wishing for the thread to be closed.[DOUBLEPOST=1408725891][/DOUBLEPOST]

you win forum post of the year hands down.

And yes, I agree. I don't think this debate will ever conclude because people aren't really looking at the facts, they're taking a film for reality with little to no research on the issue. It's sad that so many people are willing to be TOLD what to think by a group of TV producers rather than forming their own knowledgeable opinions.

Monorail

Although I'm neutral with any facts that Blackfish portrays, I am not in support of Blackfish.

I think it's important to understand that although Blackfish claims that SeaWorld has a ulterior motive to capturing animals [profit], I firmly believe that Blackfish and it's creator also have an ulterior motive. If you remember, around the time Blackfish was released, reports came out of dolphins being slaughtered for no purpose on the shores of Japan. Where is the internet activism against Japan? Why is there no "JapanFish" documentary? Think about it. Before reading this, you may not even remember that the dolphin killings happened.

Regardless of the truth involved, BlackFish is just another example of sensationalized media. You can relate to it because you know what SeaWorld is. You've been there, heard about it, maybe know someone that works there. When you take something that people are familiar with, and put out an opinion that is contradictory to the norm, people will take an obviously biased opinion with NO research done on their own. Had Blackfish been made about issues like whalers or dolphin killings in Japan, the documentary would end up on Netflix and you would have never seen it.

True? Maybe.
Innocent? No.

I don't support Blackfish.