Keys and Crates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss

This entire concept stresses me out. I either can't even walk because of the lag in CQQ, or finishing my game of fireworks and not even receive my credits- let alone have a chance of getting a key or a crate.

Hope they sell Stitch and Minnie eventually --- I have college full time and a job. Ain't no body got time to sit on VMK all day gettin keys
:p

It's a nice concept, but when you spend hours trying to get clams in a room packed full of people not willing to share with anyone, on a computer that generates so much lag it makes you want to pull your hair out, it starts to become frustrating in mere minutes. I just barely managed to get two keys (something most others can't even say!) but was so highly disappointed to find that both times, they were items you can buy in the store... -.- I liked the Pumpkin Hunt, because you could go into any room (even the empty ones) and wait for pumpkins to pop up. I'm not the fastest person in the world, so competing with mouse-users, as I myself am constrained to a track pad, is a no-go for me. Fireworks is kind of a bore, to be honest, and I was lucky enough to get a key on the first try, while my friends would play many without any such luck. It's a real disappointment. I've wanted Princess Minnie since I joined VMK and was never lucky enough to get something rare enough to trade for it. I was hoping I at least would've been able to get it in this game. :S

tiggerholic

Okay ... on the front page it states: "Looking for some rare and exclusive MyVMK loot? Look no further! Well, you?ll probably still need to look because someone locked all of the items up in crates! How do you get your hands on a crate and a key, you might be wondering?"

Are items you can buy in the stores rare or exclusive? I don't think so :( The concept isn't bad. It's in the execution :sick: I really think there needs to be a change made so we're NOT getting store items. You can substitute various amounts of credits instead of store items or increase the likelihood of *actually* receiving something rare.

sparkles

I love this idea and I love playing this. My only complaint is that I wish the keys would be a little more common than they are now. Im not saying make them come like the crates, just a little bit more. I am so excited to be playing this and it keeps the excitement of the the game going. :) great job staff

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Honestly in my opinion, the concept is revolutionary in this game. But the execution is a tad rusty, and in need of some "oil". The drop rate of a key in CQQ via Shells, is near impossible. The drop rate during a game of fireworks is a bit higher, but you still have to sit through a 15 minute game with non stop clicking to find out if you even had a fighting CHANCE. The NPC's can only be collected from every 12 hrs, so you have a slim to none chance only being able to collect twice per day with no inkling if you have a chance at a crate, or even a key.

I really feel either the keys should become AS common as the crates, or come along with the crate when the drop is received for the purpose that the chance of getting a SUPER rare item like Stitch or Princess hat is highly slim anyway, so making it doubly difficult to simply obtain the item to unlock the blasted crate seems pointless and it's very frustrating for many of us. I think the system needs a good tweek, but all in all the idea is superb and it adds something new to the game we haven't seen before.

I do also hope that this is NOT the only way we will be able to obtain Stitch and Princess Hat in the future. In my honest opinion, if you wanted to push certain items to be super rare that much, put them in the shop catalogue for sale to everyone for a short amount of time (i.e. 1 day, or 2 days) for a larger amount of credits (10k etc). I'd rather see that happen, than the crates be the source of those two most coveted items.

First off, thanks to those who have worked so hard to bring this game back to like.

Like so many others, I agree that the crates and keys are a great idea, but the execution of it is a bit off. I've played about 15-20 full games of fireworks since last evening, and I haven't gotten any keys from playing fireworks. I've only gotten one key from the NPC, and that resulted in a cheap long sleeve shirt.

It would be nice if either the keys became more frequent so that we can actually open the crates we have won. What is the point of having dozens of crates if we don't have the key to open.

If the keys still stay as rare as they are, it would be nice if the prizes were either rare items only available through crates, or stuff like the magic pins that are valued over 10,000 credits. It is frustrating to get just one key, and wind up getting a shirt I could have bought for 25 credits.

It's great to introduce stuff like this into the game, but it sucks the fun out of it when you either can't open the crates or only get cheap buyable items.

Maracita

I am enjoying all the credits I am accumulating trying to get keys. I agree with Jellyrolls. I have about 25 crates and only earned five keys. I was so excited to use the keys but I only received t-shirts and tank tops. I do hear people getting furniture which is preferable to the inexpensive buyable clothing. I just can't believe that with the difficulty of acquiring keys, I earn the leys but each has given me these clothes. I have to believe I have very bad luck. LOL

PIGGIESARECOOL

where do u unlock a crate? are they just found around in the game!? im so confused!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY/HELP ME

Etain

After playing fireworks I got a new message:

"Sorry, you didn't qualify to get a key this time".

Is this just a new polite message to let people know they didn't get a key, or are there now score requirements?

KMystikroots

A demon who vaguely sauntered downwards
Honestly in my opinion, the concept is revolutionary in this game. But the execution is a tad rusty, and in need of some "oil". The drop rate of a key in CQQ via Shells, is near impossible. The drop rate during a game of fireworks is a bit higher, but you still have to sit through a 15 minute game with non stop clicking to find out if you even had a fighting CHANCE. The NPC's can only be collected from every 12 hrs, so you have a slim to none chance only being able to collect twice per day with no inkling if you have a chance at a crate, or even a key.

I really feel either the keys should become AS common as the crates, or come along with the crate when the drop is received for the purpose that the chance of getting a SUPER rare item like Stitch or Princess hat is highly slim anyway, so making it doubly difficult to simply obtain the item to unlock the blasted crate seems pointless and it's very frustrating for many of us. I think the system needs a good tweek, but all in all the idea is superb and it adds something new to the game we haven't seen before.

I do also hope that this is NOT the only way we will be able to obtain Stitch and Princess Hat in the future. In my honest opinion, if you wanted to push certain items to be super rare that much, put them in the shop catalogue for sale to everyone for a short amount of time (i.e. 1 day, or 2 days) for a larger amount of credits (10k etc). I'd rather see that happen, than the crates be the source of those two most coveted items.
brilliantly, and correctly put. :) genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.