I got two people to play this with an outside perspective..

I don't want poop filtered, because it's my favorite word.
I'm the most immature college dude on here, and proud. Esqueeze me for having a sense of humor.
The immature kids are the ones who make clones just to go around and say REALLY COOL words.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
That's what bothers me though. I want this game to grow with people that have never played this game before, but there aren't enough friendly people around here. I try to make things interesting, give people free stuff when I can but there are a lot of people that are just straight up rude to new people because they have a fish hat on or something (I've seen it happen).

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
The #1 thing is everyone is older. The game will never be "the same" due to that factor.
This is half true, but most of the people who played original VMK were adults, but you gotta think that the other half the the community were much younger and were children/pre-teens/teens because it was a Disney game.

i totally agree, so much snobby people
Yes, I agree. There's too many snobby people. I generally don't talk because I'm not very social and kind of shy, but there are other players who are so rude and snobby it makes me so angry. It's unnecessary to be rude to a player, and it kind of ruins it for them because they're playing again to relive the 'magic', and are excited that their favorite online game is back, and if they're a brand new player and haven't played VMK, it ruins the fun, honestly. The least you could do is be nice to them. It costs nothing to be nice.

I know somebody who is 11, and he is definitely more mature than the college aged players. "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS."

I think we should just put filter back like it was in the original.
Yes, there people on this site who are much younger than everyone else yet they're very mature and don't stir up trouble. And oh God no, the old filter was beyond awful. You couldn't say a proper sentence without fixing words so they're acceptable.

Jasmine

Honestly, most of the prominent players who play the game/visit the forum act immature 24/7. Those are often the people you see all the time in the shoutbox or in game... but then there's tons of players who do stick to themselves and never bother anybody. The people you mainly see are people in the "cliques". So a younger child being considered more mature than some of the older players doesn't really mean much to me... I mean have you seen some of what's said and goes on with these cliques? But then again, maturity is pretty subjective.

As @Aka already mentioned, I think it just boils down to how you're raised and how you are as a person. Apparently my friends and I seem to be the only ones to have encounters with adults who act worse than the young adults. I've found many adults to act pettier than young adults in a lot of situations that involve the game. I think another factor is that too many people invest way too much time into this game and spend way too much time trying to get attention from others or trying to impress people. It shouldn't take over your life; it's just a game. :shrug:

Last edited:
Honestly, most of the prominent players who play the game/visit the forum act immature 24/7. Those are often the people you see all the time in the shoutbox or in game... but then there's tons of players who do stick to themselves and never bother anybody. The people you mainly see are people in the "cliques". So a younger child being considered more mature than some of the older players doesn't really mean much to me... I mean have you seen some of what's said and goes on with these cliques? But then again, maturity is pretty subjective.

As @Aka already mentioned, I think it just boils down to how you're raised and how you are as a person. Apparently my friends and I seem to be the only ones to have encounters with adults who act worse than the young adults. I've found many adults to act pettier than young adults in a lot of situations that involve the game. I think another factor is that too many people invest way too much time into this game and spend way too much time trying to get attention from others or trying to impress people. It shouldn't take over your life; it's just a game. :shrug:
Yeah I see that :) This is why I don't even bother with the shout box or trade rooms anymore unless I feel it's void of those who I suspect will stir up drama. With that in mind, I'm enjoying the game no problem and am meeting some nice people.

Just to add in my own words, I think where most are getting at is if someone's new, they may not know how to cope with certain people who have a poor attitude and enjoy the game otherwise. Considering most are college students, high schoolers I get where some kids or older adults can't relate or understandly have enough patience and sadly the kind ones I knew who have tried were turned off by clique attitude you mention that does definitely exists. I'll just leave it at that. I do believe the community isn't bad as claimed explained in my prior post. Yeah and I guess how you take it - the game and people - depends on who you are and what you make of it :)

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Yes to be fair there are some adults that act very immature too. I am not talking 18 year olds I am talking 30 year olds. Age vs maturity is subject. I know I have a sister who I am sure did not age past 14 she just never matured I still keep hoping she will lol.

Jasmine

Yeah I see that :) This is why I don't even bother with the shout box or trade rooms anymore unless I feel it's void of those who I suspect will stir up drama. With that in mind, I'm enjoying the game no problem and am meeting some nice people.

Just to add in my own words, I think where most are getting at is if someone's new, they may not know how to cope with certain people who have a poor attitude and enjoy the game otherwise. Considering most are college students, high schoolers I get where some kids or older adults can't relate or understandly have enough patience and sadly the kind ones I knew who have tried were turned off by clique attitude you mention that does definitely exists. I'll just leave it at that. I do believe the community isn't bad as claimed explained in my prior post. Yeah and I guess how you take it - the game and people - depends on who you are and what you make of it :)
See I think the problem is that the representation of our community is those who are in the cliques. It doesn't really make sense, but that seems to be how it is. Maybe there's so many members in them that they're the first a new player meets? New players don't even get a chance to meet the quieter players who keep to themselves, and that's a shame. I know many people also avoid this forum like it's the plague because of what their friends have told them about it.

Yes to be fair there are some adults that act very immature too. I am not talking 18 year olds I am talking 30 year olds. Age vs maturity is subject. I know I have a sister who I am sure did not age past 14 she just never matured I still keep hoping she will lol.
Yep, exactly what I was saying. It really has nothing to do with age. Some people are just... themselves, and I guess they'll likely just stay that way until they see their faults. All you can do is have hope for them, I suppose.

Bindingkey

Wow... I mean I can understand that bullying is bad on any level but I guess I'm not as involved with the community as a lot of people on here are. Not that I haven't made friends with people and I don't socialize, but like I haven't really gone to places that I guess would warrant such antagonizing behavior. Where are things like this going on? I am genuinely curious...

PirateBot

Part Pirate, Part Bot
I love that there's no filter and players should just be responsible for what they do or say. No group is specifically to blame. People are who they are regardless of age. It would be irrational to just assume someone is a certain way because of one instance or how they or their peers appear to be online. People come from different places, are raised with different morals and values, and react differently. Adults should already know this, and usually aren't the problem. People I've encountered are pretty nice on here or at least keep to themselves which is fine. Some teens or young adults are more sensitive than others, some are not and are able to take the heat and move on. That's why I try to keep an open mind about other people and be honest and straightforward in the kindest way possible. I'm a nice person, but I'm not soft. I don't base my judgement on someone on simply one instance or what they may seem to be at face value.

Anyway, personally I'm going to chill and just enjoy this game while I can, but I understand what you all mean. And back to the topic specifically, I do understand that the younger generation may find it a turn off encountering a few rude players whether they outright make an unwarranted comment or ignore you in spite, but overall the community is not too bad as it is claimed to be. I even noticed this on my clone, many people were willing to help in different rooms! Just lighten up and maybe others will, too. If not, try again because at least you tried and you can move on.
Absolutely right.

The community is nearly the same as it always was, we all have aged since. A filter would only push people out; why can't we talk our minds? Nobody here is an impressionable baby. Surround yourself with the friends you want and avoid those you don't. Or be nice to people if they're treating you a way you don't want to be treated. You could either win them over or make them feel stupid for how they're treating you. But I shouldn't have to tell you all this because it's a real life lesson. And although some of you may have problems with the community, (My)VMK is just a microcosm of the real live world.

Absolutely right.

The community is nearly the same as it always was, we all have aged since. A filter would only push people out; why can't we talk our minds? Nobody here is an impressionable baby. Surround yourself with the friends you want and avoid those you don't. Or be nice to people if they're treating you a way you don't want to be treated. You could either win them over or make them feel stupid for how they're treating you. But I shouldn't have to tell you all this because it's a real life lesson. And although some of you may have problems with the community, (My)VMK is just a microcosm of the real live world.
couldn't have said it better myself everything about this is a yes

I got my sister into playing as well. She told me that everyone already has their own circle and doesn't really communicate with anyone else.
All she does it buy rooms and furnish them because of that.
And to be honest I completely agree.

People came into a room of mine and completely ignored me. If I go into a room and the owner tries to speak with me, I will acknowledge their existence.
The people in this game are very stuck up and they hide behind a keyboard. It takes the fun out of the game honestly.

PirateBot

Part Pirate, Part Bot
I got my sister into playing as well. She told me that everyone already has their own circle and doesn't really communicate with anyone else.
All she does it buy rooms and furnish them because of that.
And to be honest I completely agree.

People came into a room of mine and completely ignored me. If I go into a room and the owner tries to speak with me, I will acknowledge their existence.
The people in this game are very stuck up and they hide behind a keyboard. It takes the fun out of the game honestly.
I was 'new' a couple weeks ago though I played in the fall and winter, I made a new account then and didn't really know anyone again. But I quickly made a great group of friends that I always hang out with in game, and I'm friends with a lot of others in other groups and stuff. You just have to be friendly with a sense of humor and engage groups of people in conversation. Play room games, they're a great icebreaker. If someone is intentionally mean or stuck up, screw them and go somewhere else. I've found people on here to be generally nice and funny idk.

Jenner

SITS hoarder
THIS.

My cousin briefly played the game (for like a day) but was turned off because there was "nothing to do" and people were reaaallly rude to her. Most people called her a clone, without her even acting like one. She was just asking questions, not asking for free.

Personally, I feel like anyone who joins the game at this point will be very put off and ridiculed, and probably won't stay on for long because of the community.

I'm just throwing this out there: I would be a lot happier if the two most common phrases in VMK were not "o" and "cri."

But on a more serious note, I agree that snobbiness is rampant in MyVMK. Unfortunately, there's no way to control that. I really wish people would learn kindness and boundaries though. We all start out as "noobs!"

I'm just throwing this out there: I would be a lot happier if the two most common phrases in VMK were not "o" and "cri."

But on a more serious note, I agree that snobbiness is rampant in MyVMK. Unfortunately, there's no way to control that. I really wish people would learn kindness and boundaries though. We all start out as "noobs!"
Thank you. The "o" thing is pretty annoying.

BuddyByte

Legendary Hero
From the posts in this thread, it looks to me like people aren't getting to be themselves in MyVMK. No one can say or do anything without people criticizing or ignoring them. I feel like if everyone were a little more accepting and a little more kind, the game might actually grow. MyVMK is supposed to be a place where we can come to escape real-life judgement and criticism, not a place where we receive it.

I was 'new' a couple weeks ago though I played in the fall and winter, I made a new account then and didn't really know anyone again. But I quickly made a great group of friends that I always hang out with in game, and I'm friends with a lot of others in other groups and stuff. You just have to be friendly with a sense of humor and engage groups of people in conversation. Play room games, they're a great icebreaker. If someone is intentionally mean or stuck up, screw them and go somewhere else. I've found people on here to be generally nice and funny idk.
I understand where you're coming from, I suppose, but I am kind to people... I also find myself to be quiet funny- if I do say so myself. It still is hard for me to befriend people even being kind or humorous, and in my opinion it's a lot easier for males to make friends in the game. I don't know if it's because girls are so caty or what, but I find it extremely hard to make friends now unless they happen to be new and looking for friends.