Flash sale

Should flash sales be implemented?

• No

Votes: 34 50.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 34 50.0%

• Total voters

Peak

That's exactly what happened to me. I saw it clicked buy now 4 or 5 times only to get the error and purchased failed. And that was right at 10pm. I feel like anyone who was able to see it and click buy now like that should have gotten one, but I also understand that it's intended to be a limited item.
Maybe they should have it as a timed release instead of a limited number? I mean some of this could have been fixed by only selling it for say 30 seconds to 50 seconds since there was some lag around the time of release.
I might be wrong, but I think that meant they were already sold out.. Your shop Loaded the item while it was in stock but by the time you got to confirm your purchase the others beat you too it. Amy said it only lasted a couple of seconds so I'm assuming that this is the case, Hopefully @Amy can confirm/deny this

Amy

Head Administrator
That's exactly what happened to me. I saw it clicked buy now 4 or 5 times only to get the error and purchased failed. And that was right at 10pm. I feel like anyone who was able to see it and click buy now like that should have gotten one, but I also understand that it's intended to be a limited item.
Maybe they should have it as a timed release instead of a limited number? I mean some of this could have been fixed by only selling it for say 30 seconds to 50 seconds since there was some lag around the time of release.
Any time that happened it meant it was already sold out, I was stupid when implementing it and accidentally screwed up the out of stock message. 100 of them sold in less than a second, so a timed release would result in a valueless hat. I was just thinking a fun way to do it in the future, maybe it could come up with a trivia question of some kind that has to be answered correctly for the hat to be bought? That way it's not based on connection speed (I stand by computer speed not being a factor these days, VMK originally came out in 2005 and for the time it had to support really old computers from before that (so many original VMK screenshots were taken in Windows 9x), and whilst Shockwave is quite terrible these days any computer should be on about the same level, unless you are using a computer that literally came with Windows 98 or something).

Only problem with the trivia question is that I would be accused of telling people the answer ahead of time (I'm the one who handles the flash sales so noone else on staff would even have access, it's not on the housekeeping).

It's to create more rares, the problem with crates is not everyone likes them so we wanted to try something different. Maybe another idea would be to have 120 of the item, and have 5 go up for sale every hour for 24 hours?
I personally honestly like this better because at least people can get a chance?

as for the other commenters for trading/selling wise, no it's not the sellers fault but they know they can get a high value out of their beanie, but it really sucks for someone who has little to no credits (or at least under 100k) cannot afford that secret rare item at 400k-500k. "sucks to suck" you guys might think but we have lives? we are busy sometimes and sometimes it cannot be controlled? Sure it's a game and sure the players make the prices but still it's a little unfair for the people who can't get anything or much and wanted the item.

here my feedback about this flash back: i like it and what more :) if players missed it. it's their fault not Amy or staffs. it's been on the newsletter all last week so players will know that something will happen that day/time. if players to pick to not read it their problem. so stop picking on staffs for nothing.

I don't think most of the complaints are from players that weren't aware of the event. What about those of us that were there and couldn't get an item that was available for two seconds? Seems a bit arbitrary.....

The best "distribute rares" event I have been a part of was the holiday gift event during Christmas 2014. Everyone got something.....some got incredible items, but at least everyone got something good. Maybe something like this could be used for the flash sale. For 10k, you get a crate. You have a shot at the ultra rare, but you may only get a rare. Ensure everything potentially available is valued at least 10k and there won't be a lot of whining. You can never make everyone happy, but this seems equitable and could add some better rare and ultra rare items into the game.

Last edited:
This flash sale brought so many people online, which was nice, but that spike of people literally lasted the amount of the flash sale. I like the idea of the baskets we did at Easter/Thanksgiving time - that way a steady amount of people are on throughout the entire day, everyone has a chance of obtaining it (because you could get a basket in ANY room throughout the kingdom), and it's also a super fun way to interact with friends. Just a thought!

This flash sale brought so many people online, which was nice, but that spike of people literally lasted the amount of the flash sale. I like the idea of the baskets we did at Easter/Thanksgiving time - that way a steady amount of people are on throughout the entire day, everyone has a chance of obtaining it (because you could get a basket in ANY room throughout the kingdom), and it's also a super fun way to interact with friends. Just a thought!
I thought the baskets, concept wise, were a good way to get the community to come together, but honestly it was annoying that no one wanted to play anything. All the game lobbies were filled with people mindlessly collecting baskets and that was it. Everyone became really hostile too when baskets were stolen, sat on, would glitch, that I really just didn't bother getting on for a bit.

VMKfan

I thought the baskets, concept wise, were a good way to get the community to come together, but honestly it was annoying that no one wanted to play anything. All the game lobbies were filled with people mindlessly collecting baskets and that was it. Everyone became really hostile too when baskets were stolen, sat on, would glitch, that I really just didn't bother getting on for a bit.
I think the keys and crates are a wonderful alternative. Seeing that you could win a key after getting a certain amount of points, this boosted the mini game use as well as kept players playing more with incentives

Kelsey

flash sale was more fun sorry pls do more amy :B

Like the Turkey event during Thanksgiving!!
Oh, that was so much fun!
Honestly, it was the best day I ever had on MyVMK, save for that day I was given over 1,250 pieces of ash (collective.)
-collapses into ash pile, they waft around the room-

I only recently started getting on more often because of school and such. but, I remember the first halloween event where the pumpkins popped up and we got the gas masks and such. that was by far one of my favorite days on vmk. i think that would be a good idea to release items. i wasn't present for the flash sale, so I'm not opposed to it. but I know staying connected was a problem for many.

By the way in my previous posts, I'm not saying the flash sale was a horrible idea.
I think it could actually work well if there wasn't any lag or connection issues during the flash sale.
There were just a few kinks to work out since it was the first run.
I can't wait to see what happens with it for the future flash sales.