Flash sale

Should flash sales be implemented?

• No

Votes: 34 50.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 50.0%

• Total voters

Kendzxo

Maybe another flash sale that lasts a few hours but you can still only buy one per person? I bought one but I don't think it was fair what so ever and I also didn't like that the second certain people who bought one were trying to sell it in the emporium literally a minute later before they were even tradable. I see way too many people who were lucky enough to get one selling them way over priced when I know a few people who were extremly upset because they genuinely liked and wanted the beanie. It's just really upsetting

Well actually, the idea is we do a lot of these at different times (some even when hardly anyone is on) so that everyone gets a chance to get a rare (not the same item obviously).
But it would be really nice for everyone to get a chance to get the same item sold for at least a day? I mean there's some pins that have been released like that and it's had more of a fair chance for everyone.

People get really greedy with what they want to sell the black beanie for and it's just really saddening[DOUBLEPOST=1463013481][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe another flash sale that lasts a few hours but you can still only buy one per person? I bought one but I don't think it was fair what so ever and I also didn't like that the second certain people who bought one were trying to sell it in the emporium literally a minute later before they were even tradable. I see way too many people who were lucky enough to get one selling them way over priced when I know a few people who were extremly upset because they genuinely liked and wanted the beanie. It's just really upsetting
Exactly my point..

Amy

Head Administrator
But it would be really nice for everyone to get a chance to get the same item sold for at least a day? I mean there's some pins that have been released like that and it's had more of a fair chance for everyone.

People get really greedy with what they want to sell the black beanie for and it's just really saddening[DOUBLEPOST=1463013481][/DOUBLEPOST]
Exactly my point..
It's to create more rares, the problem with crates is not everyone likes them so we wanted to try something different. Maybe another idea would be to have 120 of the item, and have 5 go up for sale every hour for 24 hours?

Peak

Exactly my point..
Its also not the SELLERS fault.. I saw many threads saying they were just selling it and people commented up to 500k, Once other see how much they can actually go for it kinda creates a rush to sell and get as much as possible

Its also not the SELLERS fault.. I saw many threads saying they were just selling it and people commented up to 500k, Once other see how much they can actually go for it kinda creates a rush to sell and get as much as possible
Woah man, no need to use caps on me. I'm not being rude to you, just sharing my opinion on this thread like everyone else.[DOUBLEPOST=1463013778][/DOUBLEPOST]How does one even determine the value on things? I feel like someone just creates a number and everyone goes off from there.

Peak

Woah man, no need to use caps on me. I'm not being rude to you, just sharing my opinion on this thread like everyone else.[DOUBLEPOST=1463013778][/DOUBLEPOST]How does one even determine the value on things? I feel like someone just creates a number and everyone goes off from there.
Most times its just what you can get for your item..

Say i was trying to sell a pin and would only accept 10k for it. The pin might not sell because people might not "Value" it as worth 10k of their credits and believe they could get a better deal or even more of another item they may like.

In this case so many people wanted to be one of the "exclusive" players with a beanie that they would offer so much just to obtain the item, in some cases being out bidder by another user creating a bid war. Usually when someone gets lets say 500k for an item the other sellers know they can get close to that price so they choose to only sell for that amount. This creates the value and in time it could increase(if only few are selling and many are buying) or decrease(if few are buying, but many are selling)

Tyler

Pin Collector
It's to create more rares, the problem with crates is not everyone likes them so we wanted to try something different. Maybe another idea would be to have 120 of the item, and have 5 go up for sale every hour for 24 hours?
I like this idea as an alternative, but I also like how the event was run tonight. It's a great way to get a high valued item on the market fast, plus it brought a lot of people online. I payed 500k for the hat and don't find that unreasonable at all. When there are 100+ black flip hats or red inferno magics and those sell for over 1 million, 500k for a popular hat shouldn't be unheard of or uncommon. There will be plenty more events like this, with items that will undoubtedly sell for the same amount or more, because people will pay any price for something they want. I understand that not everyone is happy about this, but the whole point of this flash sale was to release 100 of an item into the game, not to sell the hat to every player.

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
Personally, i don't mind the idea of flash sales (for the most part). Yes, if i am to be honest, i am one that was able to buy the hat. However, not all the fun i had was in the getting of the item. I had so much of fun in the anticipation of the item release. It was like a party waiting and hanging out in the emporium with other players. Just like the saying goes.. the best kind of prize is a surprise. It's like Birthday's and Christmas.... you may not always get the presents you want but the excitement is in the anticipation of what you might get. Yes, I probably would of been disappointed if i missed the skull beanie, but i would of gotten over it. I wanted the white flip flops soooo much and was never able to win them. However, i still had so much of fun trying for them. I can always just trade for them later on. I am saving for them right now. Long story short.. "You win some, You lose some".

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Interesting idea, I think something like this would be better, as long as there was a way to ensure people could only buy 1 per person, and make sure no clones are used.

Peak

I like this idea as an alternative, but I also like how the event was run tonight. It's a great way to get a high valued item on the market fast, plus it brought a lot of people online. I payed 500k for the hat and don't find that unreasonable at all. When there are 100+ black flip hats or red inferno magics and those sell for over 1 million, 500k for a popular hat shouldn't be unheard of or uncommon. There will be plenty more events like this, with items that will undoubtedly sell for the same amount or more, because people will pay any price for something they want. I understand that not everyone is happy about this, but the whole point of this flash sale was to release 100 of an item into the game, not to sell the hat to every player.
I agree with this 110% The community during the HOUR up until its released was amazing, Maybe next time we could get some more staff to be apart of the release and make the room a fun place to chat, trade and play around while we all wait to see if we could be one of the few lucky ones to win!

I think everything for the most part went perfectly tonight and hope to see whats in store for us down the road!

VMKfan

How about the keys again like they were for the jungle cruise? Green crates? Pop up crates? Or even events that are limited time? Something that has to do with chance and that gives everyone an equal opportunity.

I think there are so many opportunities to implement items in the game where they can become rare, but that opens up the time frame to a wider span. Despite white items being hard to get in easter baskets, they were available over a good period of time, and they were also something everyone wanted. And there are some good opportunities to create more rares with the potc chest, sits, and crates. Even if the odds are harder in those examples, at least it provides an opportunity for a wider audience.
Also, sometimes what makes a good ultra rare is not how many common ones there are in the game (Yet still very important ), but the quality, uniqueness, and style of the actual item. The merlin hat for instance is an extremely uncommon hat, yet it's not high in demand because of the style. I think the casual route for the beanie is nice, and definitely a hat a lot of people like, but it's also a version of a hat that's been recolored several times.

They wanted to release a rare item. How can you release a rare item if you leave it up for a day or sell numbers of which everyone on vmk could own one. That wouldn't make the item rare. you cant expect everyone to get one and to be honest its just chance whether you happened to be one of the people lucky enough to get one. I feel the same as someone else has said in saying people are selling the item( as i did) not because of what people were offering, but because I simply didn't like the item myself and knew i wouldn't wear it. If the item was something I liked I wouldn't be selling it no matter how much people offered me. People are saying that it would be better if the sale was unannounced, but can you imagine how much people would complain if they were unable to get one because it was unannounced. They would be upset that it was unannounced so they didn't have the chance to go and get one themselves, at least announcing the sale allowed people to prepare and be ready.
I think Amy's idea is really good as this gives 5 players the chance to get the item every hour and gives an entire day for players to be able to find time to log on. Another idea could be to release the items via maybe a quest that's open for a day? the users with the fastest time could win the item, and this would give everyone a fair chance, as well as for the people who don't have a lot of credits, allowing newer users to the game to have a chance.

Tinkitap

I saw it clicked...buy item....4 times ,yes 4 times before it disappeared....so it seems if you saw it and were able to buy it...an error code should not have come up...it just kept saying Purchased Failed....please try again....so frustrating. Did anyone else have that happen?

They wanted to release a rare item. How can you release a rare item if you leave it up for a day or sell numbers of which everyone on vmk could own one. That wouldn't make the item rare. you cant expect everyone to get one and to be honest its just chance whether you happened to be one of the people lucky enough to get one. I feel the same as someone else has said in saying people are selling the item( as i did) not because of what people were offering, but because I simply didn't like the item myself and knew i wouldn't wear it. If the item was something I liked I wouldn't be selling it no matter how much people offered me. People are saying that it would be better if the sale was unannounced, but can you imagine how much people would complain if they were unable to get one because it was unannounced. They would be upset that it was unannounced so they didn't have the chance to go and get one themselves, at least announcing the sale allowed people to prepare and be ready.
I think Amy's idea is really good as this gives 5 players the chance to get the item every hour and gives an entire day for players to be able to find time to log on. Another idea could be to release the items via maybe a quest that's open for a day? the users with the fastest time could win the item, and this would give everyone a fair chance, as well as for the people who don't have a lot of credits, allowing newer users to the game to have a chance.
I completely agree with this. The purpose was to release a new rare item in the game, and it did its job. It was announced a week ahead of time (if you read the entire newsletter) so it gave you time to plan. In my opinion, it gave everyone fair warning about what to expect: limited quantity (100), released at 10pm EST in the emporium. It was literally a flash sale.

However, I see others' points, and I think Amy's solution would fix a lot of it. Only releasing 5 per hour would help people be on throughout the day and it should reduce the lag. However, it would be easier for clones to get the item. Everyone gets a chance to get a rare item. It's like host events, it depends on how fast you click and how good your connection is. :shrug: it doesn't matter who you are, it's all about your connection to the server.

And just to add my :2cents: on trading it away, I agree with what @Peak said about how the prices are set. Since the beginning on this game (almost 3 years ago) the goal was to be "rich". Which, like many online MMORPGs, is very hard to get to when you are a new player. It's the nature of the game, but I know plenty of people who were able to earn credits fast and trade up to make a name for themselves relatively quickly. I expect there will be plenty of opportunities like this, so try try again. :)

here my feedback about this flash back: i like it and what more :) if players missed it. it's their fault not Amy or staffs. it's been on the newsletter all last week so players will know that something will happen that day/time. if players to pick to not read it their problem. so stop picking on staffs for nothing.

I'm not trying to be mean to a players i just feel like someones being mean

I saw it clicked...buy item....4 times ,yes 4 times before it disappeared....so it seems if you saw it and were able to buy it...an error code should not have come up...it just kept saying Purchased Failed....please try again....so frustrating. Did anyone else have that happen?
That's exactly what happened to me. I saw it clicked buy now 4 or 5 times only to get the error and purchased failed. And that was right at 10pm. I feel like anyone who was able to see it and click buy now like that should have gotten one, but I also understand that it's intended to be a limited item.
Maybe they should have it as a timed release instead of a limited number? I mean some of this could have been fixed by only selling it for say 30 seconds to 50 seconds since there was some lag around the time of release.