Here from Day One Badges

How should we give out day one badges?

• Give them out to people on Day One only.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy

Head Administrator
In the original VMK, Here from Day One badges were given to people who played during the beta phase of the game. In OpenVMK we had it so that you only got it during day one, at the time that's what I thought they were supposed to be for, but I was wrong. So I'm making this poll to find out what you want us to do.

We can give them out the same way as VMK did, as in have them be available throughout the beta phase of the game. This would likely make them really common for the foreseeable future though, and they won't mean as much as a result. We can give them out for a set amount of time like a week, but this could have the same problem as the beta-phase option (though not quite as extreme). Or we could just give them out during day one like the badge sounds like.

The choice is yours!

At least keep it on for the first few days.
Gives people less room to complain..

torch

I would say the first 48 hours, really. I know that's not technically "first day," and i'm expecting MMK won't be quite as issue-y as ovmk in terms of signing in and not being able to get on the server or anything. But just in case?

cruise

I would vote for entire phase of beta such as vmk did. However if you go with a lesser amount of time then I would like to see the first week included. This would give people enough time to register and resolve any issues they could have trying to get into the game. My original character on vmk did not have a day 1 badge due to registration problems they could not fix until after beta. :)

Fiyero

48-72 hours would be a good time to let everyone register and quickly log on to get it if they really had a strong desire to. To be honest, I never understood why VMK gave it for all people who registered during the Beta period. It kinda ruined the point of the badge and made it very popular for a good amount of time.

For the purposes of the poll, should we assume It's either Day 1 or Another amount of time longer than that? IE, all answers saying longer than that are considered as one answer?

Shrimp

If it's only for the first 24 hours, it'll of course make us feel really special since we're a tiny group that just reconnected. But I remember not many of my friends knew about the OVMK Forums, so I highly doubt they know about this forums. I think 48-72 hours would be fine like on OVMK. Once the game is up running, hopefully more people will hear about it.

Geggy

I'm on the fence. I think we should have the "Day 1" badge like VMK - for those people who were part of beta. However, the big difference is that the beta period for VMK was closed.

Because oVMK was an open beta, then it made more sense to have a limited time period to be eligible for the badge. For MMK (or whatever the name will be), I think those who are signed in within the first 48-96 hours would be a reasonable time frame for an open beta game.

If there are major issues getting into the game, then that time frame needs to be a little flexible...

:geek:

Geggy said:
I'm on the fence. I think we should have the "Day 1" badge like VMK - for those people who were part of beta. However, the big difference is that the beta period for VMK was closed.

Because oVMK was an open beta, then it made more sense to have a limited time period to be eligible for the badge. For MMK (or whatever the name will be), I think those who are signed in within the first 48-96 hours would be a reasonable time frame for an open beta game.

If there are major issues getting into the game, then that time frame needs to be a little flexible...

:geek:
I agree with this!

Alyce

Younger than Dirt..Older than Disneyland
cruise said:
I would vote for entire phase of beta such as vmk did. However if you go with a lesser amount of time then I would like to see the first week included. This would give people enough time to register and resolve any issues they could have trying to get into the game. My original character on vmk did not have a day 1 badge due to registration problems they could not fix until after beta. :)
I am also for the 48 to 96 hours signup period for the Day 1 badge.

Registration "pile ups" might be a problem or maybe time differences, people at work/school, slow browsers/computers, etc are always issues.

I have seen threads of a few people that are having problems getting onto this forum.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I never understood why something called a "Day 1" pin was given out during an entire beta phase in VMK. But what I liked about oVMK was that the "Day 1" pin wasn't overused and people were given some time to get them. I think in MMK giving them out for a week or so, a set period of time is fair. Gives everyone some time to obtain one, while also keeping it special by keeping it small scale.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Alyce said:
cruise said:
I am also for the 48 to 96 hours signup period for the Day 1 badge.

Registration "pile ups" might be a problem or maybe time differences, people at work/school, slow browsers/computers, etc are always issues.

I have seen threads of a few people that are having problems getting onto this forum.
I agree. A window of time to obtain the pin is sensible IMO. And as for the forum trouble, I've been doing my best on twitter to help anyone resolve these issues, with the aid of Kevin. It appears to only be a DNS issue, and can be fixed with a few seconds. If you or anyone else knows anyone who's having trouble getting on here, send me a PM. :)

First 48 hrs sounds good ,then all that wants one has plenty of time to get it! we want it to mean something, not be to common .

Status
Not open for further replies.